Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How old were you when you got your first AF?

About 12, in grade 6, totally unprepared. Thought I had hurt myself on the swing set At least it was at home.

I was 12. and not too impressed about it either. i think it was october too!

Oh Bath, you poor thing

I was 12, entering year 7.

I got mine exactly 2 months after my 13th birthday.Thankfully for me i was at home at the time.I remember my mum taking me to the corner chemist & buying me these huge surfboard type pads

I was 11 and so was my daughter

I was 12 in grade 6. I knew exactly what it was after my mum embaressed my older sister and told everyone (you could see the look on her face). So I didnt tell my mum for about 2 years and after being sick of hiding it just dumped my undies on the floor for her to find. I wont be doing that to my DD. My mum still thinks I was a late starter...ooops

I think I was 14. I remember it was April but not 100% if it was yr 9 or 10. I am pretty sure it was yr 10 though. So would have been about 3 months before my 15th birthday. The only reason I can remember for sure is it doesn't seem right that I was sexually active so soon after if I was in yr 10 when I got them....
    I remeber the day clearly though. I was in the last class of the day & felt "wet" so I asked to go to the toilet & my heart just sank when I sat down on the loo. Even worse was I happened to go into a toilet with NO TOILET PAPER!!!! I managed to scoot to the next toilet that did have paper & cleaned up as much as I could & left a wad of paper in my nickers. Then when I got home Mum wasn't home only my step dad. I use to get "Dolly" & "Girlfriend" mags & I had one that came with a free pad so I grabbed that & went & cleaned up. I just threw my undies in the bin.
    WHen my mum came home I burst into tears & begged that she didn't tell my grandma. For months after mum would talk openly about her AF & ask if I had mine also. Also offered to show me how to use tampons, by which I was so mortified I just said NO WAY. Going shopping with her I use to avoid that aisle because I was so embarresed when she would ask if i needed anything. She use to ask if I needed any Doodads LOL. Both my older sisters didn't share this time with mum so I got to have all the attention mum was just waitin gto share with her daughters x3.

I hope I can mae my DD's feel comfortable enough about it that its not such a big deal when it happens.

LOL I just remembered too, i use to wish for big boobs but without gettin gmy period. LOL

I was in year 8 but I think it was at the beginning so I would have been 12. I was staying over at a friends house and I woke up and went to the toilet and there was all this brown stuff on my undies, I was thinking what the hell happened!! Did I have an accident in my sleep? rofl. So I just changed my undies and didn't think any more of it. Then I went to the toilet later and it was there again and I finally realised. I rang my mum and she asked if I wanted to come home and I said no it's ok pick me up later. Luckily my friend had gotten hers a couple of months earlier so she had stuff for me to use.

I was 12 and found the whole thing very embarrasing. I use to fold and then wrap my pads in foil incase...if it fell out of my bag or pocket it would look like food and not a pad. (my mum bought a bulk pack of unwrapped stayfree pads) mind u, i went to an all girls school...!

Mez80, thats a good idea!

i first got mine when i was 11 years old. i was the same got boobs very early it was very imbarrasing at the time

Mine was just after I turned 13.

It was the first day of year 7 for me - of all the days to cope with crippling pain and nausea!!! Mum had prepared me from about grade 5 though.

Not sure if i believe the thing about being sporty delaying getting it thou, at this stage of my life i was runing 3.5km/day in training and also had a horse that i rode, think i may have still been doing swimming squad once a week at that stage too and duringthe summer months i waterskied most weekends so was extremely active... also had to learn how to use tampons straight away because of this!!!

11yrs old for me and still in primary school, year 7. As for boobs still waiting and I am now almost 32 LOL

Love

i was 12 and in year 7

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolady View Post
    11yrs old for me and still in primary school, year 7. As for boobs still waiting and I am now almost 32 LOL

Love
    PSML! Yep I didn't get boobs till I had kids.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

I didnt get boobs till i was 16/17, was always worried that i was going to be stuck with little bumps lol. But then i started filling out a bit more when i started to put on a bit more weight.

i was lucky. I was 12 about to start high school and it was christmas holidays, on the loo at home.
    Had a bra for at least 12 months before that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast