Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First time TTC

Slow day!! Tell me about it I feel like i have been on these forums alllll day because im bored, and i think it has to do with TTC being on my mind ALL the time!

Haha, you sound like me, as soon as AF was gone i was straight into BD. I know they say to focus mainly around ovualation but i dont care do it from now till we get our BFP or AF! LOL

As for twins, does anyone know which side of the family it has to be on. DH has twin uncles and they say it skips a generation so does that mean there is a possibility it could happen or does it have to be on the females side of the family? DH says he cant think of anything better than twins, as for me :eek: Not for the first time around anyway!

Hi ladies i have had a busy day had girls from work around for lunch (we have school hols off) but secretly couldn't wait for them to leave so i could get back on this site i am loving it..
    On the buys it is hard to resist bargains but with so many friends having babies i just say they are for them but then keep the things i Love.

On names we have always loved Cooper John and when we decided to start trying DP went off the name but now we are back to it i can't think of any other name i woul dlove more although i do like Luka and Lukas. Girls name are hard as DP is convinced we are going to have 3 boys:eek: his cousin has 3 boys and they are beautiful but full on.... I love Lily but his mate has one so we have agreed on it as a middle name, i like Kyah said Ky ah but am worried that people will think it is Kia (as in car).

Twins i think can be either side of the family my mums aunty had 3 sets of twins some didn't survive which makes my cousins and me primed to have them scary.:eek: although i have always said i want a Boy twin boy girl and a little girl last.
    Forgot to add about excited DP he will rub my tummy and say he can't wait to have a little Andrew in there the more it goes on the more excited he is getting he is looking at other babies and asking questions about stuff i think it has mainly been since our close friends announced they were expecting and know his Brother and SIL are expected in May so kind of glad they won't be at same time or a month apart i want attention on me they are having second child they have a beautiful 17 month old girl Poppy....

Hope you are having a great day.
    Jane
    Last edited by janeo; September 28th, 2006 at 04:38 PM.

HAHA marydean 50c-$2 is a bargain! Its good to have you on here because you are able to give us advise from your first time TTC!

WalkingArt - I've been on these forums all day as well. My head is overloaded with information! What cycle day are you at now? i want to start right away! I dont feel like waiting around until ovulation and because this is my first month temping I am afraid that I might miss ovulation! Better to be safe than sorry i say!

i THINK but dont quote me on this, that twins comes from the females side of the family and that it skips a generation. My mum was a twin, but unfortunately her twin brother passed away at only a few weeks old. So there isonly me and my sis in the family, so I could be having the twins! I'd like to have twins - a boy and a girl. I say this because I only want 2 kids at the moment and I'd be able to have them in one go! But it would be so much hard work....

Janeo - LOL thats funny you secretly wanting the girls to leave so you can get on here! I feel like that when I have someone at work talking to me.. I get real annoyed when they just hang around and talk to me for ages!

Kyah is nice and I said it as Ky ah too! Girls names are real hard I think. I am set on Aiden for a boy and not too sure on the girl. I like the name Kayla but I think DP knows somone that has a girl called that. I went through a whole pile of girls names and he said no we cant have that because....

ooohh I want my DP to start rubbing my tummy! Maybe that will help conceive?!

Sorry about the long post but I am Oh So Bored!!

I write big posts too talking is my thing... I like Kayla too... I have the problem with names as i work in childcare and if you have had a trouble child you don't like the name or if you have a child you really connect with then you love the name... My DP is the name no can't have that because... i really like Lukas but no because a footballer from my team has it for a last night (arse), Mason no because his parents next door neighbour surname is Mason and he doesnt like him, He agreed on Tyler but then remembered that one of the guys at our footy club has a Tyler. Anyway everyone says that when you fall pregnant it could all change plus i also believe in meeting the child before naming i have had a couple of friends say they had a couple of names picked out but until they saw the baby they couldn't decide and one said she really liked the other name and DH liked Molly but when she saw her she said no defiantely a Molly.. Have fun being bored at work...

Jane

hehehe you girls are funny!! I think it's easy to get caught up and obsessive with TTC and BB isn't it!! Bring on these babies I say!

Thanks for the sticky vibes and baby dust WalkingArt! Must admit, that at the moment I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the thought that this pregnancy may possibly end in MC again and not a healthly little bub..must try and be positive....

Veronica I agree, i think twins do come from the maternal side..

Jane, I thought that was funny that you were wanting the girls you had over to leave! Because I must admit, I find sneaking off to the computer all the time (to avoid DH saying I am addicted to this when I am surely not!

hope everyone is feeling good and ready for their big month...

Hey girls!

Oh you make me feel soooo normal....so it's not just me looking at buying stuff (have already collected new toys & books for bubs#2....still TTC#2 as well! LOL!) and it's not just me thinking of names and it's not just me jumping on the forum every single chance I get!!!! LOL!!!! And it's not just me hanging for the next BD session!!!

Is anyone due to test qround Oct 14/15th?? Now that my cycle is up to 32 days this is my 'due' weekend.....so am fast heading into the TWW-blahblahblah!! - so currently BD like mad......DH is looking tired...... LOL!!!

You do have a point there Jane with not really naming the baby until you see it. The name you want could not match the bub and then you'll be stuck! Hey, I was meant to be called Martin because mum thought I was going to be a boy!! Geez, she must have gotten a shock when I came out :P

Lee - things must be pretty overwhelming for you at the moment but you have go to stay positive! Everything should be fine.. I am sending you lots and lots of and

PHEW! I am not the only one! I feel really addicted to this forum.. I am pretty much on here all day at work (I close it sometimes to try and find some work but find it open again 30 mins later! LOL), I get back on here when I get back from the gym and I also have a sneak peak on here at 7am when I put in my data on to FF.. I do really think I have an addition. DP thinks I do!

Charlyfrog - well according to FF I am due for my next visit from AF on 8th of Oct. So I'll be testing before you!! So Excited! Cant wait to get home and get started!!

Geez.. moods are all over the place today! I am really excited now and only 30 mins ago I was REALLY angry. I am not normally like this...

I'm around 23rd but with irregular AF who really knows lots of money spent on OPK well a friend gave me some cos she didn't need to fell easy with DS and is due any minute with No2 making them 17mths apart...:eek: So will be madly BD next week DP can't wait... Thinks we should practice thinks it will make perfect but going to wait until sunday then start BD and doing OPK just to make sure..
    I just looked at the clock and have been on here or at fertility friend for 2 hrs goes so fast. This site has been the best thing i have some across all you guys are amazing...
    Buying things is insane but so hard to resist DP just says your hopeless.. I did family day care for 2 years and collected heaps of toys(2boxes) and books(4boxes full) and then claimed on tax so have everything need in way of toys well neally everything. This site has also kept me away from ebay and i don't spend money we need for the future LOL.
    with BD and lots of and pinkdust....
    Last edited by janeo; September 28th, 2006 at 06:21 PM.

Hi Girls! Hope all is well.. I am getting excited - going to start the BD soon! LOL

My darling DP showed some interest tonight. I came on here after the gym and he turned to me and asked - Does that site tell you how to make twins?! I'd like to have twins! We then started talking about the names I like and he knows people called Aiden and Alexis! AHH he knows all the names I like!

Anyways, everyone with the

Isn't that just poopoo when you like a name but then either you or your dp think of someone they know, and worse still, they don't like with that name?!?! I couldn't bring myself to use names that someone we didn't get along with had!!
    Still, the name you will eventually choose will end up being the only name that your little bubba should have!!

And big fat for you Ngala! LOL!!

Yeh I know what you mean charlyfrog! If you pick a name and you know someone with that name then its best that you like them. DP likes to name Josh, I HATE it tho because my ex-bf was called Josh!

I think it might be a bit too early for the sticky vibes but thanks anyways!

Hi
    Im with you on naming .. its so hard and to tell you the truth we named Luke , Zack for about 2 hours and it just did not feel right ( I really wanted Zack so it was strange for me to change my mind) Anyway Luke was it and its perfect for him'
    TTC#2 now and im fast approching Ovulation and my DH and I are like ships passing in the night right now with different shifts at work etc.. ahh going to have to get some time to BD in the next few days !!
    Hopefully we all get the results we are after this month !!! how excitement.

Jane
    x

I love the name Luke i have had some kids at work called Luke and they are always beautiful natured boys, i have 3 at the moment. Names are so hard especially if you have friends and family having or had kids it starts to limit the names... I come from a smallise town where people our age we know most of them plus mine and DP age gap all his friends have kids and he wants to have names that none of them have or that no one at our footy club has..:eek: You also don't want your child to be the 5th Ella or whatever, but if you love the name its kinda like who cares. we had 2 ellas 2 sams and 2 maxs in the same kinda group very confusing but all great names... WHATEVER YOU DO DONT BUY A NAME BABY EVEN MORE CONFUSING read paper birth notices amgazines etc..

I kinda feel like my DD chose her own name, it kinda popped into my head one day when I was thinking about pregnancy, around the time we started TTC. The name - Hannah Sophia - suits her *perfectly*! Likewise with this next child, I was meditating one day and I looked down and it's like I could see my pregnant belly hanging out and inside i could see a little baby and in that instant another name popped into my head. From my research (it's a very old name) it's a boy's name, so we'll have to see...

Very exciting!

Jane and Jane (!) I've got to agree, I love the name Luke, it's strong and gentle at the same time. I have a special little godson Luke too, so also a special person to me too.
    :-)

Morning girls!

Have a bit of BD last night I tried the pillow thing and I wasnt very comfortable! And I also hate sleeping on my back. haha but I managed to stay like that til the early hours of the morning and then pulled it out.

Hope all is well today!
    Last edited by Ngala; September 29th, 2006 at 08:09 AM.

Hi All,

Wow you girls can talk. LOL it feels like i was only just in here and now look at all those posts! But its fun, i love coming into work and reading through them all.

Ngala - i am on cycle day 11 but have been BD since cycle day 5 with only one day break so far, you can call it fun or "practicing" Dh doesnt seem to mind(so far anyway)! This is my second month temping so its a little bit more exciting because FF gives you lots more info. i totally understand what you mean about people talking to you at work and getting annoyed, especially when you are in the middle of reading a great post! No one at work knows that i am TTC so its FRUSTRATING.

Lee - Positive thoughts!! You will have a bubba in your arms before you know it.

Charlyfrog - You crack me up. of course you are normal with all the baby stuff! As for testing, i have 35 day cycles so im not due to test for a while still. AF is due 23 Oct so will just have to keep enjoying the BD! I will also be looking forward to hearing abourt everyones

janeo - Good luck with BD and as DP said practice makes perfect!

I never really thought about names not suiting the baby. We have decided on Mariah (as in Carey) for a girl and Joshua for a boy. The only reason i would prefer a girl slightly over a boy is to use the name Mariah. I love it so i hope it suits the bub.

Glad you tried the pillow last night ngala, LOL that you slept with it under you. I only keep it under for 1/2 hour because as you said it is not the most comfortable position.

I am so in love with DH today. We had a BD session this morning as he will be home late tonight and probably wont be up for it (On wedensday we decided to BD every second day so today is due date for next session). I love how into TTC he is. I was woken by him staring into my face with a massive smile. He wispered to me, take your temperature followed by a big grin and kiss on my belly! Once he had left for work he SMS'd me I LOVE YOU! Just the fact that he remembers i have to take my temperature and reminds me is so cute. Im sorry this might sound stupid and very self absorbed but its nice when the male half is just as into it as you are.

Wow, this is one LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGG post. SORRY! Well better go do some work now!

Marydean - we felt the same way about our DD - I went thru a couple of name books and read them out to DH who replied for ALL of them, "nup." Tad frustrating!!
    Anyways, he picked up a book and after 10mins said our DD's name and we both burst into tears at how beautiful it was - so we knew it was the right one. Funny too, we found it so hard to pick a boys name, even though we didn't know if we were having a boy or girl until bubs was born - but even then, the boys name never gave me the same feeling that our DD's name did - our DD was meant to be!!

NGala - good on you!! LOL!! Just enjoy the BD girl.....you'll catch that egg when you're supposed to!!

WalkingArt! - you have such a beautiful thing with your DH!! That's so precious and special!! I too am blessed with a softy, romantic and 'squishy' one - when I haven't worn him out - ROFL!!!!! Yay for them!!!!....it's like they know how blessed they're gonna be when they're 'mini-them', boy or girl, pops into the world..... my DH first time around would play dance music to my belly because I'm a jazz freak, and whilst DH has come to appreciate it more, he certainly didn't get it back then so didn't want bubs to be led astray!! LOL!!

Oh and re: no one knowing that you are TTC - just a thought... smile alot thinking about the life changing event you are working towards (and all the fun in the meantime!!) - it'll probably frustrate them more wondering WT-hey you're up too!! LOL!!!

I agree charlyfrog, we are blessed with our DH!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast