Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Gender Swaying Information #6

I have never had a d&c... but it took 8 cycles to conceive after my 1st m/c... I have never ever had any issues otherwise... So I am the same, freaking out that conception may take several months due to my m/c. Fingers crossed for both of us that is not the case... Gender swaying for an extended period is sooooo stressful!

Last edited by Tanya; July 21st, 2009 at 01:43 PM.

Yeah, i havent had any other issues either so i think thats why i am so worried.

I am so glad you get where i am coming from !

This is definitely a stressful way to conceive - i agree - the longer i have been doing this the harder it gets.

Sitting here now - i feel like AF is about to show up any minute - back ache and slight AF tummy pains. Whats going on ? Not due till tomorrow or Thursday - silly !

Will keep you posted.

Hi,

DH and I will start TTC#2 in Oct. We're going to be swaying for a pink one. I'm not going to stick to the diet strictly but I'm going to cut out salt, eat heaps of dairy and take the suppliments. I've been monitoring my pH for the last month or so. I've got a question regarding this....

"You just test your urine and the strip tells you where your levels are."

Sorry if I'm asking a really dumb question and being totally stupid but I've been testing my CM using the pH stips - not my urine. Is this a waste of time?

Thanks

Hi,

To sort of answer your question - the strips i have either test your urine or saliva. I test my urine. Sorry but i havent heard of testing your CM to get your PH levels.

Hopefully someone else will know.

Good luck with swaying !

Quote Originally Posted by principessa76 View Post
    Hi,

DH and I will start TTC#2 in Oct. We're going to be swaying for a pink one. I'm not going to stick to the diet strictly but I'm going to cut out salt, eat heaps of dairy and take the suppliments. I've been monitoring my pH for the last month or so. I've got a question regarding this....

"You just test your urine and the strip tells you where your levels are."

Sorry if I'm asking a really dumb question and being totally stupid but I've been testing my CM using the pH stips - not my urine. Is this a waste of time?

Thanks
    You need to test your CM.... that is what you need to keep an eye on because it will be what affects the sperm when you make your attempt.

For the diet I would also try to lower your potassium intake

Thanks for the rapid responses

The strips I bought are for urine or saliva but I figure pH is pH. So far my CM pH hasn't budged from 4.5 (yay) but then again I haven't O'd yet I have an extremely irregular cycle with PCO so in Oct I'll be back on the Clomid I think the difficulty will be for me that when I O on Clomid I get loads of EWCM. I'm thinking I'm going to have to opt for some Replens or Rephresh..... Seems like Aci-jel is impossible to get your hands on ATM.

Thanks for the extra info Tanya. I love my salt - especially since I'm running a lot ATM so that's going to be pretty tough. I'll have to review the list of potassium containing foods to watch them too.... luckily I hate bananas.

Thanks again. And I hope you both get your BFPs really soon.

Running is good for TTC a girl too And Clomid also sways girl also.... You could try sudafed to dry up your CM if you find you still get too much.

Potaoes, tomatoes, pears and celery are all full of potassium... the girl diet seems really hard!!

Oh no! Not tomatoes! I'm sitting down to a feast of cherry tomatoes as I'm writing This is going to be VERY tough! Yay that Clomid sways pink - at least that's something I guess.

I'm not going to get too hung up on the diet. I'm really going to make sure the pH is right though. I'm going to get DH taking some suppliment too and I've heard men that exercise heaps make girls - I'm guessing due to things being warmer down there DH is exercising ATM but unfortunately he's swimming so things would be nice and cool - got to get him on the treadmill.

Thanks again for the tips Tanya. I've got my fingers crossed for your BFP.

Hi Tanya,

How are you going - have you tested again ?

WARNING: VENT -
    Well, i have just lost all faith in the diet - swaying etc in general !
    I have just received a text from the friend who got pregnant after me. She had her scan this morning and its a GIRL ! I am so devastated !!

This is a lady who smokes alot and still is, drinks ONLY diet coke and eats alot of chocolate. Her diet isnt great - obviously. She already has 2 boys.

This goes against the diet big time - how am i meant to believe that it could possibly work ? Especially when i am doing the opposite !
    The only thing i can put my hopes on now is timing. Cause i have 3 boys and i have a way healthier diet than her.

Dont get me wrong - I am very happy for her - she has wanted a girl just as much as me.
    I am so sad because i was pinning all my hopes on this diet !

My week has gone from bad to worse.
    First AF shows up and now this.

VENT over !
    XO

Big CB, hopefully this next month will be the one for you .

AF arrived for me too CB.... *sigh* I hope this cycle brings better luck!

As for your friend's news... COngrats to her. But I know what you mean. There are so many factors that sway.
    This is quoted from someone I think really knows her stuff in regards to swaying (I have taken out things that may refer to where I got it from so if you would like the link pm me)....
    7 factors of swaying
    1. pH- this means the pH caused by diet, hormones, ions, supplements and douches. A douches is not as good as changing your pH through oral methods.
    2. Minerals- You NEED to track your Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium and Potassium. For ttc a girl and ttc a boy you have different targets to meet. Minerals are first obtained through diet then supplements.
    3. Diet- It is very important to stick to the gender diet as posted in the FAQ. 1000's of hours have gone into this diet. It is more than just a swaying diet as it encompasses all the studies (gender diet, pH, ions, minerals) into one diet.
    4. Hormones- This is only controlled through supplements, diet and drinks. Studies show that hormones play a huge role is swaying
    5. supplements- I put this in the 7 sway factors because it backs up so many of the factors.
    6. Timing- Many studies say that Timing does not work. However 3 newer studies say it may. Because of the new studies I have left Timing in the sway factors.
    7. Ions- Ions can effect the polarity of your egg and your pH. Ions come from many different sources and some people are as effect by them as others.
    So who knows what your friend had in her favour.... Also I believe and I know the woman I quoted above does also that the diet is one thing that is vital to gender swaying. I will say this in regards to your friend's diet... it was VERY acidifying!! Diet soft drink contains aspartimine (sp?) and that is a huge cm acidifier!! Chocolate is also. However you really don't want to consume these things cause they also prevent calcium absorbtion. So in one sway factor (pH) your friend's diet was good, but another factor (diet and minerals) it was not.

Has that helped at all?

Tanya,

Thanks so much for the info !
    I understand more now.

She just sent me a text asking me did i want to go shopping for pink stuff with her tonight ! Not quite sure how i feel about that !
    I should go cause i know i will enjoy it but at the same time i will be feeling very sorry for myself........

Sorry that AF turned up. Next month is our month OK ?!
    We can do it !

I might pm you and grab that link if thats ok ?

xxoo

Hi girls, I just stumbled across this thread today and thought I'd drop in and ask the lovely Tanya for that link...

DH & I would love a boy first up and then a girl. I too thought that you need to test your cm (or 'inside') for ph. My diet is very alkaline (I think) which favors a boy from memory so I have never really worried much about tracking etc until we are ttc our 2nd iykwim. But none the less I'd love that reference Tanya for when that time comes, thanks

I have also read about the timing of bd ie for a boy bd right on ovulation and for a girl bd 3-5 days before ovulation... we have thrown this one out the window as we are so consumed with just haveing a baby that we don't care what gender it is but still being mindful of keeping my body as alkaline as possible and making sure we are bding right on ovulation anyway and hoping those girl sperm don't get to the eggie first

Quote Originally Posted by chickybabe73 View Post
    I cant stop thinking about something i read a while ago - that quite a few people havent been able to fall pregnant after having a D&C. I am freaking out about this.
    I know its only our first month of trying again (no offence to anyone that has trouble)
    Its just that i cant stop that thought creeping in
    Sorry - had my vent now !
    xxoo
    Hi there chickybabe, I had a D&C in March (and one on Friday!) anyway after the March one I charted straight away, ovulated and got AF on CD30 which is my regular cycle length, I then ovulated and got another BFP. SO no need to worry, a D&C can be great for getting pregnant, in fact I had the most fertile month ever with 10 days straight of very fertile CM so good luck

AmandaJ I will be watching with bated breath to see the announcment of a baby girl coming into your life! Good luck to you too

I went to the pharmacy to get some PH strips but they did nothave any. SO I thought I`d buy some from Ebay. They seem a good price, but are sent from China... Has any one tried these ph strips off ebay? Before I go ahead and buy I just want to check they are the proper thing.
    I also looked at buying some cranberry 10000mg, but not sure if I should be taking this yet as Im not able to tell if Im ovualting or not (BF no AF). What do you think?

Salsa, I got mine off ebay
    I know a lot of women use digital testers, not sure where to get them of how good they are tho.

Thanks Cherished !

There is hope yet then -

Hi to all you lovely Girls who are swaying or thinking about swaying.
    CD5 today and counting - By the end of this week DH will be a very happy man IYKWIM

Goodluck !

BBL in the week to let you know how my PH levels are going.

Tanya, thanks. I had a look and ebay sells digital ph meters for pools...wonder if thats what people use?
    I may just stick to the paper strips, unless there is a good reason not to use them, which there dosent seem to be.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast