Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused about adoption

Hi,

Blackbird's post was excellent. The ICA route is a bit of a rollercoaster, and you have to be in it for the long haul (perfect preparation for parenting, really.) However, if you start the process there will be social workers on hand to help you work through your feelings and help you understand if it is what you both want. (it must be what you both want)
    From my point of view, their are risks associated with having children - any children. There is no guarantee that your biological children will be perfect. The rewards of having children are enormous, though. Intercountry children have their own set of special needs, but overall I think it is very positive. I will keep my mouth shut until my daughter is older -but we seem to be coping with the challenges presented.
    We got Guan just before my 40th birthday and my dh was 45. We were the youngest couple in our "batch"

Barb

Hi,

Blackbird's post was excellent. The ICA route is a bit of a rollercoaster, and you have to be in it for the long haul (perfect preparation for parenting, really.) However, if you start the process there will be social workers on hand to help you work through your feelings and help you understand if it is what you both want. (it must be what you both want)
    From my point of view, their are risks associated with having children - any children. There is no guarantee that your biological children will be perfect. The rewards of having children are enormous, though. Intercountry children have their own set of special needs, but overall I think it is very positive. I will keep my mouth shut until my daughter is older -but we seem to be coping with the challenges presented.
    We got Guan just before my 40th birthday and my dh was 45. We were the youngest couple in our "batch"

Barb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12