Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The questions we get most often from other people about our babies...

Debbie Lee Guest

Trace.. I really reckon people just don't "get" breastfeeding. Even some that have BTDT don't seem to understand just how magical and amazing booby juice is! I must admit, before having Gab I didn't really think it was "appropriate" to feed past 12 months (though I never, ever would have said anything to anyone about it). It's ignorance that makes people say comments like that. What bloody business is it of theirs anyway?? Grrrr!

The comment i get often is "oh he is so cute.... When are you having another baby?" I Just smile and say "soon". I mean c'mon since when do you say "Oh we actually bd'd this morning, so maybe its on the way now!!"
    I also get "Oh he is adorable. A little girl would be so cute next..." Um yeah a girl would be nice!! Like we can choose!
    My son is half Filipino and half Aussie. He has the cute little Filo nose, with the darker features, and i am currently preg, I wonder if this baby is more aussie, could you imagine the comments i would get? Oh do they have the same father?? Yes ladies i know most of you get that too, Its gotta be frustrating!
    Have a good day,
    Jen

Just thought I would contribute to this discussion.

A couple of questions I constantly get asked in addition to the usual ones are

'How's the baby?' and I reply 'still breathing and I'm great thanks'

'Where's the baby?' (if I'm out on my own) and I reply 'At home with the dog!'

Hehe precious - whenever I'm out without DS I get the same thing... "Where's the baby?"

Arghhh!! I also get the 'Oh' of disappointment when they realize I'm not about to produce him from behind my back lmao...

I always get asked "Where did she get such blonde hair", "Wow blonde hair and brown eyes, thats different" and nearly everyone asks "Does she ever stop talking". DD is such a chatterbox and is constantly talking never, ever stops.:eek:

Well the other day I was promptly told my baby looks nothing like me.. is his father dark? He's asian, so he's not dark, but dark features.. compared to my blue eyes and light hair.

I like to think I can see a LITTLE bit of me in him somewhere! heh.

My sister was asked on Tuesday at the shops..

Lady pointing to Indah, "Is that all her own hair?"

My sister said, "no some of it is her grandmothers!!!!"

Hmmm, some people say Odd things when it comes to babies!

Ivana ~ Everyone I know swears that Em looks like Gordon! Even the people who haven't met Gordon!!! I like to think I'm in there somewhere lol. Gordon is happy about it (of course) but said if we have a girl next then he's hoping she looks like me lmao!

Ivana - I think Tallon does look a bit like you, particularly the lower part of his face, his chin and jaw line maybe? I definitely think he looks like he's your baby!

Liz, I agree with Jen Tallon does look like you too. Asian features are very dominant over our western features though. Mark's nieces and nephew are half Thai and you'd swear they were full most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by B456
    I hate when I get the raised eyebrows when asked about my labour. I DID NOT HAVE 1!!!! She came outta my sunroof and it was planned. Try explaining that to little old ladies LOL!
    ROFL

My little man is also on the cute chubby side, and i always get "Gee, He's a big boy, Is his dad big"

I reply with... YEAH, You BET!LOL!!!

*bump*

queenbee Guest

older people say to me "do you give her water?"
    others ask "is she a good baby?"

I get asked "oh are you minding him for the day?" Um,no! "He's my son!"

Toby's dad is Jamaican so needless to say he's not exactly the spitting image of me, what with my brown straight hair and blue eyes.

I used to get really offended in the beginning and used to reply with "I gave birth to him and i have the photos to prove it if you'd like to see?"

When wearing the HAB, I get asked - "Is he comfortable in that?" "Aren't you squashing him?" "Can he breathe in there?"

I am not a big believer in socks (he always pulls them off anyway ) - so I get asked "aren't his feet cold? shouldn't he be wearing socks?"

Calvin is quite big for his age, so we get asked all the time "How much does he weigh?" and "Is he crawling yet?" (the next part of the converstaion goes "don't worry, he will slim down once he gets moving" - sigh!!)

We have also have the "half-caste" comments, which are sometimes politely expressed as "what nationality is his dad?" - but once I was asked "what IS he?" *humf!*

Quote Originally Posted by EllyBoo72 View Post
    "Gee, He's a big boy, Is his dad big"

I reply with... YEAH, You BET!LOL!!!
    oh this made me giggle

Quote Originally Posted by queenbee View Post
    others ask "is she a good baby?"
    I always avoid asking that and will pull oters up for it

Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    \

I am not a big believer in socks (he always pulls them off anyway ) - so I get asked "aren't his feet cold? shouldn't he be wearing socks?"

Calvin is quite big for his age, so we get asked all the time "How much does he weigh?" and "Is he crawling yet?" (the next part of the converstaion goes "don't worry, he will slim down once he gets moving" - sigh!!)
    yup we have copped the cold feet and will lose weight comments too.. more so with our boys

At the moment all we get is.. Oh you got your girl sorry but it drives me insane..

Getting a little tired of it after nearly 9 months.. oh and my mums neighbour who is soooo creepy.. Always says with a creepy laugh.. Told ya how to get a girl.. Rub mums tummy so the penis falls off ... and he is just eewwy

I get asked "is it a boy or a girl?" which is kind of silly when she's wearing a pink dress and pink tights. I think its because she doesnt have much hair, but still, the all pink should be a bit of a give away.. in my opinion (although i think its ok to dress boys in a bit of pink too but since when do you dress a boy in a pink dress?). Lots of people just come up to me and say "how old is HE?".

I also get told "oh he/she's too young to be walking already". I tell then she's 17 months and that she's been walking for 6 months. They looked shocked. She isnt that small so not sure what the big shock is all about.

I used to get conversations with all the dears in the shopping centre all the time. It used to go something like this

"Ooh twins! "

"Gee they are small"

and the clincher for me

"Were the natural"

and then they would try and touch them- by this stage i would have steam coming out of my ears and would come back with some smart comment so they would realise how dumb they actually sounded!!!

I would say - they were triplets but i lost one whilst i was shopping, so if you see him let me know!

or they are as natural as an egg and a sperm can get!

THe classic was when i went for a coffee one day at Gloria Jeans. My twins were like 2 months old. She asked me if they wanted a bubba chino as well- i asked them if she had them in breastmilk flavour! She just gave me that dumb look!

I used to get stopped so many times when i was shopping that it became soo annoying. People would actually stand in front of my pram so i couldnt get past them! And god help me if one of them was crying, every single grey haired lady would approach me and give me advice as to why one of my babies was crying!
    Just what a first time mum with prem twins needs!

Ok Rant over

odette

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast