Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Modelling

Yep, I've also found that when my DD does modelling jobs she also becomes more quiet and reserved than what she is usually (her normal character is quite outgoing and she rarely is quiet!). She's normally never shy but especially at the beginning (when she started doing catalogue modelling at age 7) she was a little hard to "warm up" to the job. Now she is used to the staff (especially at Huge Studios for Target jobs) and isn't reserved but still isn't as outgoing as she is at school. Modelling has been good for my DD because she kinda needed to calm down a little and learn to follow instructions (which she's done well because of her work)... but i agree, if a child is naturally reserved in her comfort zones of home and school then i would think twice about modelling because it does generally make the most outgoing child a little anxious at times.

Congrats Kate!

No jobs for us yet....hmmm I'm not going to hold my breath I don't think....

Min, Jack has had his first photoshoot at Huge Studios about 3 weeks ago for either a Target catalouge or big poster instore. So we will have to wait a few more weeks till we know when he will be on display!!!

I got the permit from Huge Studios too for a year..

I'll have to keep you guys informed..

Oh yeah and Jack is with Munchkins Modelling.

hmm, i am starting to think none of us are going to get anywhere with Tinlids. Every time I send an email, no reply, so I wait a week or so and send another, and strangely everytime they havent received the 1st email and they are having server problems. Plus the spiel I got about Jackson being looked into by two clients is the exact same spiel a friend of mine just got, but the client names had been changed.

I am p'd off I went with Tinlids now, I know if I had of taken the plunge and paid a bit more for the registration fee that Jackson would've had work. He is such a unique looking bugga (I know I am biased, but he really is, haha!) I am going to wait out the 12 months and go with someone else if he has had no work

Colleen Guest

i have to say that bettina arent that crash hot.

They fee is large, they dont reply to emails, and the photos they took were never updated, even when i offered professional photos out of my pocket.

After a little bit of investigation, i had 5 friends call up and take their bubs in, all were accepted, and it kinda makes me think they take them all on and make an acception every now and then to make it seem like they are picky iykwim. im looking for a new agency but im going to be much more careful, throwing away $400 isnt something i like to do.

No one i know, so far (and of course there would be an exception) has been offered work at all from Bettina, the most we got for our $400 was a newsletter every 4 or 5 months and some very poor quality photos.

angelfish Guest

I wouldn't pay anything upfront if there isn't work guaranteed. JMO.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Unfortunately you have to pay upfront and they never can guarantee work.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

As I mentioned at the start, I never get any correspondance from Tin Lids Looks like we're all in the same boat I have given up, I don't want to go back to Bubblegum even though we did get work, but it's just not worth the effort for $60-$80 a shoot!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Colleen Guest

Not ALL agencies request money up front. Some will recruit you and work on the basis that they know you will get work and they get their money that way..

Ive searched around a bit and found much of the feedback is the same.

Colleen, can you tell me any agencies that do that, I haven't found any, a system like that would be great!

LOL Colleen, I just realised who you were when I searched your posts, I thought that you might've been some lurker from a modelling agency joining and coming in here to tell us all to go to you!!!

Colleen Guest

lol nope, just waiting to get my old username back lol

I have heard of Bettina approaching people and they dont have to pay, most agencies wont let you know they do that, coz they are about to get your fees iykwim. You cant sort of ask to be put on their books for free because you werent scouted is how it works i think.

I was warned that unless I was approached its a fairly big gamble with your money. but i guess everything has an element of risk.

rmk Guest

Default TinLids and Bayside

Hi Ladies -

I'm wondering if any of you have some direct experience with both TinLids and Bayside Modelling agencies. It would be great to hear of both the positives and negatives before I pursue this for my son. This thread has been very enlightening! Thanks for your help,

RMK

Well, I'm with tinlids and have found it ok other than we have had now work! hehehe. A lot more affordable than some of the others but I suppose it doesn't matter if it's still money wasted iykwim?

Proud Mummy Guest

Hello,
    My DD is with Bayside modelling. The lady there named Kelly is fantastic, honestly, shes very friendly and proffessional. DD has only been there for 2 months and been to 1 casting.
    She has 2 kids of her own who alos do modelling, and shes been in the modelling industry herself for many years, so she has a lot of experience and connections.
    Good luck with it all

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Nope nothing here, and I need to send new photo too, thanks for putting this to remind me Kate.

Nothing for us either...

not a thing, I am actually typing an email to Tinlids now to ask her to let me know what jobs she submits Jackson for, I mean really, how do I know she is putting him forward for any?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast