Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you consider..

Tegan do the kids go to day care at all? I someone mentioned earlier that often day care workers do babysit, i think its a great suggestion Just ask them, they'll either say yes or no!

No they don't go to daycare. It costs like $50 a day which we don't have.

Might try the nanny thing for an hour, thanks danni. Wonder if i should get those security camera thingys?

how about other friends with kids? You could do a swap?? Or even ask around other friends if they have a regular babysitter they could recommend??

In the end if your comfortable with a nanny service go for it, i don't mean to scare anyone off the idea with my opinions

It was me that mentioned day care workers. Your child doesn't need to attend, you could ask at a local centre if any of the workers do babysitting also. At Jack's centre nearly every carer does sitting. We used Jack's carer one night. She was brilliant and only charged $12 / hour which seemed reasonable for a qualified, experienced carer. It was a huge bonus for me that I also knew her quite well and Jack also knows and loves her so was happy to stay with her. But even if you don't know the carer before hand, you might feel more comfortable with a day care worker rather than an agency sitter.

DH and I also need to get out together occaissonally in order to maintain our relationship and I think this is vitally important. I totally understand where you are coming from Tegan, and I recommend you get a sitter and go out. It will do you the world of good, and happy parents make for happy kids. Good luck sweetie.

Still discussing this with DH. He still doesn't really like the idea either.

Unfortunatly we have no friends with children. Actually we really don't have any friends around here. Most of mine just go out and get drunk(typical 20yo) and all Dh's are up in QLD.

Might have a ring around tomorrow and see.

Tegan, I know where you're coming from. Sometimes for our children's sake we need to make ourselves a priority. Your children will benefit from having parents who are happy and united and in order to achieve this you have to put yourself first every now and then.
    I think that Christy's idea of asking your MCHN for a recomendation is fantastic.

It is hard I completely understand.

We are now just realising how hard it is for things like Parent teacher interviews and so fourth where we have to decide which parent goes rather than both.

I have a few friends who do offer and I do take them up on it occasionally but I don't want to wear out my welcome iykwim

My other issue is we really can't afford to pay someone either so its rock and hard place.

*hugs*
    Cailin

DH and I had to do some pre-marital couselling before our church pastor agreed to marry us and one of the things we learned, and we both agree with it, is that you need some time together as a couple.

So we have a weekly date night. At the moment it's lucky that DD is so little, we generally go to a restaurant, pop her in the pram, and she falls asleep. I'm lucky that I have my parents around to babysit if I need them to as I don't feel comfortable leaving my baby with a stranger.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, don't feel guilty for wanting some time out with your DH. Follow the suggestions some of these lovely ladies have give you, find a carer you can trust and go out, even if it's just a couple of hours at a time.

NewmumLou Guest

Sorry i wouldnt - i really dont like the idea of a stranger coming into my home by themselves and looking after JOsh. But i guess i have lots of family and people that live near me that could babysit, so it is hard for me to imagine what i would do in your situation. I think you do need quality time with your DH and it is so important. At the end of the day just find out everything you can about this person before you say yes!

Im sorry and know you need time but NO WAY. Not after watching a program on tv before I had DS and it was on baby sitters hurting and shaking the babies they were caring for. They showed on ladies little girl being shaked and dropped on the floor at the age of 6 months and after seeing that there is no way I would leave my kids in the hands of a stranger.

Im sorry its got to be hard for you but I would really think about it as you only have to leave them with one bad baby sitter.

Caro, that would be a good idea i suppose. Except our 2yo refuses to sleep until 9:30pm. but i spose we could do it after then.

To be honest I wouldnt do it! But that is me, I'm too OTT protective of my DS...I find it hard enough even the thought of mum having him

Its so unfair, when you dont have the support you need to have a night out that you deserve.

I hope you find a way.

Personally I probably wouldn't, but then again I have never had to consider it. I'm definately blessed with family nearby and close friends who I would trust Maddy to their care.

The dressed-up night-in sounds like a good idea. Do you have a baby monitor? Maybe you could set up a table outside on your verandah with candle light and have the baby monitor nearby so you can hear what the kids are up to? Have your favourite home-delivery takeaway arrive at your house.

Beck im the same have heaps of family.

Tegan do you have any friends that could baby sit

My Best friend moved to Melbourne to be with her now-DH. She does not have any family members there and limited friends to rely on. She was completing her Masters degree and was finding it very difficult to juggle her few-month-old son and study. So she looked into the baby sitters from a local company. She felt more secure as she was in the house for the first few times while the sitter was downstairs with her son. She trialed a few different girls to see which suited her and her sons needs the most and is now very comfortable to call on one of 3 girls whenever she needs. These girls were fabulous in that if her son went to sleep they would seek out any cleaning duties that needed to be done - eg ironing, mopping floors. My friend never expected that but they always offered

Tegan do you go to a gym with a creche??? (I just remember reading that you have been going to the gym lately?)

Have you considered asking one of the creche workers there if they do babysitting on the side?

I once got the number of one of the workers at our gym creche (such a lovely girl) who did babysitting on the side - usually for gym members kids.
    I never needed to call her, but kept her number JIC. It would have been a huge bonus that I knew her, and Aidyn was very comfortable with her too.

We were in Brisbane for DH's Christmas party and we didn't find out till too late that children weren't welcome. I didn't want to leave Stewart with anybody but we really wanted to go to the party and we were already in Qld. We rang around a few places and asked heaps of questions and ended up going with an agency-'Dial an Angel' . They were very open to answering all of my questions and we ended up having a great time and the lady that looked after Stewart was very nice. I wouldn't have done it before that situation but I was really happy with the service and would do it again. I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone because now Im not afraid to spend time with DH on our own.

hehe I couldn't imagine trying to pitch the woo with my aunt in the next room - I'd get the giggles and worry about what she could hear rofl.
    I have another idea - maybe you could find a good occasiional care center and have a day time date. You could drop the kids off then go out for breakfast and a movie or have a picnic in the park or whatever takes your fancy and enjoy a siesta

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast