Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn to 1 Month, September '04

spiddles Guest

We are lucky Pee cause the photographer we have known for years and our wedding shots were used in a bridal magazine for pulicity for her so we get a good deal.

The basinette my mum picked up from a garage sale for $5 *lol* and scrubbed up really well.

Hi all,

I am slack with the pics, I have 2 films to develop and keep forgetting to put them in due to sleep deprivation. I have set up a babiesonline page but haven't added the pics yet. My sister is annoying the crap out of me as she wanted pics and she lives in Qld, so mum sent her ones she took on her digital camera.

We have Jessica in the bassinette next to our bed, I put her in the pram in the day when I am doing things. Problem is she just wants to be hugged. A girlfriend came today who hadn't seen her before and she hugged her for ages after she woke up from her 4 hr sleep, and then she wouldn't let me put her down. We won't have many visitors from now though as everyone has seen her now so we will have to work on go to bed, go to sleep.

Wow Pee Ryley can eat, Jessica is lucky to have 90mls per bottle, but she was only 6lb 10. On the other hand Jemma was 8lb4 1/2 and she drank heaps like Ryley, maybe thats why she slept through at 3 weeks.

Jessica is also on the verge of the smile, she is very alert and loves her nappy off. She has started making sounds too. SOOOO cute!

Goodnight all, going to check on Arron's painting of our renovation/ rumpus and 2 bedrooms.

Best wishes Michelle

spiddles Guest

Liam has been a heffer today.....was breast feeding on the bed laying down and ended up falling asleep...an hour later when I woke up he was still sucking....I dont think I have any milk lieft.

Am going to a party tonite...my team leader from work is leaving...have expressed milk in a bottle....Think I will have a rum tonite...havent had one in ages and I think I need it!!!

Pietta Guest

Whoa @ Liam!! How long were you asleep for? 8-[

I had my first Conitreau last week and I couldnt believe how much ONE standard drink knocked me out!! DH said that if i wasnt still recovering from the caesar.... hehehehe I was really quite tipsy.

Have you got any new pics uploaded of Liam recently? i love looking at how much they've changed/ grown

spiddles Guest

Probably just over an hour Pee....(still dont know how I managed to fall asleep)

There are some pics on his website.....have only added a few here and there and thats about all I have done to his website.

Last night was great. Went out about 7ish and came home around 11ish. He managed to sleep through all the noise which was great and was like pass the parcel all nite because everyone wanted a cuddle. Had a feed just before we left and then started to stir around 10:30 so gave a bottle of expressed milk. Ended up having 3 rum cans and I felt so out of it at the time. He had the breast this morning and seems to be ok. Don't think it has affected him. Someone said that if you have alcohol in your system can give them wind and the runs?? Before I was pregnant I could sit down and drink half a carton at least of cans without being affected. Least I am a cheap drunk now *lol*

Does anyone know how long it takes for alcohol to wear out of your system when breast feeding....Is it the smae as blood alcohol reading when driving??? I don't have a clue and have had mixed responces. Someone else told me 24 hours.

Spiddles, it takes around 24 hours and you really sgouldn't breastfeed in this time, it is in your milk and will go to your baby. if you want to go out drinlink you should express enough milk for 24 hours worth of feeds then after you have drunk express (for comfort) and through out your milk and give the other expressed milk for the day. Especially as Liam is still so young it really isn't a good thing for him.

Glad to hear you had a great night out.

Take care
    Trish

spiddles Guest

Thanks for the advise Trish.......I really wasnt too sure. I now know for next time!!

That's ok Spiddles. By the way Liam is beautiful I just had a look at his page.

Take care
    Trish

Hi ladies,
    Hope you and your babies are doing well. Pee, ment to mention that babies go through a growth spurt around weeks;3, 6, 12 and 6 months so that maybe why Ryley might be drinking a lot more atm. Amelia has just gone through hers. Waking at 4.30am for the past week having an extra feed where she normally would go 8 hours and need to be woken at 6am for first feed. The past 3 nights she has gone back to her 8hr stint, and I am so happy for the extra sleep. B/f has gone much better today. my boobs are much more comfy.

Spiddles, I agree with Trish re b/f and drink. I have not yet mastered the b/f in bed yet. It took me 7 weeks b4 I could do it with ds and I think I will wait till the nipples settle b4 I try with Amelia.

Mitch, hope you get Jessica into a sleep pattern without people cuddling her all the time. It makes it hard on us mothers when we have to get them back into going to sleep themselves. It's the parents who are left with unsettled babies. Yes I b/f Jonathan till 11months so I should be right once Amelia gets the idea to open her mouth without putting her tongue up too. She gets so frustrated.

Amelia started cooing to us today and she has been realy alert too. I just love it when they start to respond and become little people.

Not long now till we all graduate to the one month plus group. See you soon.

spiddles Guest

I swear Liam has a clock in his belly...Depending when I goto bed or if he is awake usually has a feed anywhere between 9 and 11ish....always seems to wake up at 1:30 and 4:30 *shugs*

Pietta Guest

Hello everyone!

I am having a weird time atm with Ryley. He is sleeping really well but he has gone up to 140-160mLs of formula every feed now and he is feeding every 4 hours!!! I'm not sure why he is eating so much but I' not going to say no if he needs it!

Also he will sleep after feed play sleep every bottle except for his 5 a.m. bottle and his 9 a.m. bottle. It has been hard coz I am not a morning person but I think I'll just have to get better sleeping patterns and go to bed at 10ish instead of 12 or 1!! Otherwise I am a grumpy Mum in the morning.

I took him to the shops today with Mum and she watched him while I went to the toilet and I couldnt wait to get back to him- I rushed so much!! Crazy! You want a little break and then when there is one you cant wait to see the bubbas again... ahhh the love!!

Hi Pee - Try not to worry too much about how much Ryley is eating... Aidyn was having a similar amount at that age as well. I also spent a lot of time wondering if he was eating too much, when I should have just focused on the fact that he was happy, growing well, and sleeping well, which just shows that he was eating a good amount for him.
    It sounds like he is doing really well

Take care everyone!

spiddles Guest

Liam seems to graze from about 5:30 to 9:30...have boob for half an hour then sleep for half an hour then play for half an hour then it starts again but has been sleeping through to 3:00am then wakes at 6:30 for another feed (which is ok cause thats when DH gets up to get ready for work). He then has a feed between 3-4 hours during the day.

Glad tyo see Ryley is growing and that he is starting to get into a routine Pee. Hopefully he will let you get more sleep soon.

carmen Guest

Hello

I am just popping in to say that I am so excited about being in this forum - my life seems to have so much more meaning now that I am a mum.

Luke is a pretty good baby - we are managing to b/f about every 3-4 hours and although sometimes it takes a few minutes for him to latch on, I am perservering (sp). He falls asleep when he has had enough so I just keep trying until he falls asleep.

I can't believe how quickly the days go by when you really don't do a lot. DH has this week off work with me and he is amazed by how much you need to do to look after him but said that it wasn't really hard work because he enjoyed it so much. He is going to really struggle when he goes back to work.

Well I will get going, take care and I look forward to hearing your stories and getting your advice.

Carmen

carmen Guest

Hello

I am just popping in to say that I am so excited about being in this forum - my life seems to have so much more meaning now that I am a mum.

Luke is a pretty good baby - we are managing to b/f about every 3-4 hours and although sometimes it takes a few minutes for him to latch on, I am perservering (sp). He falls asleep when he has had enough so I just keep trying until he falls asleep.

I can't believe how quickly the days go by when you really don't do a lot. DH has this week off work with me and he is amazed by how much you need to do to look after him but said that it wasn't really hard work because he enjoyed it so much. He is going to really struggle when he goes back to work.

Well I will get going, take care and I look forward to hearing your stories and getting your advice.

Carmen

Pietta Guest

Hello Carmen and WELCOME!!! Yay!! I was thinking we were going to have an empty forum besides me and Spiddles soon but at least there is three of us! Mind you I do leave in a week!!

It is amazing how much time it takes! My DH hasnt really realised this even though he was home with me for the first week. He told someone at work today that he lets me sleep in on the weekends and I asked him what he meant by that because he has NEVER (lol) let me sleep in and catch up- I always take Ryley out on Sat morning so DH can sleep. His response was- well I made his bottles for the 5 a.m. feed on Sat and Sun morning! I think I might have to say to him that it would be sleeping in if he didnt just hand the bottle over and say- here you go and go back to sleep!!!

I am glad your DH is loving Luke Carmen. Dh and I had a weird start as he hasnt really helped out much at all and suprisingly doesnt always look to cuddle him etc when he comes home. For the experienced Mums on the board who read through here- when did your DH/P/F's actually start to be stoked?? I wonder if DH is still worried he wont know what to do or whether my DH just doesnt love Ryley as much as I thought he would? Or whether because I have love for Ryley shooting out my ears I expect that DH would too?? This situation really has made me upset in the last week or so coz I thought DH would be such an affectionate loving Dad- He said he wanted to be opposite to his Dad......

Hmm.. besides that though all is good and thanks Ambah for the advice. I suppose because he just keeps changing what he wants every day for the past week that I am getting confused because his first week was an eat sleep bliss!! hehehehe

Hi Pee! I used to have the exact same problem as you, with DP never helping out during the night, or mornings... and he still doesn't!!! :mad:

Maybe it is just taking a while for your DH to get used to Riley? As men don't have the instinct to nurture like we do, he may not feel like he connects until Riley starts smiling/talking more and being a bit more interactive? I know my DP is falling more & more in love with Aidyn every day, but its because Aidyn is old enough to connect & commincate & play with him.
    Also its possible that DP is a bit shocked with how much time & effort a newborn takes, and just feels like retreating or having some of his own space..? (these are just suggestions, I may be completely wrong!!)

Hi Carmen, Luke sounds like a lovely baby, and it sounds like he is doing really well with the b/f'ing!! Its great to hear that DH is so rapt in him already!

Hi everypne,

I am here too Pee, just haven't received emails for this forum in the last few days, not sure why.

I think DH's have many concerns when it comes to newborns. My DH is a 4th time Dad and has only changed 2 nappies and has done maybe about 8 bottles. I know esp when he was a dad for the first time, he was really worried that he may hurt the baby as the baby was small and he felt his hands were too clumsy. He also hadn't been around many babies, unlike me. I guess it doesn't come natural for all parents and maybe you need to set up some time for Dad and bub together. Maybe a nappy change (wee's only) and if you aren't bfeeding an occasional bottle.

Jessica is improviong her sleep pattern, there are times when all she wants is a cuddle, but she is going straight into the bassinette after middle of the night feeds and not crying, except in the morning as she wants to get up. We are interested in watching her eyes, we have 2 brown eyed kids and 1 blue eyed. I think Jessicas eyes are a little dark to be blue, but there is a definite blue ring. My bet is brown, but blue would be nice. Dh has brown eyes, I have blue and the brown is dominant of course. What colour eyes do other bubs have?

Cheers Michelle

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast