Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

yeah its one of a kind the nappy is from flattery and the blanket is little sky handmade they are so awesome i just cant stop touching them lol cant wait till it goes on a little bum and im already organising a little soaker to go over it coz its a fitted

WOJB: BBH night and maz custom Jamie cover

Quote Originally Posted by teresa View Post
    well DS has had a shocking nappy rash which despite using creams and powders i couldnt get rid of it so i put him in disposables for a couple of days and used copious amounts of sudocream and washed all of his nappies in dettol laundry rinse. put the cloth back on yesterday and i have noticed he is starting to get a red bottom again! anyone got any other suggestions?
    Just popping my head in here...... my sister's DS (he's 21 now!) had a delicate little bum. He would break out in a horrible nappy rash but it was caused by ALL soap powders/ soakers. She ended up washing all of his clothes in Lux soap flakes. It was the only thing she could use up until he was about 3 or 4.

thanks cass72. he comes from a long line of red heads and my grandma thinks he just might have that sort of skin that wont be able to cope too much in cloth!!! i am hoping she is wrong. i have been washing all of his nappies tho in bi carb so not sure. going to leave it anothe couple of days and try again

Fluff delivery! Not really mail, as I picked it up from SIL, but I got 4 x Bonnibuns pockets, 1 x Bonnibuns AIO, 1 x GF AIO, 1 x Bubblebubs GNST and one Ecobubs pocket, plus a heap of boosters and wipes. Half of it is stuff that I gave her and now I'm getting back, but whatever! It's so fluffy and good!

I was eyeballing the Bonnibuns when i was at Nest Nappies. They look goooood.
    I'm waiting on some fluffy mail Maz and my Widdlewuns. She posted pics of them this morning and I wish I had them.

Does anyone find it hard to sell newborn stuff? I've been procrastinating for aaaaaages because I can't let it go.

WOMB - Green BBH Multifit
    WONB - Green Pop In

Quote Originally Posted by teresa View Post
    thanks cass72. he comes from a long line of red heads and my grandma thinks he just might have that sort of skin that wont be able to cope too much in cloth!!! i am hoping she is wrong. i have been washing all of his nappies tho in bi carb so not sure. going to leave it anothe couple of days and try again
    have you tried silk liners?
    or even teh disposable ones?

i use the liners from woolies. havent tried silk ones tho.

teresa- have you tried the nappies without liners? I haven't heard good things about some of the supermarket disposable liners. They can hold all the moisture against the skin and cause the rash.

yeah i have. been using the liners now for a couple of months and have never had an issue with them. going to try cloth again tomorrow and see how i go.

thanks everyone for your input. really means alot.

well we have been back in cloth now for 48 hours and everything is looking great. still using disposables at night as i have no night nappies yet and it allows me to put some zinc cream if i need on his bottom.

Oh so excited.. I met somebody at the shops today..in the parents room, that also uses mcn's! Soo cool! Although she had 3kids I think and she said she'd never met another cloth user

poopie- ooh yay!!! how exciting, the only fellow mcn users ive met are the adelaide BB girls
    tereasa- that sucks that DS gets rashes, we've not had any nappy rash here yet *touch wood* that is other than the horrible rash he had everywhere a couple of weeks ago...fingers crossed it clears up without having to go onto sposies permanently.
    i have snapped the last week and we are back in sposies for now. i got behind when DF and i were sick and now 1) we are going away tomorrow for a week and 2) we r still short nappies that fit properly and im sick of all the extra washing. im thinking we need to do a big splurge (for us) and buy some new nappies of the types that fit rather than the 2nd hand collection of randoms that we have. so far the only ones that dont leak are the 4 ittis and 1 thirsties duo....

Hi ladies I'm new in here, just starting out with MCNs and this looks like a great thread. Hope it's okay for me to jump in.

I had a big lot of fluffy mail arrive this week
    I got 2 Bonnibuns, 2 GF every days, 1 GF night nappy, 1 Monk n Bear, 1 Daddle Doo, 1 Twinkle Lily, 3 Itty Bitty d'lish, 2 BBH Petite, 1 Bumcheek. And a nice selection of extra boosters/inserts. Just waiting on 3 custom WiddleWuns, 2 GF and a Chloes Toes.

I've been busy washing them up so I can get started - I never thought I'd be so excited by washing Wonder which ones will become favourites. So far I've tried the Bumcheeks, a WiddleWuns and a Monk n Bear and I've liked all of them.

I'm lucky that one of my best friends has a bubba the same age as mine and we're sharing our newly found cloth addiction. We're both enablers though so there's no hope of recovery any time soon

Can I ask what your preferences are for a flushable liner? I have some microfleece coming that I intend to cut up and use if I need to use cream but thought it would be handy to have flushables too. I have a couple of silk liners just in case he gets a rash but I'm not so keen on the hand-washing so I'll only use them if I need to.

Jandals xo

And could someone please educate me and tell me what WOEB and WOSB means? I'm such a newbie

WOEB = whats on "insert childs initial here" bottom

so yours would be WOTB..
    HTH..

finally getting abck into night time cloth, been slack as weatehr here hasnt allowed ours to dry, so i pulled my finger out and actually made DD some night nappies, lol so busy making them for everyone else.. ;P

oh jandals. you have made a great choice, cloth addiction is a great one.
    except hubby usually doesn't agree

oh i dont use liners, found the disposable ones gave her a rash and no rash since only having the bamboo against her skin

WOMB: kawazukee long haul..

Rockin Green is in stock at Ninky Bear.... but it's selling out FAST!!

Thanks Kawazuki I know what you mean about DH not sharing the joy of cloth

I'm having problems at the moment. I can't stop buying different nappies to try! The latest is 2 Bambooty's. I just know I'm going to get the hard word from DH soon as we really can't afford the amount I've been spending but I argue it will save us money in the long run.

Do any of you like BBH Petites? They seem to cut into DS as the elastic is pretty tight - he's still at the lighter end of the weight range for a medium so I wouldn't have thought he needed a large. Just wondering if there's any secret to getting them to fit well without cutting in? Maybe they will be hanging out towards the bottom of the pile for us.

Itty Bitty d'lish, GF and Widdle Wun`s are my top three today.

WOTB: Bonnibuns

Oh, and how many of you use Rockin' Green?

I use BBH petites! We just started using the medium size and that has really helped with the cutting in factor but yes, I agree they do seem to be on the smaller side. Are yours new? I only ask because apparently they have changed their sizing to increase for the thigh area.

I am also interested in the Rockin Green stuff - how many of you are using it? Do you use it for MCN's and clothes? We use aware sensitive and find it great but I keep hearing rave reviews about the rockin green so maybe I should find out what the fuss is about.

WOHB: BBH Night Nappy with Thirsties cover

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast