Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How long did it take you to conceive?

it took me 3 yrs to get dd and i have been trying for #2 for almost 6 yrs

ren hopefully this month is the one for a bfp for you

best of luck with everything

take care

Thank you I wish you every luck also....

If only it was so easy to fall pregnant each time hey.... why were we told at school that it's so easy to fall pregnant?!?!?! If i had known, we would have started trying months ago!!!

Don't get frustrated Renee. The more stressed out you make yourself, the harder it is to get a

We took 5 month to conceive DS, which like you, felt like forever, but it's really not. When you think that any cycle, you've only got a 25% change of a pregnancy, it's amazing that people fall pregnant by accident.

The other thing, someone told me when I was TTC that it can take up to 6 months for your body to not see your DH's swimmers as an infection and to stop fighting them off.

Sending you loads of for this month!

Celsie. xoxox

Thanks Celsie.... hopefully that pre-seed works lol

Yeah i am feeling pretty frustrated lately (my mood says Sad but thats' cos our ****atiel just flew away today!!) and yeah it is getting me down but i know that i just have to be strong and keep focused and it will happen for us.... the right sperm and eggy haven't met up yet!

Should we be having sex once per day?? Is that too much? because we enjoy it regularly.... i've read that we should only be doing it every 2 days but does it really matter??? I understand the sperm need time to rejuvenate but isnt 24hrs enough time??

I was told that in a normal, healthy male, there is not need to wait two days inbetween sessions, as although there is a decline in numbers, it's minimal. When we were TTC DS, we DTD twice a day around O time for 3 or 4 days in a row. My poor DH was exhausted. I almost had to force myself on him.

Celsie. xoxox

p.s. Just had a funny flash back. On our first month of TTC, we DTD 15 days in a row... some days was twice a day too. Now that's dedication! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Renstar View Post
    Should we be having sex once per day?? Is that too much? because we enjoy it regularly.... i've read that we should only be doing it every 2 days but does it really matter??? I understand the sperm need time to rejuvenate but isnt 24hrs enough time??
    When we conceived, we DTD every day around O time on my FS advice. 3 days before and 3 days after, oh and mostly in the morning, have no idea if this is better or not than night time.

DD#1 - stopped pill on 1 dec, had AF on 5 dec. Had a BFP on 2 Jan.
    DD#2 - stopped pill on 17 May. Had BFP 6 June.....
    DD#3 - wasnt trying. Was breastfeeding and on minipill.....DTD once in that week she was conceived.

Im very fertile, my mum and my nan were too........ Ive been told i may get pregnant if i hang my undies next to DH on the washing line - LOL.

Hope you get your BFP soon......

Hi Ren,

Best of Luck this cycle

DD took us 4 cycles and we are currently into our 8th cycle of TTC#2.

I have read all of the responses and it seems that every TTC journey can be very different!

Good luck this cycle Ren. I think we will ovulate very close together!! We might even have the same due date and we can be belly buddies!!
    I was wondering about DTD every day also, I don't want to miss O day!!

smiles4u Guest

Wink

I was told I could only conceive in doing IVF !!

Anyway, we chose not to do IVF and after 2 & a half years of trying we conceived NATURALLY at the age of 39

... My healthy & bright (not to mention funny) lil daughter is now 20mths old

Chalalan Guest

Hi Ren,

I check back into the TTC 1-6 months threads regularly hoping to see a BFP next to your signature. I reckon its only a matter of time and you'll be up the duff. Dont stress too much, I know, easy to say but hard to do, maybe take a step back from all the charting and obsessing for a month and see what happens? Just shag your gorgeous man when you feel like it and not worry about trying to make babies for a month. You may feel refreshed and reenergised and in a brilliantly becalmed state to concieve.

Anyway, it took me 3 months and happened on the month that we were completely halfarsed about it.

Best of luck Ren and your friends on BB are cheering for you!

6 months but m/c. Still trying

First cycle for #1, was at 12 months TTC for #2 when DH got deployed in another state for 4 months - he's back in 2 weeks though!

Celsie!! our first month ttc was also dtd about 13 days straight!!! we were soooo exhausted by the end of it!!! it worked, we fell pregnant but it didn't last.... BTW, love that pre-seed stuff!!!

Shoegal - thanks! Yeah we've actually been mixing it up this time! we've been dtd a.m & p.m so we'll see if it works this time!!! see my chart... we've been busy lol....

Mbear - wow you are very fertile, lucky you! I was told my Mum, sister, grandma and aunty all fell pregnant within 2-3mths so why can't I!!! lol

Nadine - thanks hun, i'm thinking of you too and check up on you often.

Sara - yep, i reckon dtd DAILY!!!!

Smiles4U - way to go conceiving naturally, thats so great

Chalalan - hiya! I wondered where you had got to! I see you are 9weeks now! Lucky girl... we've only JUST started charting now!!! And i love it, it doesn't stress me out as much as i thought it would although my temp was stuffed up yesterday due to our aircon was down way too cold but anyway i have O'd cd16 as i expected so about 3dpo now!! YAY..... thanks for keeping an eye on me.... H&H pregnancy to you...

Kim - maybe we'll get BFPs together!!!

well... we've been shagging like there is no tomorrow (see chart) let's hope it works huh!!!!! thanks so much girls for your support & words of encouragment............

Fell pregnant the second month when I was 36 (miscarried).

Went off the pill again about a year later and conceived round about the six month mark (when I was 37) but we weren't very disciplined about the timing (I wasn't charting and my DP is a shift worker anyway) so I think I would have been pregnant much sooner if I'd been TTC 'properly'.

Doing very amateurish charting (just looking at days between AFs rather than taking temps as well) at the moment to see what my cycle is like before we definitely start TTC another. Hopeful that past history means we can have another gorgeous baby like DD who is now almost 6 months old, but my ob has warned me that as I'll be close to 40 there's a 50/50 chance of miscarriage so we need to start trying sooner rather than later. Just waiting to physically recover from dodgy pelvis or I'd be trying now!

1st month with DS1, 2nd month this time (but we both had the flu the 1st month so didn't really give it our all, LOL!)

Just goes to show it doesn't always have anything to do with age does it.... I'm 26 and we're actively ttc and doing everything correct and into our fourth month ttc!!!! I thought we'd be pregnant by December.

I think the early m/c we had in November really did muck me up.... and that if it wasn't for that m/c we'd be pregnant now and quite a few weeks along!!!

Ren your chart looks promising! Hope this is your month

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast