Wow! This really touches a nerve.....

I had to say education firstly.....if I knew then what I know now, I would have definitely stuck it out! Nobody told me that c-sections can delay your milk coming in.....I didn't know it can take up to 6 weeks to get successfully established.....no-one I knew was b/f so didn't have anyone to ask about it beforehand.....DD was born on a Sunday and I stuck it out 'til Friday then packed it in. Hubby was supportive of me either way, didn't try to influence me. I had the L/C in to visit, midwives trying to help, pumping away merrily......

Having said that, the nurses in my ward had a policy of not showing you how to make up bottles if you were trying to get b/f established. It was only after I made my final decision that they took me along and showed me what I needed to do, so didn't feel any pressure from that angle.

With a bit of experience behind me, and a WEALTH of knowledge now, I'm definitely going to give it a go if I'm lucky enough again.....

As for "artificial milk"? If it wasn't available, there sure would be some hungry babies and suicidal mummies around......not everyone gives up because it's "easier'.