Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HypnoBirthing

hey michelle

I teach a form of hypnobirthing (BirthSkills) and also used it for my second labor and birth...and it was amazing

you can find Jay's story here

I am happy to answer any questions for you

but you can also find many answers in this thread

xx

Hi Michelle

with my first son , I used really intense imagery that helped me get through the labour, afterwards i heard of hypno birthing and realised that was sort of what I'd been doing!!I used imagery of each contraction was a wave rolling in....then rolling out as the pain went away. I also imagined a flower opening up (hoping that was what I was doing!) and slow breathing.

I also tried to embrace each contraction as another step closer to meeting my baby and thinking "yes" and accepting the contraction rather than fighting it and trying to keep it away (kind of hard to explain)..it all worked perfectly after about 10 hours he was born naturally no drugs (a bit of gas towards the end), even though he was posterior and the pushing took about 2 hours

RE: fear in birthing, I used each contraction as a reminder my body was doing what it was supposed to and tried to remain "open" and relaxed to let nature do it;s thing...as well as listening to and breathing along with the rythym of a Jeff Buckley CD so intensely that I yelled if DH forget to press play when it ended non stop for about 6 hours!!!

best of luck, hope it all goes well for you

Dear waterlily,l

thanks for sharing your story. I love hearing positive birth stories.

Mich

Hi it's me again,

More questions. I am having trouble finging a hypnobirthing/calmbirth course in the Newcastle area. I have emailed Susan Dalby and two calmbirth instructors in the area and all the emails were returned - I double checked email address and didn't make a mistake.

Can anyone help with details of practitioners in Newcastle?

Also Susan Dalby (psychologist) uses the (R) sign after her info on hypnobirthing so does this mean she is qualified in hypnobirthing. I haven't seen her name mentioned on any other australian hypnobirthing sites.

Thank,

Michelle

Hi Michelle

Im not in Newcastle

but the BirthSkills program has distance education packages

x

thanks blue daisy,

I will check it out!

Mich

Question

I would love to try hypnobirthing for the birth of my third child and I was just wondering if there are any good books or websites that can be recommended?

Thanks

if you click on my signature link it will take you through to my web page, and I have info about HypnoBirthing

Natalie - have you heard anything about the hypnobirthing class that is run in beachmere in Queensland? Just want to make sure its legit before I sign up for it!!!! Just after your expert opinion of course!!!

thanks

no I have not

i would be very cautious of any course that advocates you will feel no pain in labor, as this is something only attainable by a very small percentage of the population

your on a winner if the practitioner is also a childbirth educator and had experienced birth (personally or professionally)

x

Smile

I just went to Borders and bought the book HypnoBirthing, The Mongan Method
    I might start reading it tonight.

Natalie - on their website it just says using it to eliminate fear of pain in labour, eliminates fatigue during labour, reduces the need for painkillers during labour. It says she is from the childbirth education centre?
    It seems to be pretty legit.. it says she is a certified practitioner for teaching the mongan method?

just had a peek at the website

it looks great!

let me know how it goes

Will do. Thanks heaps Natalie. You're a star

Mama Haas Guest

Default HypnoBirthing

Hello ladies. I am new on here... preggers with my first babe and finishing up HypnoBirthing classes. I know it sort of goes against the whole thing, but I am all of a sudden very afraid. The whole concept makes perfect sense to me and I agree with it all, so I dont know where this is coming from other then people who love to tell you their horror stories about birth (I work at an OB's office :doctor. We are meeting with our teacher today for a fear-release session since we are due in only 15 days! My question is this: how often and much did you practice your breathing and cds, alone or with your hubby/coach? I am wondering if I am doing it enough. We dont do the scripts much since it is all on my cds, but my big fear right now is that I wont be able to 'go deep' enough or stay that way during labour. Any advice from someone who has actually birthed using it is GREATLY appreciated! Have a wonderful day,
    Michele

hi Michele

I practiced my hypnobirthing cd's daily and also repeated my affirmation (i will birth my baby smoothly and easily) whenever I felt fearful

as you practice you are training your subconcious to relax and let go, reducing any concious anxieties

I did not have my cd's playing in labor, but had no problem what so ever relaxing and as labor progressed and the surges became more intense the more relaxed I became. I was still very concious of the surges and I was very vocal, but as soon as the surge finished I without concious thought went very deeply again into relaxation

remember that birth is a natural and intuituve process and your body knows what to do

hope this helps

x

Mama Haas Guest

Smile

Yes! That totally helps me. Thank you so much for your reply I went to my release session and it was wonderful. She had me lie down on the couch and get comphy with pillows, then took me thru a relaxation. Had me start with my breath, focus on certain body parts and then took me (in my own head) on a walk thru a beautiful garden and add details to it I wanted. Then walked me to a creek where everything was gorgeous. Wind in the trees, sunshine, blue skies and smooth pebbles at my feet, etc.... for the letting go part, she had me invision leaves coming down the flow to me so I could place each concern on it, then watch it float away, never to return to bother me again. She did affirmations also, which I loved I feel so much better! Thank you thank you so very much, I will keep you all posted as to how it goes.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567