My CS was because DS decided to be transverse and not move, and I have a very wonky pelvis. I was rather cross, since I have had a lot of surgery, and know that surgery for me = nerve damage and scarring problems.
I ended up reconciling it somewhat by considering it a non-trivial part of the price of having a baby - like the IVF fees and other prices that we paid.
The actual CS was really well done, with a straightforward recovery. I think that is one advantage of the scheduled CS - everything is calm, and people have time to explain to you what will happen next. My ob was terrific during the CS and time afterwards, though he wasn't very understanding of my annoyance at having to have it. So if you need a recommendation PM me.
But DS is 3 and the scar is still sore - as expected...
Bookmarks