Dunno if this is going to apply to u but after u have a c-section they usually put morphine in your drip to kill the pain. This works great guns however some people like myself start to itch like crazy especially around the neck, face, lips, hands pretty much everywhere. Once it wears off u are left with very very very dry flakey red skin. I was lucky enough to get my hands on some vasaline in the hospital and I spread that on one day there just before having a nap. When I woke up I gave my baby a feed and went up to the baby bath section and bathed my baby, then went into the kitchen area and made a cup of tea. The whole time people were looking at me but I didnt take much notice until I caught a glimps of myself in the mirror. There was dead skin everywhere on my face just kinda hanging there. It looked discusting. I had to wet a face washer and scrub my face to peel it off. Was all good after that but if u put something on your face to help with the dryness make sure u look at yourself before going out in public again just incase u have giant pieces of skin hanging off your face. Again this is only my reaction to the morphine and this may not happen at all to u.
Good luck with everything and make sure u take all the pain meds they offer u cos its much better if u keep up with the pain if u know what i mean and the granny pants are definately the best things (and blacks the best colour so u have done well there anyways).




Reply With Quote
Bookmarks