Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

Our swimming classes started from 6 months too- but they never mentioned your child needing to be vaccinated. One thing our instructor did say was that she didn't get you to put your child's head underwater until after 12 months. Thisis due to the poor hygiene of the pool water and the fact that they still have open station tubes until that age so she didn't want to cause ear infections.

Hmm no jabs here. I have emailed state swim in our area to find out their policy.
    Poopie- not sure hun but I bought DS a Mr men rashy the other day from big w... very cute! It's even the right colours to match his swim nap
    WOCB a very masculine pink circles swaddlebees aio

DD had a cloth covered rear tonight because I forgot sposies so hoping she doesn't flood the bed. I was giving her a cuddle pre settling and forgot how lovely a night nappy covered minky bum is to pat! I just went and had a peek because her huge fluffy bum is so cute!

WOCB: Bonnibuns blue/choc dot night nappy with extra tri-fold and Maz Carnival Dots cover!

Washing NB AIO's today. So cute.............

WOHB - Fairyfloss Beetlebums pocket

Awe nb fluff *sigh* I'm clucky & Mr c is only 3 months old... I just started washing my mediums cos Mr c has finally got chubby enough thighs.
    We r off to the beach today trying out the swim nappy *bounce bounce bounce*

WOCB: sweetpeas "marshmallow" nappy

How'd the beach go Cmarfol?

DD is grumpy today because she only slept 6 hours last night and nasty mummy put her in sposies to catch a plane... She DETESTS them. I can't say I blame her because it looks uncomfortable.

OT but how early did everyone's bub TT with cloth? DD I think is showing signs but the only info I can find in my limited time is directed at sposie users. She's starting to get all twitchy then does a face and I've checked nappy prior to the face and no wee. She's also squatting while doing the face. Think she's ready or wait a few weeks more?

WOCB: Sposie which she was trying to rip off so I stuck the carnival dots Maz cover over (sorry for desecrating it hun! It's the only way we aren't getting wee everywhere )

Bah. I finally did the big newborn nappy wash... soaked in rockin' green last night then woke up this morning to finish the wash and find out the sun has gone again and it's pouring! So much for sunning them out!

My son is 2.5 and doesn't appear vaguely interested in TT! He wears a disposable at night time but is in cloth otherwise fulltime. I think girls are usually toilet aware earlier. No harm in maybe just trying to get to her to sit on the loo when you see those faces at least.

Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    Bah. I finally did the big newborn nappy wash... soaked in rockin' green last night then woke up this morning to finish the wash and find out the sun has gone again and it's pouring! So much for sunning them out!

My son is 2.5 and doesn't appear vaguely interested in TT! He wears a disposable at night time but is in cloth otherwise fulltime. I think girls are usually toilet aware earlier. No harm in maybe just trying to get to her to sit on the loo when you see those faces at least.
    Yeah, girls do apparently TT earlier. She has shown more interest in me going to the loo and looks thoughtful lol. I guess everyone knows that toddlers like to watch EVERYTHING. Thinking I might get one of those seats to go on the loo after I get back from melbourne. She finds the huge hole intimidating. Well if she doesn't want to yet then the seat will be used later.

the beach was good, he thought it was pretty fantastic which is nice cos DF hates the beach. the swim nappy didnt get tested tho (thank god) it didnt even get pee'd in. i think he thought the best bit was getting naked, he did NOT wanna get dressed afterwards lol

WOCB: peppermint itti bitti

im just sitting here impatiently waiting for a NB bum to put fluff on lol ds is in sposies today coz im a lazy git and had my ob appt this morning couldnt be bothered changing while we were gone

Crazy - DS toilet trained at 3 years, 2 months. I didn't push him or anything, I just asked if he wanted to go to the toilet and he said yes. I'm not pushing DD1 either - she knows what wees and poos are and tells me when she has done one, but so far, can't be convinced to sit on the potty or toilet so I'll wait until she tells me she wants to go.

Slightly lazy on my part cos I don't have the time and effort to actually train them, I just wait until they are ready to train themselves.. LOL

It's been a while since I have been in here - probably need to update my siggy. I have waded thru a heap of poists and you girls have been busy, new baby, pregnancies and TTing. I HATE TTing! You would think I would have it down pat by now!

Reading about people washing their nappies when new ready to wear - I used to do that but now I have my kids wear them straight away just for shorter periods of time until they have built up to maximum absorbancy. There is always something nice about putting on new clothes!

I will look forward to hearing some birth announcement s soon - I love a new baby, something so precious.....sigh....repeat - "I am not ciucky!"

WODB - nothing he is tting
    WOSB - Beautiful WAHM nappy

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh's Eden View Post

Slightly lazy on my part cos I don't have the time and effort to actually train them, I just wait until they are ready to train themselves.. LOL
    Best way to do it! I have seen a fair bit of TT fail over the years. Laziness FTW!

**waves!!**

Hello cloth nappy peeps! Anybody remember me....?!

I fell off the edge of the MCN universe about a year ago - hideous nappy rash that would not be dealt with, no matter what, so out came the sposies *ducks*. But now Le Punk is TT & with #2 on the way SOON I have just fallen back onto the wagon with a thud... I saw a robot rumparooz g2 last night & HAD to have it.... so I am awaiting the first nappy in my second batch of fluffy mail... WOOT!

PS, there seems to be a few new things around since I was last an MCN Mama... like Rockin Green...?! Tha't new! (PS, Where is the best - cheapest lol - place to buy that... I can't be the last un-cool kid on the block!)
    Last edited by QueenMab; October 17th, 2010 at 08:03 AM.

Hey QM - of course I remember you!!

Welcome back!!! Not long now till newborn fluffy stuff!!!!

I use Rockin' Green some of the time, I get mine from a friend down here in tassie that has a little store (green waves) so I don't have to pay delivery.. LOL

Lol, thanks Mel... I should hope so!

Any other grand new developments in the world of MCN I should know about?!

Grand developments? I dunno, I'm sorta stuck using DM's and WW's... and I'm such a snob I won't look at any other brand... LOL

Hey QM! I don't like the RG - it made my nappies stiff (well, I think it was the RG) and I don't think it made that much of a diff to any smells.............

What have you got in your NB stash? After all of my trial and errors with Laa I think we have the perfect NB combination......

10 Kissaluv fitteds (sz 0)
    8 Kissaluv contours
    9 Swaddlebees NB
    6 Maz prefolds
    6 Booroi prefolds

A range of covers.... Maz, bummis, booroi

6 small Widdlewuns
    6 Sz 0 Auriels (one is a fitted, on the way and I am very excited about it, was the GD set!!)
    4 Beetlebums NB/Smalls (hoping for a couple more to make 6!)

I have to say, it's my dream NB stash!!!!!

WOHB - Beetlebums pink/brown mashup pocket

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast