Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Gender Swaying Information #6

whoa!!! yay!!! congrats hun!!!!! good luck w your blood test!
    so so happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSlice View Post
    hmm...http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/c...&ts=1254893204

Does that work? Not sure how to do this exactly, do you need my password or something?
    Nup... still not right. Should look like this Ooops: Home Page Unavailable - Fertility Friend OnLine
    (that isn't a real link BTW)

Congrats smamfa!! I am sure all will be great!!

Thanks guys - things are looking good now (phew!), bleeding has stopped and levels are doubling - yay!

Goodluck all in your swaying efforts

Hello :-)

I haven't been on this forum for a while now - not since I had my little boy 18 months ago.

We are going to start ttc Jan next year, and REALLY hoping for a little girl this time - which will complete our family. If we have another boy, I think I am gonna have a tough time trying to convince DH to go for number 3!

I have been reading up on the girl diet, timing for dtd etc for a while now, but just out of curiosity, I'm wanting to know how many of you have tried it for a specific gender, and actually got what they were hoping for? It seems like a whole lot of hard work if the statistics are not great - but then again, if you're desperate, I guess you try anything hey.

The chinese birth chart indicates that if we ttc in Jan & Feb, we will have a baby girl. I never followed it for my 1st baby, but when I checked it out, BOY was correct for when he was conceived! Probably just coincidence, but hey, may as well give it a go for a GIRL this time round!

So do you think i should make an appt with a naturopath to sus out the supplements or will I be right to just buy them from a chemist?

I think I'll be right doing the supplement part of it, but the PH testing scares me a bit! What do I buy - is it just an ovulation kit?

Also, why is it that there are 2 girl receipes going around - the "have sex every day after period & stop 2-3 days before ovulation" and then the "O +12" receipe.
    They seem to contradict each other don't they?!?! Hmmmm... so very confusing.

The Chinese Birth chart was wrong for both of my Daughters that were suppose to be sons. I'm not sure how much weight I'd put in that. This time it's calling for a boy again. I guess we'll see. Good luck on your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie82 View Post
    Hello :-)

So do you think i should make an appt with a naturopath to sus out the supplements or will I be right to just buy them from a chemist?

I think I'll be right doing the supplement part of it, but the PH testing scares me a bit! What do I buy - is it just an ovulation kit?

Also, why is it that there are 2 girl receipes going around - the "have sex every day after period & stop 2-3 days before ovulation" and then the "O +12" receipe.
    They seem to contradict each other don't they?!?! Hmmmm... so very confusing.
    I would just get the sups from a chemist or a health shop

You can buy pH test strips online... ebay I think I got mine

As for the timing of intercourse let me explain a little. The reason for the cutoff and frequent BD is to lower the sperm count (frequent BD), which favours XY sperm and make the sperm swim through CM that is not ideal... has a lower pH. The O+12 is the same. I think you are suppose to get your partner to 'release' before your attempt. So you get him to release without intercourse or with a condom within 24hrs (can be anytime in that 24hrs... I think) of the real attempt, this will lower his sperm count. So when your CM changes from fertile to more creamy you have ovulated and your CM is becoming more acidic. This is when to ttc a girl.

Does that help?

I tried for a girl and am having one all i did was timing i stopped dtd 5 days before ovulating.My partner has 5 boys 2 which we have together thats why we tried for a girl.I did the diet and couldnt keep to it and changing my ph was near impossible so we dtd very early in the morning about 2/3am cause that is when your ph is lowest and we stopped 5 days before O it worked for us.

Goodluck it is a very trying and stressful thing to gender sway.

Thumbs up

Thankyou for the info Tanya! I have a friend who followed the Dr Shettles method for a girl a few years back, but got a boy. She told me how you have to have sex from the time your period stops, every day (to cull male sperm - which there are more of in comparison to female), stop intercourse 2-3 days prior to ovulation, which in that time, the male sperm should die off (as they can't survive in the acidic environment), leaving way for the stronger/more sturdy female sperm to get to the egg first! Is that correct?

So I'm gathering just before & just after ovulation is when the environment is most acidic - which is when your PH level is at its lowest????

I have no idea about taking my temp & charting etc - not sure how or when to do it even! So I need to do this to know when I'm ovulating as well as the PH strips to know when I'm most acidic? Geez, this is getting technical. hehehe..

I think what I need to do is start charting to practice. You almost gotta be a scientist to do this don't you! HAHAHAHA...

oh gosh, we are hoping for a girl but i dont think i could handle DTD from the end of AF to just before O. am worn out on a normal day just looking after a 20mth old!!!

Prama, Maybe O+12 would suit you?? Abstinence will also lower the sperm count

Jodie, studies have shown lower sperm count the higher the number of girls sperm. Not sure what the ratio is tho. It is also said that frequent BD lowers the sperm count. And as I said to Prama, so will 6+ days of abstinence.

As for your friend, she may have a naturally high pH and may have had other contributing boy factors. I think I posted a few pages back about the factors of swaying. And timing is one of the factors, however it is one that is not of greatest importance.

Low pH is said to freeze the XY sperm, and visa versa for high pH.

I would start charting and tracking your pH now. if you aren't ttc just yet, OPK's may not be needed at the moment.

thanks tanya - i just looked up the O+12 method and it's less confusing (and tiring!) than the shettles method. will try this month. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    studies have shown lower sperm count the higher the number of girls sperm.
    D'oh! I know my dh has a high sperm count because he got tested when we were trying with ds. I suppose what's done is done this time anyway!!! I was thinking, there is that article about how um (haven't gone back and checked so this is from memory) whereabouts the placenta is attached (ie. right side or left side) is predictive for a boy or girl... I was thinking I would ask which side the placenta is on at my first ultrasound. Hmm, I wonder if they meant the right side of the mother or the right side as the dr looks at her???? Will have to go and read that article thoroughly!

I think it's the right side for boy and left for girl....

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance4agirl View Post
    I read a way back about the corect sudafed, which i did use you have to get this from behind the counter its not available on te shelf, hope this helps for all those ttc pink xx
    What was the name of the Sudafed that you bought Lastchance4agirl? Was it the little red tablets? There are so many Sudafeds available, just wondered if it needed to be a specific one. Do you know if you are having a pink or blue baby yet???

That is confusing LimeSlice! Is it possible that there was something else causing the dip? An OPK might help you figure that out.
    It's pretty unusual to ovulate twice isn't it...

With charting, do people use any old thermometer from the supermarket, or do you need a 'good' one? I think mine is pink with Cinderella on it? How very adult of me...you can see why I am in here learning about how to get a girl after my boys.

Heiditiana Guest

Default Hello Ladies

Hello there,

Well good luck everyone with your TTC your little man or woman.

I myself are TTC a little boy if possible. I already have a little girl who is 3 and I quite honestly would be happy with a healthy baby of either sex but my DH would love a little boy.

so anyway I have a question in relation to OPK and CM. hopefully some of you ladies can give me your imput.

my cycle is usually 29 days or so. so last week I did a OPK (my first ever one) on day 13 thinking that I would ovulate on day 15. It came up positive and then I started getting my usual cramps that i get when i ovulate. so i figured i had 24-36 hrs before O. I then did a test 6 hrs later and it was negative. I was really worried I was going to miss my O.
    I dont usually get much CM and when trying to test for the BBT in the past I kept forgetting so i gave that up.
    anyway so i gave it 12 hrs and BD that night (thurs) thinking thats within the limits for a boy. The next morning (friday) I felt some twinges so we BD again. i had cramps all day again.
    The next day (saturday) i actually got some EWCM which lasted until Sunday afternoon. so we BD again on Sunday morning.
    so sorry to tell you my saga but Im just confused as to when my actual O was!!
    can your EWCM come late? Im thinking if i wasnt getting much CM prior to O then the sperm wouldnt have made it anyway....any advice girls???

thanks for listening....

Jeepers! LOL

As for your OPK it may be that your urine was less concentrated the 2nd time around. Did you test the next day or only that once and then 6hrs after? It is quite possible you were catching the VERY beginning of your surge.

TBH, I would say you O'd late Saturday.

When TTC a boy if the best attempt you should keep BD to a minimum (about 4 days abstinance is gives the best sperm cound which also favours boy sperm) and only with EWCM.... So if you haven't fertile CM then you probably aren't O'ing... Don't panic, your body will tell you when you are O'ing.

xx

HI JODIE82

I hope you do not mind me jumping in but I saw this post and I recently asked someone the same question! Maree from the a-gender gender swaying site told me that it is best the sudafed contains an active ingredient called pseudoephedrine as that dries up the CM.
    They all used to contain this but some are sold without it in now apparently.
    Hope this helps- good luck

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast