Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The questions we get most often from other people about our babies...

What is it with old ladies!!!! Trish, I'd tell her that you can't take Tehya's dummy off her as her four year old brother still has one so that wouldn't be fair... Haha.

There's a particular old lady that goes to the shopping centre down the road that has a reputation among my mothers group for being a 'baby stalker'. Seriously, she'll approach anyone she sees with a baby (more than once, forgetting she's talked to them already) and offer her two cents worth. Last time she sat down while the girls were having lunch and stayed for 20 minutes!! Some of us aren't as polite anymore...

Maybe you need to ask her how much she charges for babysitting

LOL at Noah having a dummy still. Could you imagine that look?? I think I'd have "that" look if he did though.

I seem to get the does he sleep through? Is he a good baby? question all the time. I'm not sure how they're connected - if a baby wakes in the night does that make him bad? Am I bad because I'm 30 and I still don't sleep through?
    My father always asks if I'm still feeding. I think its because he's too coy to say breast LOL.
    I also get why doesn't he have a dummy about Imran (because he only likes boobs LOL) and why does he still have a dummy about Yasin (because he likes it). FIL actually tried to give Yasin's dummy to Imran.

Kirsty77 Guest

I get the 'is she a good baby!?!?!-WTF is there such a thing as a bad baby!LOL!

Is she sleeping through??--NOOOOO

Are you breast feeding??_OMG no I'm not-Am I a bad mummy now!ROFL!

Wow where did she get all that white blonde hair-Gee I don't know I thought my hair being blonde was a dead giveaway!

Is she walking yet?-As Gemma's running through big W pulling toys off the shelf!

Wow you got pregnant quickly again, don't you own a t.v?-Well actually if YOU prefer t.v over sex then perhaps your doing it wrong!

Are some people seriously dumb or what!! And I agree about innocent looking old ladies. They are dangerous!

I had to laugh at some of them girls.

Being a playgroup co-ordinater I too am guilty of asking the most stupidest questions to new mums, in the attempt to make conversation. The one that I must ask though and I hate having too is if the child's last name is the same as the mothers. As we need it for records in case we have to ring the parent about something. I do always apologise for asking it though and everyone is pretty understanding.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Well then I'd be one of the mums throwing you a dirty look!ROFL! Actually thats a question I don't get asked that often only at the doctors or something like that. People have stopped asking if Corey and I are going to get married. I used to tell them that I was just using him for sex until something better came along!Man some jaws hit the ground!PMSL!

LOL Kirsty it definitely isnt something I would ask someone in a street or shopping mall LMAO.

Love

How Old is He?
    Where does he get his blonde hair from?? (ummm his dad i hope, cos the postman is brunette)!!!

I get look at those beautiful brown eyes - its usually followed by where is his Dad from?

I get

How old is? Quickly followed by - are you sure? Zander is small & a baldy so he looks about 12months rather than 17months.

He doesn't have much hair does he? Well DUH!

When did he start walking? I think this is related to him running everywhere, but looking younger than he is IYKWIM.

We also get nice comments about his eyes & his red hair

Yup, definately the 1. Is she sleeping through?, 2. Is she on solids?, 3. Are you still breastfeeding her? (often accompanied by an incredulous look - goodness gracious, she's only 8 months), and 4. Is she a good baby?

I am fortunate though, 90% of the time there are comments about how gorgeous her eyes are, her smile or how social she is; rather than stupid questions. I don't mind the how old is she question as an icebreaker in a parent's room as long as it's not followed by 'oh my goodness, she is petite' or 'well isn't she a well fed baby'.

I honestly think that the 'good baby' questions are just small talk... a way to get you to volunteer information rather then prying questions maybe??

angelfish Guest

I used to get "is s/he good?" very frequently. It's tempting to say "no, actually, she's the epitome of evil, the spawn of Satan, no he's atrocious I think I'll trade him in"

LOL Isabel I've said it before "No actually, we are looking for a new home for her..."

I hate the "is she sleeping through?" I still get asked it and I still answer "No, and don't I look it? Do you want a sleep over?"

LMAO Christy!! At least you still have a good sense of humour?!?!

Tracey........you are a crack up
    .......Lucy you should have said your Hubby delivered Charlie & snuck a quicky in while you were still numb!!!!!
    .....I literally nearly fell off the chair when I read that!

Jeez, I would LOVE to use that and shock some of the old biddys that ask me......

Melody Guest

I get "How old is he?" followed up with "What did he weigh at birth?" (because he is strapping) Those two always go together

there are some terrible ones here
    i always get asked where T got his blonde hair from as me and jade both have brown hair ( we both had white / blonde hair as kids i even had ringlets and now my hair is straight)

alot of old nannas would commoent on how he didnt look like he had missed a meal when he was a little chubba then look at jade and comment on how skinny he was and then shoot me daggers

and also the breastfeeding one ... well i did breastfeed till he was 18/20 months and i felt good about it so nah to them
    LMAO

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast