Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #171.

Hi Ladies

Well my mother left this morning so I'm starting to get my house back in order. Putting things back where they BELONG not where she THINKS they should go.

We had a birthday party to attend on Sunday which she was going to come to with us. She told me in the morning she didn't feel well and would stay home. Well when I got home, the house had been cleaned from top to bottom, washing folded etc. She tricked me.

There has been so much going on in BB MCN land I'm not even going to try to catch up. I've been lurking whenever I could get a spare few minutes so I think I'm up with everything.

IB LE's - I logged on intending to buy, put some in my cart... then changed my mind. I bought some seconds instead.

Maz - Please PM me your addy sweets.

DS is 20 months and 11.5kgs. He wears Large IB's on the tightest snap setting without crossing the wings.

BG - not sure about Smalls - DS only went straight into larges as we are converts not dedicated mcners from the start.

I've confused myself with people on fb now, so I'm off to try to find the BB members I have on there and note their usernames lol

Oh does anyone use "Earth Choice Laundry Liquid"? Needed to buy more washing powder today and came across this one. Not sure if it's any good but bought it to try anyway. Huge big bottle of it for $14.

okies - 3.7kg sounds pretty average, so i guess i can put them in the drawer as a "keep checking" kinda thing - but not on the change station where DH can find them! i don't have a lot of newborn MCN's simply cos i have a feeling this "little girl" is going to be a big little girl! have lots of maz covers though so using flats will be fine to get me through the gap...

I ordered all large ittis...hope they fit. Jack is only fairly small, no idea what he weighs now (I try and stay away from the MCHN as much as possible, lol) ...probably about 9ish kg. Oh well, they'll fit eventually..I've ordered everything I have in large and done ok so far.

WOJB...terry flat (clean one since last post, lol) and white BBH cover.

CM - Earths choice has an optical brightener in it so it may fade your nappies and weaken the PUL. I have used it in the past but now we use Eco Store.

BG - I am being sneaky and packing extra boosters to fill gaps in slightly too big nappies. Will have to make sure I put them in such a way as to avoid leg gape though.

Missy Mel, Maz, Kat - I am doing what I can to have a bigger baby!!! I dont like super skinny babies, Em just does not have enough rolls on her and never has had that many. At least she has some fat on her bum but not a lot.

DH knocked off early so popped home to put the washing and dishes in their respective machines and has gone to get the girls from daycare. When they get home I will get to work on the quiche!!

I think you'll be fine Marlene, Kane was a chubber and was fine in large, and since getting so mobile and slimming down, he can go from med to lge no worries!!

BG, plus you dont want too much newborn poop on your "good" nappies...

Ali - thanks for that info. I think I'll keep the Earth Choice stuff for clothing only. Eco Store you say, is that in the supermarket as well or just an online thing? Must go look.

What is everyone else using on their MCN?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Butterfly View Post

BG, plus you dont want too much newborn poop on your "good" nappies...
    uh huh yep for sure!

i also want to make life easy for both me and DH when i first get home - will be easier to say to him that the nappies need to be thrown in the drier than to tell him to hang them on the airer

we use earths choice for our clothes.
    Whats eco store - can you use it for a front loader? I find that Im limited for choice, I need to use front loader, and with my machine the instructions say is has to be liquid detergent.

CM - we use euca on our nappies will pm you now

Ali - i hope your resting hon....owies to pelvis

BG - I cant remember if we had small IB's....I had so many other nappies but I did the same as you...sorted them all in size.

Insert big cheesie grin - have found lots of flannel now....going to have a play this week for ya BG....

oh RAYRAY - have you started making your velour wipes yet hon????? im waiting on some other colours from a co-op before I make some new ones for my kids

i got ecostore powder rayray - i thought you were getting a top loader for your new machine?

hello ladies

thought i'd pop in and say hi as i've finally given way and an heading in the cloth direction. Shame it's just with my last and she is 8 months old already but i think it makes sense environmentally and financially and because they are just so sute (but didn;t use last point on dh).
    Put my orders in last night for 2 bumGs, trial pack happy heinys, trial pack IBs and trial pack GK plus a few extras and one set of baby legs, so looking forward to fluffy mail int he next few weeks.
    Hopefully i won't be too confused but reading through this thread has some great tips for a newby like me.
    enjoys your day
    Julie x

Maz, Im waiting for DH to lift my overlocker on to the table for me Im not sure IU can do them on the regular machine, can i?

BG - yep, but you still have to use front loader detergent on the eco/aqua smart cycles, and the manual says to use liquid detergent.

well that's gonna make me a grump rayray! will have to investigate - i don't like liquids lol

i love liquids. we always had trouble in our FL with powder.

However, maybe you can pre dissolve powder and use it that way? Im not sure

Quote Originally Posted by rayray View Post
    i love liquids. we always had trouble in our FL with powder.

However, maybe you can pre dissolve powder and use it that way? Im not sure
    pfffy -that will make work

amolin liquid is the one most people mention i think hun - nice and gentle and nappy friendly

just have to make sure DH doesn't over pour when he's filling the machine... can't wait to get my new machine (bring on the redundancy money!)

Eco store is in most coles and safeway/woolies stores. It's in a pale blue box with a black and white photo on the front of all their products. I think you can buy it online from Nurture Nappies, but it's probably easier and cheaper to look out for it on special at the supermarket. It's about $8 usually. You only need the smallest amount, so even in a front loader I reckon you wouldn't have much of a problem with it.

ETA Welcome PlonkeeMumma! May the fluff be with you!!

Marlene- I got large IB too... Hope they fit... If not they will eventually,.... no fluff mail here maybe my cheap babylegs tomorrow... YAY...

Thanks ladies

I do have a front loader so hopefully Eco Store or Euca is safe for them? I shall head back to the shop tomorrow, gotta go to spotters anyway.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast