Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Gender Swaying Information #6

Hi Guys, its getting to that time again (geez!) my DS2 is about to turn 1 and I am starting to look at pregnant women with a bit more interest. We, of course, besotted with our 2 boys will be happy to welcome any new spirit into our home, but are also prepared to do what we can to sway for a girl without resorting to artificial intervention.
    I have been googling lately, and I am up to speed with the whole calc/mag thing and the ph thing, but I was wondering, has anyone tried the Baby Gender Selection Program which claims to be based on a 'crucial dates' method & Ph levels combined? And, has anyone tried the Astrology based Jonas Method with the Odan Institute which claims to be 96-98.9% accurate?
    I must admit that I am pretty skeptical, but I also like to think that I am open minded..... so I thought I would check with BB and see if any of you can shed some light. It costs money, of course, to order your personalised boy/girl crucial dates or astrological boy/girl ovulation calendar - although one is avail for only $30 AUD so it wouldn't be such a tragedy if it turned out to be rubbish.
    Thoughts anyone?

The only things I would suggest to ppl who want to sway for a baby of a particular sex is an aussie program called a-gender (love the two women who run it, they get a lot of creadit for my little boy), an online community called ingender and do loads of reading! I think everything else is just a scam and based on too little research to be statistically significant.

Hope that helps

Thanks Tanya, I will look into that one.

:-)

Hi,

I thought I posted a few days ago but my post obviously didnt go through properly. So DH and I will be ttc a girl next year, mostlikely starting feb/march. Although we aren't going to be trying yet I have been recording the length of my cycles since they returned after ds2 and as of this cycle I have started using ff again and using opk's to pin point ovulation and have been doing a lot of research into gender swaying options.

I think the in gender website is great, LOTS of info..quite overwhelming to begin with but if you do a little t a time and just keep going back for more info you start to get it eventually.

At this stage I am thinking we will be doing o=12 combined wiht supplements, timing, diet, checking ph and maybe douching...you can use just a tampon to do this.

Looking forward to chatting and getting lots of info before we start ttc

Yes - Thanks heaps for the recommendation Tanya - A-Gender is a very comprehensive website. I was interested to see that they do use lunar/planetary influences & dates as well as the biological approaches to diet/ph/timing etc. Not sure if they have always done so but there is an interesting blog article on boy/girl energy dates & birth outcomes on their website.
    I'm not sure if they recommend douching though, as I haven't ordered a kit yet, but I did find this article warning about douching on another gender swaying website - may be worth a read for those of you considering it!

I would like to take the opportunity to warn you
    about a well known and commonly used pH balancing
    method that could possibly hurt you and your baby.

Unfortunately, a lot of women are doing this to
    raise or lower the pH level of their reproductive
    tract and they don't even know that they put their
    own and their future baby's health at risk.

I am talking about the use of water & vinegar OR
    water & baking soda feminine va~ginal douche.

The chemicals in va~ginal douches may irritate your
    va~gina and change the normal balance of good bacteria.

Douching also can spread an infection from your
    va~gina or cervix up into the uterus, increasing
    your risk of getting pelvic inflammatory disease
    (also called PID).

PID is a painful infection of the fallopian tubes
    that can cause you to be unable to get pregnant.
    Please don't take this warning lightly.

Here's an article on the subject from the Office on
    Women's Health in the Department of Health and
    Human Services of the United States:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Douching is rinsing or cleaning out the va~gina (also
    called the birth canal) by squirting water or other
    solutions (such as vinegar, baking soda, or douching
    solutions you can buy at drug and grocery stores)
    right into the va~gina.

The water or solutions are held in a bottle and
    squirted into the va~gina through tubing and a
    nozzle.

Health care providers do NOT recommend douching
    because it changes the delicate chemical balance
    in the va~gina (and the vaginal flora), which can
    make a woman more prone to bacterial infections.

It also can spread existing va~ginal or cervical
    infections up into the pelvic organs, including
    the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries.

Research shows that women who douche tend to have
    more problems than women who do not douche.

These problems include:

- Vaginal irritation
    - Vaginal infections (bacterial vaginosis or BV)
    - Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
    - Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)

Women who douche are also more at risk for getting
    pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). PID is an infection
    of a woman's pelvic organs.

It is caused by bacteria, which can travel from
    a woman's va~gina and cervix up into her pelvic
    organs. It can lead to ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy
    in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus) and
    infertility (not being able to get pregnant).

Both BV and PID can lead to serious problems during
    pregnancy, such as infection in the baby, problems
    with labor, and early delivery.

Research has shown that douching may affect a
    woman's ability to get pregnant. In women trying
    to become pregnant, those who douched had the
    lowest pregnancy rate.

Other research has shown a link between douching
    and having low birth-weight babies.

Studies also show that douching greatly increases
    the chance of ectopic pregnancy, which can be a
    life-threatening condition.

Ectopic pregnancy is when the fertilized egg attaches
    inside of the fallopian tube instead of in the uterus.

You can find out more about douching by contacting
    one of the following organizations:

National Women's Health Information Center (NWHIC)
    at: (800) 994-9662

Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
    at: (888) 463-6332

Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
    at: (800) 230-7526

American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
    (ACOG) at: (800) 762-2264

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Please share this article with other women you know
    who are trying to conceive because a LOT of them are
    actually using this "douching" method - as we speak!

They hope that by using a water & vinegar (or soda)
    douche, they will change their pH level and favor
    the conception of the desired gender.

Here are 2 reasons why women are lead to believe
    that using a va~ginal douche is "safe":

- Availability on the market
    - Dr. Landrum Shettles

If it comes from a doctor, it must be safe right?
    Well... most of the times.

We can't blame them for putting their gender selection
    hopes and dreams into the hands of a famous doctor.
    As a matter of fact, this douching technique comes from
    Dr Landrum Shettles and women from all over the world
    have been reading about it and using it with confidence
    for years.

But did you know that Dr. Shettles himself changed his
    mind several years ago and warned women NOT to use his
    douching method after all? Sadly, most women don't know
    and they are still douching, at their own risk.

Thanks to the Office on Women's Health in the Department
    of Health and Human Services of the United States, the
    warning has been posted all over the place.
    For your information, there are other 'SAFE' ways to
    balance your pH level.

hi all i will be ttc a girl sometime in the future prob mid to end next year but just wanted to pop ion

Hello, Mel and Joel and our son Koopah here just comeing in to say hello we are TTC we are trying for a girl my sister has 4 boys haha so i dont know how our chances are but worth trying we are more then happy to have another boy tho our son is 6 months old on friday so any tips and hints would be great some have told us eat dairy some say sex 3 days befor u ovulate some say 3 das after u ovulate so hmm ? took us 5 months to concive Koopah

Hi all

I have been reading Hazel Chesterman-Phillips book (successfully used by a BB friend who has very kindly passed it on!) and I had a breakthrough last month. I noticed I get tnder bbs about two days before I O and then on O day the EWCM, 10 days later exactly AF. So I can pick my O day by watching my body. Two months in a row exactly the same, so it makes our boy easier to TTC!

I've never been so excited about getting AF LOL.

How is everyone else going?

HI All,

I havent been on for a looonnngggg time and thought i would pop in to say hi.
    I have two gorgeous boys and would love to have a little girl.
    Will prob start trying soon.

Any tips for conceiving a girl would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!

saramac, did you try charting with either of your boys? It might give you an idea of when you conceived and how that affects your gender swaying. There's also heaps of info in the gender swaying info thread. http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/conc...ation-6-a.html <-- This is the thread.

Thanks Jennifer!

I never charted with my boys. It was all pot luck. I was never very good with noticing the slight changes my body did before i would O.
    Will have a look at the thread that you posted.

Thanks

i've been following this thread but havent posted in ages. I just wanted to say we have a little girl, and when we conceived her was very much the O+12 method.
    we were really going to try the following cycle but just thought we'd do a trial run. We dtd on the of my ovulation, that morning my temp had gone but and we dtd at night. So I thought we missed our window of opportunity and it was just a trial run anyway. We hadnt dtd for a while before that (at that time our son was almost 2, so we do get very tired!!) and that was the only time we dtd. It was a surprise that the one night worked.
    I didnt go on any special diet.
    but i rigorously charted my cycle: CM, temperature, saliva ferning (though this was never accurate for me) and OPKs.

Hope this helps...

That sounds good Jennifer - I am the same. Have been charting for years and you get to know what your body does. My mucus starts to change from thick and opaque to thinner and clearer 5 days before O, so even if my ovulation comes earlier or later, the amount of days with fertile mucus prior to O stays the same, which makes it easy to guage. The other potential tip or sign for me is that my 'O' pains hit a peak (become most prominent) the night before my first high temp. They are mildly present when the change in mucus occurs 5 days before O, but become gradually stronger and reach a peak right before the first temp spike so that pretty much confirms for me that ovulation is occuring close to the time when my O pain is at its strongest. If I wanted to conceive a boy (already have 2 so won't be doing it next time) I would just be able to run to the bedroom on the evening of the 5th day of fertile mucus, when O pains are at their peak. Its hard for me to avoid having boys because I get so errmmm - 'in the mood' shall we say, around ovulation!! he he. Plus your cervical mucus becomes more alkaline the closer you get to O so that favours a boy conception.
    I will have to restrain myself next time we TTC and go with the 3 days prior to O method....... sigh.

JB, you'll just have to wear yourself (and DH!) out for those days up to three before O and then the mood might not strike as strongly! These are all the signs I've read about. I don't have much CM during the remainder of my cycle (actually, for most of it I have none, just a bit of dry CM right before AF and the stuff a couple of days before and during O), which I thought was making it harder to track. Don't think this is any reflection on my fertility, although it may have contributed to our DD!

Prama, glad you got your little girl! Hope you are all settling in as a family of four.

thanks heaps jennifer :-)

Wow I didn't even know there was a thread like this, Its interesting that you can do different things to possibly influence gender....

Hi girls, this thread is pretty quiet so I hope someone is reading and can shine a little light on the topic for me because "far out" there are so many different ideas on swaying I don't know which one to do Our bub isn't even 10 weeks but I really want to sway for a girl next time round when we start to ttc again next year. Having said that I thought I'd better start researching if there are any new breakthroughs and what I found has done my head in! I thought that eating the acidic forming foods and DTD 4 days before ovulation would result in a girl but now according the o+12 method and taking the Lydia Pinkham's Herbal Compound (which is acidic) will result in a girl so which one is it? they are completely contradictory! With DS we prefered to have a boy 1st and took a while to get him so we were just happy to DTD a day before O and the day of O just to be pregnant and we thought my diet was pretty alkaline so more than likely we would have a boy but conceiving a girl seems a bit more tricky especially now I don't know what to do to sway. I'd like to hear from a mum who has had more than one boy and then swayed for a girl and was successful and what method they used?

Hi guys,

we are thinking of TTC in the new few months and i really want to give this a good go at trying for a girl.

with the diet is that for the male or the female? or both?

where can u get those ph strips from and how much are they?

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast