Cai - I'm with you on accepting the inevitable, and doing the very best you can. I just didn't want Deb to think of an emergency c/s as a way out liek you describe.
Hell - my labour in a few weeks could end in a c/s, and I just have to accept that things happen for a reason, and while I wouldn't be at all happy, it would just be something in life to accept and deal with. But I dont think its healthy to go into something thinking that there is always the way out if its too hard.
Cause Deb can do this, and I believe she has the strength to get through a VBAC, and whatever she decides to do is the right decision for her.

Sit and mull it over for a few weeks Deb, and have a chat at your next appt. Thats what I've done this time too, just sat and contemplated stuff, and brought it up at the next appt. I'm now pretty much at peace with all my baggage, but its taken a long time to get there, and I have to say the inevitability of the impending labour is certainly part of the process!!