Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First time TTC

Ngala and lee, i totally know where you are coming from as far as weird looks and concern from people. DH and i just got married in November and soon after people were telling us, "I hope you plan on waiting some time before the kids come along, enjoy life together cause once the kids are here it all changes!" I felt like telling them to stick their comments! Who are they to tell DH and I what to do with our lives? We thought about it and talked lots together and decided that we want to be a young family. I want to be a young yummy mummy! This way when the kids are old enough and move out we will still be young enough (40's) to enjoy our lives. Had you asked me two years ago if i wanted to have a baby at 22 i would have said Hell No!! But at the moment i cant think of anything better. Doesnt help when DH is soooooooo CLUCKY! I cant wait!!

So true!!! I think exactly the same way..nice to know I'm not the only one that thinks this way!

Sorry if i missed this Lee, but just out of curiosity how long were you TTC brfore BFP?

This pregnancy it was our first cycle after a MC (and D and C)...

I want to be a young family too! To be able to have the energy to keep of with them! DP and I just recently bought our house, before that we had a lil bit of 'fun' but now that we have our home, we are staying quite mellow. All our friends (mostly males) go out on the weekends and blow all their money and wonder at the end of the week where it all went! We are happy to start our family now and we still feel like we can have fun when the kids come!

We have actually been asked when the first baby will be! LOL not by my side of the family, DP's side of the family. They put me on the spot when DP's grandparents came over from NZ for their yearly visit, DP's mum said that hopefully next time they come over to visit there will be another member of the family! It was a bit embarrassing but rather funny as well

ooh Katkins!! That excites me!! Fell asleep myself last night...... LOL!!

TashieD - will keep the pillow thing in mind still... that squishy botbot feeling and the mess LOL!!! & always seems to be on my side of the bed too!! LOL!! (sorry if TMI there!!)

Well goodluck Charlyfrog! Just fall asleep and let all the lil swimmers do their job!

I know what you mean tho! Gotta hate it when that happens.

Ooohh I cant wait to get home tonight! I have too much time on my hands here at work.

Hello ladies, I'd like to join in on your conversation, if that's ok. I'm one of the oldies on here (35 - ahem!!) and I think the disapproval you're getting is a generational thing. I was 27 when I got pregnant with DD and I was one of the first amongst my friends to do so. Us GenXers were brought up with the idea that you had to go out there and 'establish' yourself and get your 'career' going, then have your children in your thirties. That was what they told us being successful was about. The Gen Ys (that's you guys, by the way) don't seem to have swallowed this, I guess you're lucky enough to see the ways in which the Gen Xers are now doing it tough (ie no such thing as a single career these days, I'm onto my third) and esp with fertility difficulties after age 35, it doesn't necessarily seem like such a great idea any more. Plus the average workplace is so much more family friendly than even 10-15 years ago. So I think it's going to swing back the other way, and we'll see more and more younger women starting their families earlier again, like you. I think there's recently been an increase in the birth rate and they're saying it's because the tail end of the Gen Xers are now in their thirties and finally having babies, while the Gen Ys aren't waiting in the same way.

Go for it, girls!
    :-)

TashieD - I am so sorry that I forgot my brain in my last post - all I could think of was the pillow idea (LOL!) How rude!!
    It's great to have you in here as well and I'm sorry for all that you went through but am so excited to read how excited you are at having another littl'n!!

Hope your TTC journey is short and oh so sweet!!

Marydean - yay! My SIL was/is one of those who say to youngies - oh so much time - don't get 'stuck' at home and to her I say :nana: (LOL!) I had DD at 25 and am currently TTC (or as Ngala has picked up, TNTC - LOL!) for no 2 at 27yrs. I love the fact that as DD and future munchkins grow, I will have all this energy still when they are in late teens etc. I too say to the younger girls (can't believe that I am saying that!) GO FOR IT!! Bring those gorgeous bambinos on!! (so we can smell them and snuggle them and eat them all up....in the motherly way of course!! LOL!!)

Welcome Marydean The more the merrier I say!!

I see where you are coming from with the genXers being told to go out and build yourself a career and then start a family. I was firstly thinking this way a few months ago. I was actually planning to quit the job I am at now, or even go part time and study architecture at TAFE and then once all that is done have a baby.. But now I am thinking that I can have a baby, and also study architecture parttime, or if I'm lucky, find a course that can be done from home! Not sure if there is such a thing but its worth a try in looking for something.

Ngala, LOL That's a very GenY attitude - multitasking and making your lifestyle flexible to fit your goals!! Way to go with finding the flexible study options, it seems to be more and more an option these days, good for ppl who want to work and study at the same time too. TAFE courses in particular seem to be quite flexible, but a few of the Unis are doing good things with distance ed as well.

I too am going to be enrolling for Uni next year, by distance ed through Charles Sturt Uni. However, I'm very aware that life becomes quite chaotic when there's a new little bubba, so will be taking it one unit at a time and we'll see how that goes. I have a dear friend who started uni a semester before she had her first DS and and finally finished a semester before she had her third DS, so yes, it can be done, but it's a lot of hard work!

Hi girls, That's so funny about your buys, when my DP and i agreed on a baby i was so excited i wanted to pick out names straight away, DP wouldn't even discuss it. I then started looking at ebay and bidding low prices for things just incase i got them and with some things i did eg baby rocker (brand new) $35 and baby carrier (strap on front of you brand new) $10. Now it's been 5 months and no baby yet they are kind of hard to look at and even lent carrier to a friend going on holidays, so i suggest wait until the BFP then have a ball painting, buying etc. Good luck for next month.

Hi again , hope it's ok if i join didn't realise how many pages your convo had gone for spoke about a page one convo previous thread . To the pillow talk and when to bd how often etc. A friend of mine has a 3 month old girl, she had irregular periods, and instead of doing any OPK or BBT they BD every second day (allows sperm build up), in the morning (apparently DP is less tired well rested) and the pillow for at least 20 mins (be careful if prone to UTI's bad when TTC). It worked quickly for them although had a MC (very early) after having a UTI and taking medication.
    Also there is nothing wrong with being young mum i have been ready for kids since i was 20 but due to study, money and travel (didn't happen) and a proposal (LOL still waiting) we held off now we have a house, puppy Bonnie and are very in love it feels so right, So good luck Jane

Jane - you are more than welcome to join in! Its great hearing other peoples experiences Defiently going to wait before buy anything for the bub! Most of the main things, like cot, pram and all that stuff I will be able to get my my sis or DP's sis as they have had boys. Hey! If we have a boy we will get all their clothes too! Sorry to hear about your m/c! I hope that it is a lot better for you this time round.

Marydean - good luck with the uni! Hopefully all goes well with that! Life will become chaotic trying to juggle study and your family. But it will be worth it! I hope that by the time I am 25/26 I would have a baby, thats a couple of years old that will be able to go in to day care a few times a week while I go to TAFE.

Hi All,

Lee - Sorry about your loss. I wish you all the and in the world! I just realised i sent you all BLUE vibes, never mind, blue or pink as long as it is happy and healthy.

Marydean - Welcome. Thanks for all your GenX and GenY info. Very interesting and very true

DH and i have already bought a few BONDS baby outfits, (they are so sute we couldnt resist and with 25% off how could we say no) DH is so adamant he wants a girl that im scared of the thought that it will be a boy. I know he will love it and be happy no matter what but he wants a girl so badly i hope he gets his wish! He has even picked her name. All we need now is

Is anyone else's partner/husband this excited? DH will even rub my belly in bed sometimes and talk to it and tell it to hurry up and grow... So so cute!

I just went back through the posts and realised i forgot to say JaneO Wish you all the best!

Oh that IS cute WalkingArt I wish my DP did that but he, I guess, doesnt show is emotions very much!! And it is only the second cycle TTC, so we havent been at it very long for him to start getting anxious!

DP wants to have a boy first - as most men do! He thinks that it runs in his family so he hopes its going to be a boy! I dont mind either way as long as I get to bring a baby in to the world. Hey, theres a slight chance I could have twins!

I havent bought anything yet but it is a good idea to get stuff when it is on special! I have thought of names already!! I live Aiden for a boy and Alexis for a girl.

So hows everyones day going? Ever one well and truly in to TTC?? My day is soo boring and going sooo slowly! Cant wait to go home tonight and TTC - AF has left so I'm ready to start!

Hello, I'm so not a first time TTCer (!!!) but I've just been loving this thread cos it's all so exciting(!!!!)

DH is rapt we're going for another, I think he didn't want to pressure me for #2 (cos like he says, it's me who does all the hard work) but now we've decided, he's ten times more excited than first time round. We're both hoping a boy this time (always thought a pigeon pair would be nice) and yes, I've been indulging in Op Shopping, I have a whole box full of (mostly unisex) little garments that I just haven't been able to resist... at 50c-$2 it's hardly breaking the bank and it keeps me entertained so I don't become a forum addict...!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast