Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intercourse timing and Gender Swaying

Default Intercourse timing and Gender Swaying

Ok, I know a few girls here who have had success when trying for a girl when using this method, but who has tried it and had success when trying for a boy? I don't mean just having sex around O time, really following the instructions....BDing right on O, only once and abstain for a few days before hand.

I am trying this cycle for a boy and I am soooo nervous!

I just want to hear some success stories from the mouth of the horse.

Are there any here??

Thanks
    Tanya

i think its all pot luck unfortunately tanya.

but yes you should try to catch the egg after ovulation.

i hope you get your baby boy!!! [-o<

Sorry Tanya.. just pot luck for my 2 boys here as well. We did the deed every 2 days from CD 9 till 1 or two days after ovulation with Lachlan.

Love

*TamaraP* Guest

Ditto to the above...but the wives tales that I have heard are...

Boy sperm swim faster but die quicker

Girl sperm swim slower and die slower.

I don't know if that is true so technically if you want a girl, DTD 2 days before "o", but if you want a boy DTD as close to..

For me, as long as I have one little bub at the end of all this is enough for me.

We only bd when I had a + OPK (or close to a positive) so only for 3 or 4 days of my cycle and that was it, with this pg and with Nicholas we only bd when I saw EWCM as I never knew about temping etc.. then.

With Matthew we Bd every day or every 2nd day, I`ve never taken my temp and with Matthew I had no idea what EWCM meant 8-[

As you know with this pregnancy we Bd every 12 - 18 hours, I can tell you on Wednesday what colour we have.

Good Luck Tanya

technically it would have been the time after o if its a boy tan.

but then again, its not 100% and u might never know hehe

Kate... how many days between the day you conceived and your previous BD? They say it helps to abstain form BDing for up to a week b4 O to increase the sperm count. The lower the sperm count the more X sperm... the more you bd the higher % of X sperm.

Tanya

hi Tanya, I thought you might find this post of Alan's intersting so i dug it up for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    It is the Y sperm that produces a boy.
    Y sperm do not like acid
    So here are some tips to favour a baby boy

1 Deep penetration
    Your vagina has a higher acid level at the entrance

2 Douche with baking soda and water just before sex

3 A woman’s orgasm reduces the acid in the vagina

4 Do not have sex for 4 days before ovulation then have sex 12 hours before ovulation
    Y sperm are faster swimmers but do not live as long as X sperm

There is nothing you can do to influence the sex of your baby other than embryo selection (during IVF).
    It is just pot luck.
    A happy healthy baby is the best though.
    Good luck.
    Debbie

Oooook. It seems no-one here has tried specifically for a boy.

Thanx for all the info girls. I have done a fair bit of reading on this and just wanted to hear from anyone personally who had tried for a boy (lots of girls have tried for girls, but none have tried specifically for a boy).

Thanks Again

Tanya

DoubleK Guest

my aunty has just had her 7th baby.. her eldest is 13 years, her and her husband have done soo much research into trying to conceive a girl... each pregnancy she has never found out the sex, always waited for a surprise, and she now has 7 boys..

perhaps i should ask her what she has done to try and get a girl.... bcoz its obviously not working for her!!!

we never say anything, but i have a feeling she will keep trying to get her little girl! i was a bit nervous about telling her i was having a girl, i thought she might get a bit jealous... IYKWIM

Good luck!!

Rachy

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya
    Oooook. It seems no-one here has tried specifically for a boy.
    I want a boy! And will try specifically for one. After reading up I'll be only BDing around O day (I reckon the day before, the day of and the day after should do it), I'll be taking less calcium and more sodium (so salted butter on toast not cereal for breakfast), trying the DP method and hoping Rachy's aunt can shed some light on how to do it! Seven boys... well, at least if they have a group wedding there's a musical out there about it. *Hums Spring! Spring! Spring!*.

I know my parents wanted me to be a boy, but I also know that my mum started denying that when I was about 10 so she won't tell me what she did.

Obviously wouldn't be upset with a girl, just really want a healthy baby, but at least one boy would be great.

Ryn... I don't have butter... dairy product. I have an oil based marge (salted of course). Aso I have been using a soy milk with no added calcium... high in potassium and sodium. You need to increase you potasium as well as your sodium... so eat bananas, pineapple... and cut out nuts and wholegrains (high in magnesium some thing else you need cut out when on the boy diet).

Sorry if I have just gotten a bit carried away... I am living this stuff of late!!

Tanya

Jillian, I went to try and get what is called slow K from the chemist and you have to ask for it... aparently it can have bad side affects if taken in large quantities... so I avoided it... instead I eat the soy milk on my corn flakes (two things I don't usually eat), the soy milk has 200mg per 100ml... and eat a banana a day and anything else I can get my hands on. I am taking a sodium sup (not that I really need it) it has 25mg of potassium in it... I take that twice daily....
    I hope I am getting the right amounts!

Did you actually diet? If so how long did you go for?

Tanya

There is an article about the shettles method here and also one about gender disappointment here that you might find interesting.

Thanx Emma

I have read so many posts written by women wanting a particular gender. Some of who are now pregnant and dealing with gender disappointment. Even after trying so hard to get their desired gender. There are also the happy endings, where the woman has gotten her desired gender. These posts are great and give me hope!

There is so much women are trying now, eg diets, suppliments, testing vaginal fluid for pH, timing, douche etc. It is a big deal to woment trying to sway, and it is very stressful, especially considering there is definately no guarantee!! Like you say 50/50 is the only sure thing! Hopefully swaying can increase those chances, but even then they is all sorts of conflicting research.

I just have to keep my hopes up and remind myself that I do have a chance for my little monster

Tanya

Just thought I would post this as I know a lot of girls are interested

Taken from the book: Choose the sex of your baby - the natural way by Hazel Chesterman-Phillips

I have always been dubious about the diet method in sex selection because I found it unnecessary. I did not change my diet before conceiving either sex of child. In fact, my natural preference was heavily weighted towards the dairy diet recommended for conceiving girls. Maybe that explains the early arrival of my two daughters? I think not; as I did not change my eating habits when I tried for and got my son. I only changed the timing of intercourse,
    The French Dr Francois Papa admits that it is a long and gruelling task to change the body's chemical make up through diet but he claims to do it as a means of determining the sex of offspring. On the other hand, I think that the natural secretions of a woman's body at various times in the menstrual cycle_ are more significant. Get the timing right and your hormones will do the rest for you in providing the relevant mucus. Nature's sex selection does not work by so clumsy a method as diet change. So what is this chemical change and how can diet help? Let us turn to France. Trust the French to find the answer in food!
    Dr Papa is consultant gynecologist at the Port Royale Hospital in Paris. He worked out a dif1t theory for sex selection based op four vital mineral salts found in the body. These are:

1 For boys: Sodium and Potassium (powerful alkalis based on alkali metals)
    2 For girls: Calcium and Magnesium (from Carboniferous limestone rocks)

Sodium and Potassium attract male-bearing androsperm (y). Calcium and Magnesium attract female-bearing gynesperm (X). The clever idea of the diet is to alter the chemical composition of the egg so that it attracts the desired sperm.

FOOD TO GET A BOY

As much salt as possible: salted butter, salted and smoked meats.
    All meats, fresh or pre-cooked. Especially beef, since cattle are often treated, before slaughter, with male growth hormone, which is then passed on to the consumers of the beef. Of course, this is rather dubious in the light of the current BSE threat. Other meats may have to suffice.
    All fish, and two eggs weekly.
    White bread and white-flour crisp bread.
    White-flour cakes, pastries and biscuits.
    Pasta, rice, semolina (all without milk).
    Milk-free puddings and sauces.
    Most vegetables (except those forbidden below): sweetcorn, popcorn, parsley, mushrooms, courgettes, endive, avocado, fennel, raw tomatoes, soya beans, peas and beans, chestnuts.
    All fresh fruit, particularly Potassium-rich bananas and fresh pineapple.
    Dried prunes, raisins, figs, apricots.
    Sugar, jam, fruit jellies, sorbets.
    Oils and milk-free margarines.
    Soups, olives and gherkins.

FORBIDDEN WHILE TRYING FOR A BOY

Milk in any form'- butter, cheese, yogurt. Shellfish, molluscs (mussels etc.). Wholemeal bread.
    Salad vegetables: raw cabbage and cauliflower, spinach, cress.
    Nuts, cocoa, chocolate, mustard.

FOOD TO GET A GIRL

As much milk as possible (1 1/3 pints or 770 ml per day). Fresh cream, yogurt.
    Limited meat or fish (1 1/4 OZ or 125 g per day).
    Unsalted butter, unsalted soft cheese.
    Milk puddings.
    Salt-free wholemeal bread, crisp-bread and pastry, without yeast.
    Rice, pasta, semolina, tapioca.
    Limited amount of potatoes.
    Fresh or, frozen carrots, green beans turnips, aubergines, onions, leeks, peas.
    Cucumber, radishes, peppers, cress, celeriac, celery.
    Unsalted walnuts, hazelnuts almonds, peanuts.
    Fresh, frozen or tinned apples, pears, clementines, strawberries, raspberries. Tinned only pineapples, plums and peaches, all without syrup. Jam once daily, sugar, honey.
    Vegetable oils, spices, home-made sauces without salt.
    Mineral water.

FORBIDDEN WHILE TRYING FOR A GIRL

Salt and salt substitute. All salted or smoked foods, including salty cheese.
    Coffee, tea, tinned fruit juice, fizzy drinks.
    Wine, beer, cider, liqueurs, aperitifs.
    All meat and fish, except for daily allowance above.
    White bread, pasties and biscuits, unless salt-free crisps.
    Sweetcorn, popcorn, parsley, spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, mushrooms, courgettes, endive, avocados, fennel, raw tomatoes, soya beans, dried peas and beans.
    All fresh fruit except those listed above as allowed; dried fruit. Chocolates and sweets.
    Bicarbonate of soda and all prepared sauces.
    All ready-made dishes whether tinned, fresh or frozen.

Now a word of caution. If you suffer from certain conditions, these diets may be dangerous for you. The salty, boy diet should not be undertaken by anyone who has high blood pressure. The girl diet should not be undertaken by anyone who has kidney stones or high blood calcium levels. If in doubt, check with your GP first.
    And make sure that any restrictions you put on yourself don't lead to an unbalanced diet. A plentiful supply of nutritious food is essential just now to you and your unborn baby. When all is said and done the health of parents and baby is of paramount importance. If the diet upsets you in any way, come off it. Dawn Osborne said her cycles had become unpredictably longer since she had been following Mr Hewitt's diet. And the high doses of Vitamin C gave her diarrhoea and made her feel ill. So she stopped. Nevertheless, Dawn and Darren got their daughter by sticking to the correct rules for timing and sperm count. Kristina joins her big brothers, Matthew and James.

But, if you really want to try a rigid diet, contact:
    Mr Jonathan Hewitt, MB, Ch.B, MRCOG
    Consultant Gynaecologist
    Liverpool Women's Hospital
    Crown Street
    Liverpool L8 TSS
    tel: 0151 708 9988

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast