Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Cloth Nappies #171.

oh no, just realised that the washing liquid I use has optical brighteners in it too - use to use Amolin so might give that a go again.

In regards to the bicarb thing - do you use that for your clothes as well? or just nappies?

what does everyone clean out their nappy buckets with?

Mel - hugs hon!

Marlene - fluffy mail vibes your way! Wish I had some coming!

WOHB - orange IB

No fluff here but i did layby something else... thank god for layby i still get a fluff fix... LOl... Luv ya Mel...

have my eye on something spec i hop i get it this time... missed out last time... had it in my cart but missed out...

WOTB- fkat and Big W cover... nothing is dry... need more covers for times like this and using flats... ...

Morning all

Well someone has just decided to take off their dirty nappy and wave it over their head whilst running around the house...mmmm lovely.

Nana- lol at the backwards nappy - Charlotte is a bit like that at the moment...takes the length of the house or a lot of carry on to change her!

s mel!

Marlene - when is Jack's party?

Kellie -nappy bucket - hot water and tea tree, lavender or eucalyptus oil. I do use Glen 20 on the outside of the bucket between washes sometimes though, cos she like to carry it around the house and play with lol

WOHB: one of those lou lous lol

Gigi - you beauty! Going to check whizz kidz out now...but...OMG!!! I won't be home tomorrow....GRRRRR! Wonder if my friend will let me jump on her PC while I'm there....

Mel -

Just wanted to let you guys know the baby legs are sooooooo awesome!! He had his full cast put on yesterday, up to his hip , and the physio told me to put a 'sock or something' over it when I could to stop it slipping while he was trying to get around - they're perfect!! Little man is doing OK considering, today has been a bit rough but to be expected while he gets used to his cast I think.

willow - the whizz kids are live now hun! have fun!

No more spending for me... on a ban from fluff and BL for a while. i am broke... hot water blew up and just cost me $370 to get it fixed...

Off to look for bum cream... little miss's rash from the sposie is now all broken and bleeding...

BG - yeah, derr, worked that out after I posted! I got the nb fitteds I've been waiting for - woot!

Gigi - thanks for posting, I would have missed them again otherwise!

I got all my backpay from c'link yesterday so I've been very, very tempted to spend up big but I really don't need much else now except a few nb/small Maz fleecie covers if I can manage to nab a few before July sometime.
    Last edited by Willow; April 21st, 2009 at 03:51 PM.

willow - by july i'm guessing miss Gremlin may be on her way out of the NB maz covers so i'm sure i can post a couple up to you if you don't nab first (i just have an inkling she's gonna be a little heffalump bubba!)

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Jess - boo to HWS blowing up

Arimeh - sciatica in preg - i can so relate to that! i have two words for that - hydrotherapy classes for pregnant women - and maternity tankini - brilliant. But i didn't have to contend with a "dropped pelvis", i hope you get some relief from that, like YESTERDAY cos it sounds soooo painful.

Maz, Sammi etc, i can't find that Landscape wool dye by googling, i did try.

a couple of people asked about what to wash MCN with
    - there are many things you can use, use what suits you and works for you

• soap nuts
    • at the supermarket, Ecostore (liquid or powder) and Aware Sensitive by planet ark (powder). They are all marked whether for top or front or either type loaders.
    • just use water
    • some people use something called EUCA (??) that you get from hardware stores?
    • use bicarb soda
    • use normal washing detergents (this gave my DD rash really bad).

a few months back, after reading threads about this topic on BB, i went and did my own survey, standing in the supermarket (on childcare day obviously), reading all the backs of the packets, bottles. Some brands came close (amolin, earth's choice, etc, but all had ONE thing i was wanting to avoid, for mcn). the only ones that ticked ALL the boxes for me, was Ecostore and Aware Sensitive. Where i am, in a city of one million, they are easily available at IGA, coles and woollies.

i wish i could get Aware Sensitive in a bulk pack, i used to buy Omo Sensitive in the bulk packs to save money.

things to avoid, if you have a kid who rashes easily like i did, (and both dh and i itch heaps when using normal detergents)
    perfume
    optical brighteners
    enzymes
    fragrances
    oh dear, there were more things, and now i have gone all blank. when this was all fresh in my mind, i could rattle them off no worries, now i am a bit blank - it's been too long obviously for me to remember all the crucial bits - sorry!

my search for "simple" detergent heated up, once i had gone thru really bad rash with bilby, before then, i wasn't too bothered. I think if you had a child with execma, you would certainly need to be extra careful.

wotbb: imse vimse trainers with tiger stripes "Rah!" (really it's the mocha stripes)

got some flongies in the mail today .. yay .. a cute calmation pair with a scrap of material extra to make ears and a tail to put on it ! !! cute !!

Gigi I'll PM you! You have me itching to dye now but I have toooooo much other stuff to do

Oh Mel babe I hope they can do enough physio now for you not to get as bad as me. Hunt out that support belt girlie!!! If you need a frame when I am done with mine you can have it. I really hope they get on top of it right away I had sciatica for a few weeks before the SPD started up again. I really hope you dont end up graduating to DSP.

Lea - Sounds absoulutely gorgeous!!! Please share pics

Marlene and Nana - Back to front can also be helpful when they learn how to remove nappies. Em just figured it out too quick. But I think she is too smart for her own good, the DAP said she was pretty cluey.

Rhoda - Good luck today, and Congratulations!!!

I should get back to cleaning my fridge soon

yay!!!! nanny didn't do any nappy washing today!!!! they are safe!!!!

Yay! Krudd's cheque arrived today. Now we can buy fluff - or at least longies. Mind you I've bought enough wool for my Mum to make 3 pairs! Now to stop playing phone tag with my Mum!

Oooh! I just bought a Whizz Kids NN. Tell me they're ok.

BG - I'm just going to send all the FF I can find. You can choose which ones you want to keep or use as dusting rags.

WOTB: Ummm, I think a chocolate D'lish AIO

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Dragonfly Magik stocking on , check NOW if you're interested

you lucky ladies who have a little baby bot to put mcn on!!

Wardygirl - we loved our two WHizz Kidz Nightz - nice n thirsty.

LimeSlice...Jack's party is on 3rd May. his actual birthday is 30th April, but being a Thursday we made his party for the Sunday.

OK...I have a Q about the washing detergents. Jack doesn't have sensitive skin at all, and so far I have just been using our normal family washing powder. Will this damage the MCN's or is the gentle stuff more just for kids who get rashes, etc.

No fluffy mail today...VERY disappointed! itti mail is veeeery slow.

New thread time HERE

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718