Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #172.

Jess is all that stuff Maz is doing for you!!! How fantastic!!! Lucky you. Must be the boost you need?

Ha Ha, I did not know that it was the Maz from here who made the covers (Duh) - Oooh, so very clever, wish I were so clever. Are most of the nappy stores owned by Mum's? I assumed they were all just companies. Thanks all, I did find that store in the end, yay. Truly, this new little nappy world has opened my eyes up. There is such a demand for everything MCN, if I had the drive I would invest in a MCN nappying production because if so many stores are selling out of all sorts of things so fast there is obviously a need, must be a whole bunch more obsessed mummies out there - And now I'm one of them . . Oh dear, DH will not be pleased

Sarah - we are all very obsessed ... a dream of mine would be to just have a fluff store .. just fluff and accesories .. nothing else ... pity .. IRL there is demand , but not enough for it to take off

Sas - yup Maz from here is the famous Maz covers lady - very talented huh!! Gotta love her work (plus she's awfully modest too!!)

I think most people in the MCN business - whether making, selling whatever - are all WAHM's. Some people outsource their making to China and that - but the hard to get ones are still made at home, which is why they are so hard to get.

WOTB's: both still in night nappies. Still a bit shirty at DH after last night (see facebook for more details) so he can change them.

So I didnt end up fluff-buying but I did get 2 pairs of fishermans pants off Ozebaby for Jett and Ripley lol

Im still trying to decide if I was AIOs or fitteds for River..............definately going to have some Widdlewuns in the stash if I get lucky.

WOJettsB - Lucious Lullabies w/ Maz polar bear cover
    WORipleysB - Snoozywuns w/ Maz 2up turtle cove cover
    WONewbiesB - BBH w/ Maz minky spinder cover

Mel hun hope things are better this morning... - i know its no its not much but hey at least ur DH will change naps... Mine wont... he does nothing for the kids... i was shocked to see him laying on the lounge with DD last night when she woke up screaming (1st time ever and she is almost 1).

Kitt3n Thanks for the FB add... off to check ur pics out... lol...
    Have 5 friend requests but i dont know who they are cos no message with their BB name... LOL... Glad u added a message...

Well i almost had to resort to a sposie last night but i decided i could just use the green kids and change her later... well i didnt and it actually held up well almost... just a little dmp round the legs not too much (think mainly cos she climbs up in the cot and falls on her butt ... lol

I think all the fluff talk on my FB has opened more people minds up to cloth... have had several people comment on DD's fluff ask questions etc... even if there not converted its still great to make them aware of MCNs... (so many people have no idea... they still think cloth as in flats and pl;astic pants. )

Kitt3n - there's a nappy bag on the Lucky Brand site that looks kinda like you described. But yeh, exxy... very pretty though. I think by the time I find a nappy bag I like/can afford/suits cloth, DS will be fully TT... but that could be a WAHM project for me maybe? Or someone with more time and sewing skills than me, anyway. Have you seen those bags that are baby carriers as well? Clever!

A couple of the inserts from our BumGs are so stained, and I have no idea what from, but weeks of sunshine hasn't budged them. It's not panadol, and DS hasn't pooped in a nappy much this year coz he prefers the potty, so it's all a bit weird. Oh well, it's not like anyone actually sees them.

Can't wait for Mazzy-mail! DP's such a grump today, it might even cheer him up a bit. It would want to, I got it custom-made for him!

WOAB: um.... mind fog... what did I put on him half an hour ago?? um... a nappy?? sheeeesh.

nana - hun pm me which one, i cnat see anyback packs on there?

lea - i would love such a store - there is one opening on sydneys northern beaches very soon!

wohb - kissaluv / llamajama sorties which are long on her LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi View Post

whoever got the cherub's kiss custom, Brigsy? woot! (although you lost me, when you said "my first customer" - is Lesley buying something from you?

if you are buying something from Lesley, she is such a perfectionist, you won't be disappointed. She wins prizes for her quilting, smocking, all that fancy sewing stuff - and is very nice too. She came to a Nappycino meetup in my city last winter - it was like meeting MCN royalty LOL. (pity Honeyboys didn't suit bilbs). Also Tikki (from ozebaby was there). i love meeting wahms.

ummmm, i'll just play the "i'm so used to typing customer at work that the word just flows from my fingers" card! i meant to type CUSTOM - oopsie! i'm not talented in the ways of sewing anything at ALL - ask me to make invitations to weddings, i'm there, but sewing - nah not at all (ooh, and i can usually write a half decent poem!)

not much happening here nappy wise - mum bought out the last big amount of Gremlin washing last night so we sorted stuff into drawers by size - she's HOPELESS - it was either get the giggles at her vagueness or crack the sads at her! my back is hurting now though - we have a concrete slab and i spent too much time sitting on the floor! packing hospy bags tonight or tomorrow i think - i'm in denial that it's going to be happening soon, but given one of my belly buddies popped during the week, and another has discovered her waters are leaking this morning... i think i have the essentials i need now (don't want to take pretties to the hospital - icky tar poos, plus i don't want them lost!).

Maz - i love the custom flats - can't wait to comment on FB - but too many of my extended family on FB don't know that the Gremlin is pink - it would be a bit of a giveaway! thanks so much hun

Ok how do i go about getting a custome made??/ d oi just use their contact us part?? I am so in love with some of the butterflies (flutterbys) naps that i have seen and i want more, more, more... Kitt3n ur naughty... putting all those pics on FB and being my butterfly MCN enabler...

BG- Had no idea u were keeping gremlins sex a secret... how on earth do u keep that to urself... I was so excited when i found out i was having a girl... and OMG ur pregnancy has gone fast... i still cant believe it was me in your shoes last yr... WOW the yr has just flown past. Ur Mum sounds like a gem...

WOTB- DaddleDoo....
    Last edited by Je$$_84; April 26th, 2009 at 02:05 PM.

some wahms will have a custom slot available on their site, Jess. Otherwise just ask?

Thanks NaNa- I am loving the butterfly embroidery on the back.

Those of you that have HH pink ribbon nappies, Make sure they are clean and dry for tomorrow, Marydean is having breast surgery for her funky boob. I have Em's ready and will be specifically asking DH to put it in her daycare bag.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyGoodLooking View Post
    BG- Had no idea u were keeping gremlins sex a secret... how on earth do u keep that to urself... I was so excited when i found out i was having a girl... and OMG ur pregnancy has gone fast... i still cant believe it was me in your shoes last yr... WOW the yr has just flown past. Ur Mum sounds like a gem...
    it's only from a couple of them now - i think it's filtered to the rest of the family by now. one Great Aunt (that i'm very close to) is adamant she doesn't want to know - i am "friends" with both her sons on FB so i have to be careful not to let slip! not that it's a big drama if they find out, but to have kept it from my Aunt through soooo many phone calls and things, i don't want her to find out now through my cousins - it would be really hard on her i think! plus it's nice to have a little secret from a few people...

it's been interesting keeping it secret from some local friends though - some know, but a lot of people in town don't - so i either have to dry all prewashed stuff inside at home, or send it to mum's!

~Rebecca~ Guest

Jess - go through some of the gallerys in some places and see whats around then just ask them to custom it for you, with your fav. colours and material and set to your DD's size
    I have 2 GF's coming soon, i got an email from Nikki this morning to say they will be finished tommorow so excited Nikki did me a custom bumblebee and a custom white tiger, so adorable.

As for me i have ALOT of fluff coming this week, 12 so far geez no wonder im poor this week

WOHB - Sposie atm, i only have 3 fluffys and there washing cant wait for my other 12 to come.

Sorry I've been slack in here lately. My visitors are never ending...

I had my Mother visit for a week, and once she left my sister and niece arrived. Now they went home today, but on Friday my IN-LAWS are arriving. YAY. Not Hopefully when they go home I can get my house and routine back into order. Trying to keep my house respectable at the moment is like with all these people coming and going.

While my sister was here she added about 5 items to my already mile long list of things to sew. I barely get time as it is and NEVER get time to sew for my own child just everyone elses.

I missed the stockings as well, hopefully I can get on for Arimeh's to try a widdlewun for the first time.

Kitt3n - do I have you on fb? I'd love to check out your stash everyone is raving about but I can't for the life of me remember if you're on my friends list?

oh behave ladies....im getting embarrassed

rain rain...woo hooo!!!!!! finally I dont care that i have a clothes horse full of nappies drying in my little parents retreat! ITS RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope eveyrone is well just got an email to say my IB's are on their way

you can find Caddies stuff at her new online store - Millaruby.....lovely stuff...we have a few of her items here relax pants are FAB!!!! and I got the cutest little orange, pink and yellow striped dress for Vy.

oh and a question - for those who have side snapping BB.......do you think that the sizing is bigger due to it? I think im going to get alot longer use out of them compared to the front closure ones.

And again... and thanks to those who thought of my yesterday...my back is pretty bad and all I can say is praise the lord for SIL's who are nurses im atleast walking today without crying (yes it was that bad)

ok off to make tea for the hungry worms

Be good and if you cant be good.....be dame good at it

OK Little Miss will be 1 in a few weeks and i figured i'd splurge and get her a custom... (not particularly for her b'day but thats what i'm saying to DP...

So my q is... I Love Girly stuff, and i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Butterflies but also thought i could go fairies, princess maybe?? so who would u recommeb for a custom??? GF, CGR??? not sure who i should look at??? i want a good Nap not just a pretty one IYKWIM

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast