Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Birth plans for c-sections

Thanks very much to all of your replies.

The last Ob I spoke to said baby can not come with the mothers into recovery. (so i think that is a policy...but there is no harm in trying?)

I wont be able to change hospitals nor hire a private midwife.

I understand if my preferences cannot go to plan, but can't blame a hormonal pregnant woman for trying!

Thanks very much for all these ideas...and Cailin I would stil love a copy if you have time

~Jane~ Guest

Nope its not bad I remember once I had tumy surgery and consequently couldnt pee afterwards (as sometimes can happen) and had to have a cath put in - with NO sedation, numbing etc and that was the days that they didnt have this u beaut pump to do it with...
    same, they are not too bad Danni. One of those things that sound much worse than they actually are.

Sorry Danni it's been one of those days. I'll try and get it to you once the kids are in bed.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Here ya go it was on BB all the time

Here

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks very much, B456. You have given me a lot to think about. In particular your statement about refusing to go to recovery without baby. I think this is the aspect of a CS that I feel most strongly about.

B456, can i ask a question, and please if you don't want to answer it thats cool, but how come you chose not to breast feed directly and to change the baby to formula when you're home??
    I'm just interested in your reasons

Brooke: that was a massive help!

I will lower the screen because I want to see that first millisecond of his miracle life beginning and hope DH or someone can capture that on VC for me.
    I will make sure not to look into that light!

Great idea about the pethidine too as I want Junior to be a champion bfeeder. Does morphine have a similar effect?

I think all of the narcotic drugs have that effect. There is another drug they use to counter it when the baby is born.

That was the reason I flat out refused to have pethedine/narcotic drugs for my labour.

I had morphine &it just made me vomit anyway. what are the alternatives?

Ok another question please Brooke

How come you prefer staples over stitches? Obviously i have NO idea...but thinking about staples scare me much more than stitches!

B456 - I noticed that you are having a c-section at 40wks. Just wondering what happens if you go into labour before that date?

B456 has already had her baby

Kirsty77 Guest

Staples are alot better. I healed so well with the staples. They are not as bad as they sound.

I had disolvable stitches. Was fantastic. i don't have the railtrack look that some scars can get and din't have to have anyone go near my wound when it was still tender. Dr did and awesome job on my smilie

I had the superglue instead of stitches or staples. It kind of freaked me out because I was worried that it would pop but one year on it's a really faint, thin scar.

superglue? omg the options are endless!

The sound of staples is scaring the HELL outta me...I just imagine an actual stapler...hehe

Ok Ill stop now. I have a HUGE list of questions to ask at my preparation appointment next Wednesday. I will update with all the answers then...and write my birth plan depending on the answers

Danni, I had staples too, they aren't really big, they're quite tiny. I only had one that hurt when it came out, but that was because of they way they put it in according to the visiting midwife.

Nic

Danni, I also had the superglue, wonderful stuff that!!! nobody had to go near my scar and was able to heal on its own, i have a different OB this time and i wonder if he uses the glue, i really hope so!!! I know the sound of "staples" sounds a bit scary to me too!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast