Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: * Herbal Remedies & Supplements for TTC

Hello Jenhome, hope you don't feel we've been ignoring your question. If you go to my posting "TMI warning - CM", there's some advice about green tea. I've been drinking it since
    Good luck with your TTC journey.

Green tea as far as I know is fine while TTC.
    It does lower you BP though, so you need to be careful in pregnancy.

Green Tea is fine during pregnancy. You can get decaf Green Tea as well. Green Tea has the effect in some women of increasing the amount and quality of fertile CM.

The thing you need to be sure of though is that you increase your intake of Folate if you DO drink Green Tea as studies have shown it to deplete supplies of folate in your body.

Be aware too that the "generic" dosage of folic acid is recommended as 400mcg (micrograms). This is only the correct amount in an ideal world. Folate is necessary to help the prevention of neural tube defects and can possibly also be beneficial for good implantation (according to recent studies).

Hope that helps.

Lisa

Jenny Guest

Hi everyone

Thanks for the advice. Its been really helpful and I will look into suggestions.

Jen

Anybody want to add?

Default Vitex

Hi ladies,

If anyone had any info on Vitex I would love to hear about it. I went and bought some yesterday and started taking it today but would like to know if any one has had any sucess using it. I am currently taking a break from TTC for a few months and haven't had a period since we withdrew my FSH injections due to having too many follies and since I have PCOS I don't get a regular period. My longest cycle was 89 days and that was ended with Provera I was really hoping that this combined with some weight loss might see a return in AF although I am not holding my breath but I want to try all options. And if anyone has had any luck using anything else to bring on AF (other than Provera) can you please let me know also.

TIA

Cherryrose Guest

I used Vitex as I had a feeling my progesterone levels were low. I had come off the BCP and the cycles that followed had luteal phases where my temperature would drop about 5-6 days after ovulation. I read about Vitex on the net and started taking it at CD5. Instantly my temps levelled. I know people will say herbs take a while to work, all I can say is the day I started taking it AF petered out (normally would have it till CD7) and the days that followed I had level temps. After O my temp stayed high and I got pregnant on that cycle. So for me it worked. Would also like to add I started taking B6 later in that cycle as well.

Hey KT girl

Just wanted to say that I often think of you and are continuing to hope for your dreams to be fulfilled.

Wishing you all the best...you deserve it!

Hi Kt, I tried it for about 3 months and it did nothing for me. But I don't have pcos or the same probs as most people who've had success with it - my problems are more physical than hormonal.

I'd give it a try if I were you though, you never know, it might work. I've also heard taking the B6 with it is a good idea.

Thanks for your replies girls.

Willow- When is this wait over??? for you

Monnie- Thanks for thinking about me. I am so glad that everything is going well for you. I can't beleive you are 13 weeks now. Wow that went fast for you

Cherryrose- Glad that it worked for you. I am really hoping it will do something for me as well so I will keep my fingers crossed

Maybe I should get some B6 as well. Hmm I am going to be full of vitamins soon, I have still been taking folate as well as a multi vitamin for women, now Vitex and possible B6. Oh well it is all good for you.

Thanks again ladies.

After coming off bcp, I took (liquid) Vitex for just over 3 months which was enough to get my cycle down from 35-45 days, to 30 days on the dot.

I do recommend it if your hormones are a bit out of wack.

I got all excited after reading these posts and did some surfing on Vitex - planning to buy some - then saw that it reduces the amount of FSH you produce. So since my problem is I'm NOT producing FSH, it's probably not suitable for me. *sigh*

Default Green tea

Hi ladies,

Why is it again that we shouldn't drink green tea while TTC. I know it is not an issue for me at the moment as I am on a break from TTC but for when we start trying again I would like to know. Also is Camomile tea ok?

Hi Kate - thats weird.... I heard you SHOULD drink green tea while TTC, something to do with the antioxidents or something improving cervical fluid. I'm not an expert though. You hear so many things. I got Kaz Cooks Up the Duff book yesterday (I'm not UTD yet) and it has a whole section on herbs to avoid, essentail oils that cause miscarriage, and vitamins too. She says that Vitamin A is the worst... it can bring on AF apparently. Good luck hun

I think its OK to drink green tea in the lead up to a bfp but i know there is something about not drinking it afterwards...?? I think if you google green tea pregnancy you might find the answer..HTH

Lisa

I've heard green tea can boost your fertility - not that it helped us! I don't see why you wouldn't be able to drink camomile tea...

Thanks ladies. I will have to do some searches on google. That would be great if it did boost fertility. I need all the help I can get lol. I do take a little extra folate as well because I take the normal folate every day and also a womans multi that has folate in it as well.

Thanks again

Mrs P, it still might be good to try it for a few months if your cycle isn't regular. Then stop when it is.

You can't take it while you're pregnant anyway so you can't take it forever

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast