Thread: 'due date' is here...

tarni Guest

Default 'due date' is here...

Hi all

It's been a long time since I've visited.
    I suffered a complete molar pregnancy back in April and was told to wait 12 months before attempting to conceive again.

My baby's due date was tomorrow, 06 December, and the sadness is still so raw.
    For the past week, everytime I think about it I get big tears welling up in my eyes.
    I have applied for a day off work tomorrow, ciitng personal reasons, and plan to spend the day with my 4-year old son, perhaps going to the beach and doing some shopping. A fun, high-spirited day to take my mind off things.

Alot of people (family members) have asked 'oh are you still really upset about it are you?' Of course I am, the feeling just doesn't disappear! Gosh, what do you say to that?

In good news though, my obstetrician has now informed me that he'll let me fall pregnant again from February So bring on February 01, DP isn't going to know what hit him!!

Anyway, this was just a bit of a rant to get stuff out. Thanks for reading! I'm going to visit more regularly again now, in the lead up to when I can start TTC again.

Tarni, thinking of you at this difficult time I think a day with your son sounds wonderful and a chance to remember your little one. Unfortunately until you lose a baby no-one really understands the pain, I hope you can gain lots of support here from women that do understand :hugs:

I wish you every success in February for a short and sweet TTC journey.

Take care

Hi Tarni,

I just wanted to say I totally understand how you are feeling. I was a mess at my MC due date in sept. I cried a lot, felt very alone (even with a loving DH), and found that most people who haven't experienced a loss really don't understand and do expect us to be "over it by now". But for us it is still so painful, the yearning for what should have been, the loss of our dreams. All I can say is follow your heart, and do whatever you need to, to get through and to honour this day.

I am sure you will have much support here, BB really helped me, much more than I expected.

Your beautiful son will also help you more than he will ever know,

So a big hug from me, and all the very best luck TTC in Feb,

Good luck with tomorrow. I've just past the first of my due dates from my pregnancy losses this year and I think the only thing that helped me was that I was pregnant again. I had planned to take the day off but worked it instead and found that keeping busy all day helped. I actually felt worse about it the day after the EDD so be prepared for that as well. Good luck.

Tarni, i am so sorry for your loss. of course the loss of your baby still hurts. Lynn is right, it may be too much to ask folks who have never faced such a loss to understand. i hope you find the support you need, and have a good cry my dear. big hugs, and i wish you lots of luck on your ttc journey. xxoom