thread: Do you still have 'the hang'?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Add Purple Penguin on Facebook

    Apr 2009
    Eastern Melbourne, Vic
    1,105

    Nearly 5 years later i've still got it... don't know if it will ever go...

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2006
    Melbourne
    4,895

    Yes I do, but my tummy always had a slight hang prior to falling pg. My DD is nearly 3 yo.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Dec 2006
    In the Angelic Realm
    1,675

    Leash, i've had it for 8 years. I've had 2 c/s which i don't regret one little bit, but i hate the "apron". I dont think it ever goes away unless you have it surgically removed. I lost about 15 kgs and the hang was still there, it isn't fat, it is excess skin.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Nov 2004
    Melbourne VIC
    1,733

    Still have mine too. Even though I weigh about 5kg less than when I got pregnant, my stomach looks bigger than it did before because of that lovely over hang bit!
    Have just started at the gym and trying hard to get it under control... I can feel it jiggle when I'm exercising!! lol Not a nice feeling

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere
    9,362

    Yep me too.
    Though saying that all the skin is very loose and I don't know that it actually has anything to do with the scars that are there or if it would still be there if not.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Vic
    337

    i didnt notice it much with my first child who was delivered by c-sect, but after the 2nd (9yrs ago) it was there and has been ever since. I found that if i lost weight, it shrunk, but it became more wrinkly because the skin was so stretched during pregnancy. After my 3rd (4yrs ago) it was worse but that may have been because i never really bothered with exersizes to get rid of it.

    Is it really only c-sect's that cause the overhang? What changes occur with a normal delivery tummy?

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Dec 2008
    8,986

    I didn't have a c/s and I have the overhang. I hate it.

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Vic
    337

    I didn't have a c/s and I have the overhang. I hate it.
    thats good to know lol

    Im pretty sure its the result of the skin being overstretched....its like blowing up a balloon then letting out the air. The balloon is never as firm.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Follow Pandora On Twitter

    Jan 2005
    cowtown
    8,276

    Maz has a word for this, but I prefer 'apron'

    It comes down to skin elasticity as much as anything else.
    I had it before having kids because Id lost a large amount of weight and have not very elastic skin.