Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

Default Cloth Nappies #187

Makes me feel a bit better. Lol. I didn't really want it, but I was too polite to say I'll take the fitteds and get the fleece cover from elsewhere.
    It baaaaarely fits the poor tyke.

Thanks Mel.

Fluffy mail!!!

I received my 3 bambam deluxe fitteds from bubblebubs yesterday. They are super soft and lovely. They're the first fitteds I have that will need a snappi too. They have a trifold lay-in booster that I think kind of bulks them out a bit... I'm thinking it would be likely I could just use them without the booster from birth then add the booster in when needed? I know that makes the whole thing less absorbent but surely if flannel flats are good enough that early on...? Anyone else left out the boosters at the beginning?

Meow, I had the previous Bambams (not deluxe) & I felt the booster was necessary. Mine were only bifolds though. They've fallen apart now, dunno whether I snappi'd too hard or left them too long between washes, but I liked them while they lasted.

Ahh okay- thanks! I guess maybe now these nappies have hemp in them they might be stronger- but it's a bugger yours have fallen apart! Luckily I won mine so they are free!

i have a bambam and its my fav fitted, i am getting around to getting more....

fluffmail (2nd hand) med swaddlebees in a very manly pink and orange spots and a fitted, cant remember the brand, its in the wash already.

wocb- strawberry bambooty thats almost too small (it will be our 1st nappy to be grown out of )

I'm in Melbourne and utterly irritated with the lack of nappy drying weather. My sister was so excited about her MCN, she tried a OSFM nappy on her 6 day old son. A little leg gapage so iffy on pootainment. We currently have 9 people in my parent's household and washer/dryer running non-stop. DD's MCN's have been rather sluggish in drying and inserts being tumble dried. I am really glad I'm not a permanant Vis resident urrently with Princess Piddle's nappy usage.

WOCB: Whatever daddy put on her post bath as I was eating my (delayed) dinner.

Oh you poor thing! Being permanently based in Melbourne I don't find it difficult as I have a clothes rack set up near the heater all the time. I can understand how hard it must be sharing the space and laundry with loads of other family!

CL- i am totally sympathetic, in adelaide we have had 3 sunny days since DS was born... needless to say our dryer is getting a work out as well but thankfully i dont need to share it with that many people!!

Oh the horror! My fluff hasn't arrived yet, and DH will be home before me today, and I bet it comes today, eeeeeeeek, I am in TROUBLE!

We dont own a drier But if Im slack enough I can convince dh that we need more nappies. Although Im finding it hard to have a shortage with our hundred or so nappies

lol poopie i actually have less than 20 for jamie that he can currently wear and even with the weather they are washing and drying fine but saying that he is 15 months

poopie!! far out send some my way! ive got about 15 max that hes wearing atm, thats including the ones that r a bit baggy in the legs...

I hear ya on the bad weather although today isnt to bad good day to get them dry. DS has been on antibotics so his nappies are all stained at the moment due to expolsive poos and i ran outta liners as well. Bring on summer so i can sun them out!

What does everyone think of the rocking green? Worth getting to clean the nappies with? I have heard a few people say its made there nappies less absorbant?

WOSB - GF blue minky day nappy

I just used my sample Rockin Green the other day and I'm using the rest of it right now soaking another lot of nappies. I soaked them in the machine for most of the day but all the poo stains were still there as with a normal wash. My last lot are still drying so I haven't used them yet. They feel a little softer so I thought maybe something nice had happened in the wash- better not be softener! Hope they're not less absorbent. So far, not so great here.

Default Cloth Nappies #187

Wasn't sure where to spread my rockin green love - not nappies but I washed the boys whites and oscars grobags yesterday, no soaking and only on medium temp in the machine and I am rapt with the results. It got all the marks around the neckline of the grobag ( where he sucks on it, ew!) out, which even sard spray could not getvrid of. Everything has come up really well and without an overpowering fragrance ( I used the orange sample) Love it!

I bought 8 samples last week and did my first wash with rockin green today. It was a nappy + light colours wash, and everything feels softer and looks brighter. Sort of the same affect that nappisan has on clothes. But when it came out there was no smell.. similar to washing with bi-carb.
    Our nappies are still quite new looking, although some of them had gone a greyish colour, but the rockin green made those ones white again. BUT that could be our new washing machine?!
    Not sure what the hype about it is. I do like my bi-carb.

wohb - A gorgeous maz bumblebee cover

If it helps, I found Rockin Green made my nappies more absorbent, not less

How sad am I?
    I just got so excited about the fact my nappies are dry so I have just put them on for their third pre wash.
    I want to use them NOW!!

I am using an itti bitti at the moment with no probs so far. The Bum cheeks take awhile to dry but again no issues and my Genesa Forge is about to make its debut as soon as lady wakes up.

I have BBH, bubblebees, widdlewuns, daddledoos and bonnibuns all set to trial as long as the weather co operates

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast