Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    Oh you poor thing! Being permanently based in Melbourne I don't find it difficult as I have a clothes rack set up near the heater all the time. I can understand how hard it must be sharing the space and laundry with loads of other family!

DD and clothes racks don't mix as she is OBSESSED with pulling them down. I forgot to add the 10 day old nephew is in cloth too but sister insists on changing him only every 4 hours as she insists on scheduling him. He's going through 4 outfits a day+ from wee leakage...

Jwithj- DD is 15 months too but as she gets more active she seems to drink more water and have more wee.
    Last edited by CrazyLady; August 16th, 2010 at 11:05 PM.

jamie sometimes wees through nappies in an hour and other times nappies can last for ages its a tad frustrating but kids dont wee on command well at least not mine

i have fluffy mail coming im so excited lol cant wait to see wat maz comes up with for me

I watched the postie coming all the way up the street today. Everyone got a parcel except me, I swear.

J.. if that monkey maz put on her page is for you, well, I am SOO jelous! those monkeys are so cute!

SO Ive been having issues with the flannelette fitteds, they soak through really fast! Ive been putting a microfibre booster on the OUTside, under the cover, but they just get sopping wet within an hour. They are so soft though unlike our really rough other fitteds. eek.
    The rockin green made all our nappies super soft after a few washes. So I think we are happy with the stuff now.

Hi everyone - we are still powering along with our cloth nappies and now have enough to wash every second day - woohoo! We actually have more than enough nappies but our DD has now grown out of her prefolds and seems to be in between sizes for all of our nappies except her babybeehinds. We have about a dozen peapods which we bought second hand off a friend. They came without inserts but we got given 2 night boosters which are great. Do you think I can use the prefolds that DD has outgrown in the peapods? Right now the legs seem to be too big for her even though they are a size small and I put them on the smallest setting. A bit weird since she is now in medium petite BBH on the smallest setting? Am I doing the peapods up incorrectly maybe as my friend used them on her DD from birth!

WOHB - BBH night nappy with thirsties cover

I never got peapods to fit my son. He was big at birth (4.3kg) and all the OSFM or other small nappies were fitting fine but the small peapods is huge! When it was fitting his waist it was still big around the legs. Maybe your friend's daughter had large thighs?

Thanks Meow! I haven't heard many good things about the peapods but my friend really loves them so I was keen to give them a go. I'll just keep trying them on her sporadically and see if they fit.

CL & meow- we have a clothes airer in front of our heater permenantly, but the inserts and fitteds go into the dryer otherwise they will NEVER dry ever! our clothes airer has to be guarded form naughtly little kitties who have a party pulling everything down as soon as my back is turned (pegs are a no go, they attract more attention from kitties that break into the peg bucket to steal them )

audax- bloody aus post i tell u! they are hopeless!

j- i am jealous too! maz's stuff is so cute!!!

poopie- mr c is out-peeing some of our nappies after an hr or 2 as well. means a lot of wardrobe changes and washing since we have only so many super absobant nappies...

anyone have any suggestions cos hes out-peeing most of our fitteds as well as BBH petite (), our magicalls and a couple of others. it may help (or not) that he has chicken legs still *sigh*

My fluffy mail - 6 x Bubblebubs - was delivered to the wrong place! It went to Failtown next door, and the downside was the DH was here when hey brought it over, but he was cool with it. That's it for my stash until after the baby's here. I've got a pretty good range now.

Ohh, in other news, I got a gorgeous planetwise wetbag as a gift at work today! Best gift ever - so thoughtful!

fluffy mail today yay got 7 new version baby safari nappies and a free wet bag i love them already and a little squirt

yep thats my covers lol theres going to be another one for the new baby plus a few other things lol i love maz too well der

WOJB: sposie night nappies didnt dry quick enough

I ladies, I hope you don't mind my crashing the party?!

I have had Miss H (DD#2) since she was about 2 or 3 weeks old and had T (DD#1) in the for a few month prior to her TT and I love them! For H is have BBH Magic Alls, Cushie Tushies and have recently got her in T's old Green kids.
    I haven't got her into the GK's as they're just so bulky on her little bum, but I had a light bulb moment a few days ago and now they're just perfect! I seperated the two bamboo liners, folded one over and it's the perfect size as I have to fold the front of the nappy down a fair way. They look just gorgeous and we've not had any leakage!!
    My Cushie Tushies have been driving my up the wall with a leakage almost every time I used them! Grrrr

So to you all in here, I do know some of you and looking forward to getting to know those I don't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiff+2 View Post
    My Cushie Tushies have been driving my up the wall with a leakage almost every time I used them! Grrrr
    i have 2 and i dont use them unless its for a major emergency (like i have no dry nappies around). it doesnt matter what i do to them they always leak. seriously thinking of selling them to someone who loves them!!

Yeah I hate Cushie Tushies, I've got one. The stitching came undone within a few weeks of having it and then I got a replacement. They just dont seem to fit well.

Have you guys heard of Applecheeks?

Well I must say I'm glad to hear it's not just me! My friend has Cushie Tushies and swears by them, thought I must have had a couple of elephant wetters (as DD#1 use to wet through them too!) . lol The poppers on my of them has broken several times, I've stopped sending it back, it's just sitting there broken and unused.

I've not heard of Applecheeks, what are they??

Hey Tiff! Good to see you in here!
    Applecheeks, I think I've heard of them.. American though aren't they?

They're canadian. I got one to try. And I really like them. I think they're new here though. I was recommended by an american friend.

Hey Poopie! Goodness I must have been living under a rock or somthing, I didn't even know you had your bub, I can't believe she's a month old already!

Might have a look at those.

Does anyone have any Mini Lala's?? I'm only looking at buying 1 cuz they're cute but wont bother if they're duds!

we have three minilalas and they're not bad.....we have the cotton print ones so they are not a long long lasting one but pretty good....i brckon their new poly print ones would be awesome!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast