Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Hammocks

How long can you use them?

Amby's hammock is up to 20kg - considering Zander is 17months and he's only just 12kg I'd say a long time!! Although we only used it until about 6-7 months when he got cranky because he couldn't roll over!

Yep, we love our Amby hammock, too!

I was also wondering how long people had kept their babies in the hammock for. I know they say until 18 months but I thought that the baby may feel a bit restricted in there by that age? Perhaps it would depend on the baby....

Clarrie is 7.5 months and still quite happy in it. Julie.

Yep as I said, Zander got a bit cranky that he couldn't roll over in it so we took him out, but we would have kept him there as long as he wanted otherwise.

Thanks Sarah. Somehow I missed your post!

Olivia was (and still is!) a tiny titch, and she was in it until 11 months. We could have kept her in it for a lot longer, but she wasn't rolling or anything (too busy talking) so we got her transitioned to a cot to encourage her gross motor skills.

Charlie stayed in his until 9 months. To be honest, he probably should have come out earlier (he is a big boy and like Zander, was getting cranky in it as he was so keen to move!) but I stretched it a bit due to an overseas trip (a hammock being SO much more portable than a portacot..)

lol on Olivia being too busy talking, Lucy!

Yasin was in it until 10 months. At 6 months he suddenly started to bounce himself really hard for a laugh and we thought about moving him out but then we decided to get an extra spring so he couldn't bounce himself so hard.

lol on Olivia being too busy talking, Lucy!
    Its true, I swear, she was so busy with 2 word sentances at 10 months & full on conversations by 12 months, that she didn't walk till she was 19 months.........to be honest, for a while, I was a tad paranoid that the hammock had stinted her in some way.

Then I had Charlie. Disproved the theory totally...........LOL!

These hammocks sound great, where do you buy them from? and how much do they cost? i would love to get one for this bub

hi Naomi,

We have an Amby, but there are others as well. If you do a search for Amby hammocks you'll find the web site and we just ordered ours online. The whole set is $265 but I also noticed that at the moment they have a special that you also get the sleeping bag thrown in. Delivery is extra. Luckily for us Grandma bought it (first grandchild!).

Mine is an Amby Natures Nest too........do a Google......they are great value for money at $265 as they combine a basinette (but last your baby longer) and a portacot.......

You can also hire them (to maybe trial one?) very cheaply, or Ebay usually have them too..........

Thanks ladies, your a great help

Cee_Cee99 Guest

babyhire has them for $150 for 6 months I think...but I think it would be better to buy one - i have not heard a single bad thing about them..

OOOh, makes me excited for my next one!!!!

Lucy Maddy was talking sentences by her first birthday too, long full on conversations etc... But walked at 10 months & rolled at about 11wks & crawled earlyu too... Miss Indah babbles in unrecognisable messages, only really says Mum, Dad, Puppy & other stuff but I have no idea what it is & then she yells at me coz I dont know... & crawls, walks holding on to furniture, but is no way near anything like Maddy (other than looks really!)...

Chalk & cheese these 2 it's hilarious, Indah's only much earlier in tantrums, stubborness & bossiness!!! hee hee

It is weird isn't it, how they can be SO different......Charlie sounds the same as Indah......chunters and moves, but I have no idea what he is on about.....he is too busy cruising to stop and "explain"!

Love the new snap of Indah BTW.....she is EDIBLE......

UI amazed at their difference & temper, wooo hooo... I dont mind I think it's funny they are so different & have their own personalities already!!! I can see Indah is gonna rule Maddy already, poor maddy will just do whatever to keep the peace!!!

You just gotta love em to pieces!!!

She's wearing her Sarah H t-shirt!!! Suits the little ratbag to a T!

Olivia, has the most beautiful hair & Charlie has such a button nose..... Too cute!!!!

Ooooooooooo that reminds me......Sarah has some new "RedHead" t-shirts.........I AM OFF SHOPPING!!

Charlie is ME all over.....button nose, short fat legs, but busy.........LOL!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast