Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My reasons for elective cesarean section;

Kirsty77 Guest

We sound very similar Brooke. I'm a planner by nature. Oh and I highly recommend having the spinal. Morphine is pure bliss!LOL!

Goodluck for today Julie, you have to let us know how you get on.

Julie,
    I hope you have bubs in your arms now
    Bec

Good Luck Julie.. I hope you are enjoying your baby girl right now

Sorry you got such bad treatment the first time round ((hugs))

Ally

Thank you for starting this thread.

I am lucky that only my IL have reacted to the elective c/s thing but in real terms with #1 I didnt have a choice, it ended up being an emergency c/s under GA. #2 I decided that I would try VBAC but my OB declared that bubs was going to be too big so just under 37w, I had another c/s with spinal, it was amazing. Bubs was only 7lbs 5 ozs. I changed OBs for bubs #3, and decided from the very start that I would go with what I knew. My OB never questioned my reasons, but as I had a sick father, 2 other daughters to care for, I thought a pre-planned date would be best for me and my family.

It didnt work out that way though! My waters broke at 34w, and I ended up having a c/s very early, bubs was small and transferred to a NICU at another hospital so I saw her for 2 minutes in her first 3 days of life. I didnt hold her until she was over 3 days old and it was very scary for all of us. Thankfully Hayley is fine now and I never regretted the c/s. I know that if I should ever have another child a c/s is the choice from the start.

I dont let anyone tell me that I have made the wrong decision, MIL has tried but I know I did what was right for me and my family.

Hi Julie...Sorry I didnt see your post earlier to wish you all the best for you birth....I hope everything went well for you

Dinky...Thanks for sharing your story...Its nice to see pple coming in to talk about this subject. Scary that bubs came early, but I am so glad things turned out for you and baby in the end. Thanks again xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12