Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    I found RG made our nappies much, much softer. And no rashes that I remember- hopefully the new baby wont react either!
    same here. At first they went all hard but then i realised I had an extra efficient front loader and put one tablespoon in instead of 2 with water cranked right up. It was the residue in the nappy setting when it dried.

we are going to makcay, so should be safe from rocky lol

there is sure to be more sun than here, think we have had 2 days of sun in 6 weeks lol

I had a look at the ingredients in RG and it's main ingredient is washing soda which I stick in with my nappies/clothes anyway. Yet to have a stain not come out and it costs $3 for a kilo. I don't know if the extra $17 plus postage for RG is worth it to be honest. Using plain washing soda would be a better option for those who've got rashes too because I bet it's the surfactants (like citric acid etc.) that cause the irritation.

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by Yeddi View Post
    I had a look at the ingredients in RG and it's main ingredient is washing soda which I stick in with my nappies/clothes anyway. Yet to have a stain not come out and it costs $3 for a kilo. I don't know if the extra $17 plus postage for RG is worth it to be honest. Using plain washing soda would be a better option for those who've got rashes too because I bet it's the surfactants (like citric acid etc.) that cause the irritation.
    The weird thing with my DS he doesn't react in the nappy area he can't be normal in that but reacts elsewhere. It seems almost down this morning after putting the steriod cream on it last night and once this morning. So hopefully after a strip wash we solve that problem, if it doesn't I know it's the dairy at least. (I haven't washed anything else of his in the RG so )

I am sorry to hear that hon.
    I have thought of you often.
    Is there someone who can take DD1 so you can have a bit of a break?

Quote Originally Posted by poopie View Post
    Does any one have any trissytots nappies? I just bought some and I am waiting for them to arrive..
    Anyone?? I've been looking at them too and wondering if I should give them a try.

Between the rain and antibiotic poo we have been using far too many sposies here. And it's supposed to rain all this week too.

Could someone please explain what wing droop is? I'm having a few problems with some nappies - the corners of the nappy that the wings snap on to slip down and hang under the wings. Does that make ANY sense ??? Had a rough night so my brain is struggling more than usual! I thought that maybe this was wing droop.

Jandals, wing droop is where the wings that usually sit on the hips tucked under the sides, hang down towards the crotch part.

I hate wing droop - got it the worst with ittis, and then it started happening with even my velcro fastening ones, so I got rid of them all and went with side snaps.

I just had a look at the trissy tots on FB - can't see how the boosters are made up. They look interesting, but they do look a little bulky?

WOHB - beetlebums "Monet" inside out

Quote Originally Posted by Bimboo View Post
    I'm actually really struggling with cloth nappies at present with all this rain and no where to hang them. I have a really small house and clothes airers are so big! I've been using sposies for a couple of weeks now and risking nappy rash in DD3 as she's so sensitive to the chemicals. But I must admit I just don't care about nappies that much these days.
    Clothes airers are bulky. If I use them here risk DD pulling them on herself so I don't bother now. Huge hugs to you Bimboo hun!xx

Quote Originally Posted by Bimboo View Post

I'm actually really struggling with cloth nappies at present with all this rain and no where to hang them. I have a really small house and clothes airers are so big! I've been using sposies for a couple of weeks now and risking nappy rash in DD3 as she's so sensitive to the chemicals. But I must admit I just don't care about nappies that much these days.
    Yeah, I get you hon. There is priorities in life and then there are nappys.
    I have been hating this weather too, yay for today, am madly washing and hanging out.
    Thinking of you.
    xx

Ahhh, thanks Mel. That's exactly what I meant but you put it so much more eloquently! It's soooooo annoying. I'm finding my Bonnibuns and Bambootys to be the worst, which sucks because I really like them - esp the Bambootys. My IB haven't been too bad but it was nice using WW today with no issues.

Sunshine vibes for everyone

Jandals - most people have success if they skip a snap or two, so the wing sorta bunches up across the front, but there isn't any wing droop. However, this trick didn't work for me, my kids have really really skinny waists, and there was nothing that could be done, unless I requested the nappy maker make a custom one with more snaps (which is what I did with my BOB's and GF's that I had/have). They put 6 snaps on the wing instead of 2 or 4 like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandals View Post
    I'm finding my Bonnibuns and Bambootys to be the worst, which sucks because I really like them - esp the Bambootys.
    That's one of the reasons I had to stop using bonnibuns. DD's shape changed after about 10months old (around crawling time). That and she became a champion piddler....

WOCB: Turquoise minky Abby Gro which I put on specifically to match her gorgeous dress i got yesterday I loooooove cloth for the coordination lol

Just found a use for my bonnibuns that aren't suitable for DD. She wouldn't cooperate at bed and was carrying on about her "baba" (baby) so I asked DP to get me a bonnibuns to put on the doll. DD quite happily layed down and let me put a nappy on her after. I then put her "baba" down in a box with a pillow as a mattress to sleep. DD then waved goodnight and toddled off to bed quite happily. The joys of motherhood

WOCB: Sposie because of her champion night peeing ways. Skulling water with her cold like it's going out of fashion so even more justified now

the trissy tots aren't too bad, the are osfm with a snap in pre fold type thing, super cute too

Woohoo!! Fluffy mail

I just received some brand new nappy covers & a gorgeous minilala wetbag

I bought two Bummis super brite covers and a Mother-ease Rikki cover in small. I skipped newborn size as my last baby was 4.3kg but the covers look really big! I hope they fit!!

My small Rikki fitted from birth - he was just under 4kg.

Oh good! I just looked again and the small rikki cover is from 2.5kg so I guess it just looks big to me

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast