123 ...

thread: Which 2-month vaccinations did you get?

Mar 2007

Which 2-month vaccinations did you get?

I don't really like the idea of vaccinations. Injecting all these things into my little baby BUT I know there are some that it is wise to get, e.g. whooping cough at the moment I think is a good idea. I need to do some research (and fast, lol) and wanted your opinions too!

So, which vaccinations did you get at 2 months and why?
    Which didn't you get and why?
    Did you delay any until later? and when?

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

I got everything that was on the immunisation schedule.
    I did think long and hard about the MMR one though, did lots of research, got the RCH to sined me out some things as well.
    This time around I will probably do the same but will very likely get the Hep B injection that they do at birth delayed til 1 or 2 months.

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Ever so slowly going crazy...

I have done none for Harmony.

She is in no risk group, and in this epidemic, majority of people who have it are immunised, so didn't want all those chemicals in her for no reason. Thats just our choice.
    I will consider vac later on, when her tiny body can handle all those poisons better. But for a b'fed koala baby, there was no need.

Oct 2008

We got everything done for our DS (plus a few that are not offered to the general population) as he was in hospital with heart and other surgeries for the first four months. He was/is obviously a high risk baby so need all the protection he could get.

I am preg again and this time I am going to look into all the diseases that we are offered vaccinations for and see if I would want my baby to get them or not. Ie chicken pox was too much of a risk to my DS's life but that now means that we have to do boosters later. So if this baby is healthy (please God) then maybe chicken pox will be ok to leave off the list.

But with most of them we will definately be getting bubs immunized. To me its just not worth the risk of the disease.

Its a big decision though and good on you for making the effort to figure out what is important for your bub.

Jul 2006

I got them all....only cos our surgery has all of them in one needle (except 1 which is seperate but one i feel is needed). Roto virus id always have...its oral and i say its helped DD2 avoid the gastro bug alot. DD1 gets it bad but DD2 seems to avoid nasty cases of it.

Jul 2008
    summer street

I got them all. Your MCHN should run through the scheduled ones and tell you what the diseases are etc. You can pick and choose which one your DD receives if you like...There are two needles and then the rotavirus orally. My DD was fine...just a little bit sleepy the next day.

Good luck making the decision!

Mar 2007

I got them all too. They were all combined in two needles and one oral dose for Rotavirus. (whooping cough).

I don't like the idea of my little girl getting all those things into her little tiny body either but I weigh out the risks and I feel that the risks involved in
    getting the immunisations are very small compared to what could happen if she got sick with one of those viruses/illnesses.... and the complications that can occur with those illnesses.

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2006

We didn't get the rotavirus vaccine. For us, I didn't think that was neccessary as I don't believe she is at significant risk of being exposed the virus (doesn't go to cc, or in contact with a lot of kids etc). Plus I do find it odd that it can only be given at a certain age, what makes it safe then and not when they are older?!

I'm sure whatever choice you make it will work out being the right one for her x

Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

Jan 2005
    Funky Town, Vic

None - but I also made the choice to limit contact in public places and with other children for the 1st year for both of them.

xoxoxo

Nov 2006
    Somewhere Over The Rainbow

you sound exactly like me a little while ago

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...vaccs-but.html

we have decided not to go ahead with anything - we will review when she is 2

Mar 2007

Thankyou for your opinions everyone!! It's such a hard decision to make. So far she hasn't had anything. She hasn't had Hep B and won't be getting it, she's not at risk. She just had the vit K orally.

Mar 2007

Well well well... DH was wanting to get DD vaccinated, he didn't really know much about it and he always trusts doctors and doesn't believe there could be anything wrong with vaccinations bc 'everyone does it' 'Drs wouldn't tell you too if it wasn't safe' etc etc. So bc he wouldn't just take it from me that it was a bad idea I told him he had to research it himself and tell me what he'd found. So I just got an email from him saying he doesn't think we should get DD 'immunised' bc he can't see any benefit and there's too many risks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we should get her immunised.... I'll talk to you later about it, but there is no point from what I can see. All risk for no pay off.
    I can't believe it!! For my DH to say that then there really must be lots of bad points about vaccination.

I have been feeling sick about it all day, thinking I have to make a decision. It's so hard. Esp when you see shows like that stupid Sunday night show last night. I know it was a stupid biased story on vaccination but still the video of that little baby with whooping cough made me cry and I can't get it out of my head

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007

Hon, I cried for those babies too... but I still wont do it.

The part about Sunday night that annoyed me the most was the doctor saying that Vac's are 100% safe. And they ARE NOT. And that is a fact. There is a risk with every single one of them. And the doctors do know that. It is our choice to weigh up those risks, and to not tell the public about these risks is just disgusting.

And there is no point the doctor jumping on the "unvac'd kids are hurting the Vac'd kids"
    bandwagon either.That is just stupid. Unless we stop anyone ever leaving or re-entering the country, these dieseases will be bought here, but they aren't here due to my un vac'd daughter!! Its people not staying HOME when they are sick, or taking precautions, that spread disease, vac and unvac alike.

Good luck with your choice, it is a very hard one babe!!

Mar 2007

And also them saying they're 100% effective!! Not true!!

Thanks PB!

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007

Actually they are far from 100% effective.

Do you know how the little bubba got whooping cough??

It sooo annoys me that sick people hang around babies!! Even if you dont know that you have it, the first symptoms are cold and flu like, so you do know that are sick in some way, and you have to be in constant contact for hours to catch it.

My girlfriend just travelled here to see me and the kids, and she was sick. I was so damn cranky. She could of come later! I wouldn't let her and her 4 kids come here, we met them in the park and she had to go get accomodation.

But what sort of parent would I be to let a sick family into my house?? My family, my choice!!!

eta.. I disticntly remember wearing a face mask for every breastfeed for about a week when my first born was little and I had a cold!!! My Ilws just came back from Japan, and everyone with a sniffle wears a face mask in public!!

Mar 2007

Do you know how the little bubba got whooping cough??
    Nope??

OMG how rude of ur friend!!

Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

Jan 2005
    Funky Town, Vic

The baby would have been exposed by anyone she came in contact with. Hence my decision to limit 'public' contact for at least 12 months, like someone said, shopping centres and babies in strollers just don't mix.

Mar 2007

SJ,
    How I see it, is there are risks involved in getting your DD immunised and risks involved in not getting your DD immunised.... it's a hard decision weighing up those risks involved either side.

123 ...