I got help and plenty of it, but it didn't fix my problem. I think some mothers are just better able to BF than others and no amount of help for some is going to change that I'm afraid.

I think if a child is going to be prone to illness, my opinion is that whether they are FF or BF, it makes little difference.

My first daughter was FF from 2 weeks and never gets sick (well, maybe a mild sniffle once a year) and some of her BF'd counterparts seem to always have something wrong. My second daughter had a bit of a sniffle a week or so ago, and my friend's daughter (who is the same age and BF'd) has had a cold three times now, the latest with a horrible cough.

I think I still have feelings of guilt because of my inability to BF for a decent amount of time, and I do question the statements about FF babies being more prone to illness as my babies are proof that that's not necessarily true. It's statements like those that make me feel bad.

I do agree though, that BFing gives you more "closeness" with baby as they are literally squished up against you while BFing, whereas with FF, it's not quite the same.