Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Intercourse timing and Gender Swaying

Hi Tanya
    I have been trying on and off for boy for last year and a half, don't know whether it has been a very good idea, seems to have stopped me from getting pregnant. I have definitely done my head in with it all, testing ,timing etc (I already have two girls each conceived first month of trying), so I thought I would try the shettles method, along with the theory about moon phases. No luck as of yet and I'm very anxious and frustrated. I hope you have a little more success than me, just reading some of the posts though, it isn't guaranteed and really, it is just luck. I have also read it can be the enviroment of the woman. (Which is why some people keep having same sex continously). Maybe my environment favours girl and the boy sperm just don't survive there. I know heaps about it all, read waaay toooo much.
    I don't know whether to keep it all up, recently went to obs who told me to let nature take its place. Just that I've tried for this long, maybe keep doing it a couple more months. My age is against me though.
    good luck, let me know how you go

HI Tanya.
    I'm only new and just read through some posts, was very upset to read about you m/c, I didn't know when doing previous post. Sorry.
    Lilylou

Hi
    Are you just using the timing method? Maybe you could try the diet too (posted above)?? Usually it takes longer to conceive when tring for a girl due to the cut off...I hope you get a BFP soon.

Tanya

We did the deed on the day of ovulation hoping to sway the odds for a boy, but we're having another girl...oh well we tried!

Hi Flea
    Congratulations firstly, baby no 2 on the way
    that's interesting because you bd exactly when you where suppose to. Prior to bd'ing right on ovulation, how long before this did you bd.? (sperm can live 5 sometimes more days in the right environment, maybe there were still sperm alive from earlier??) sorry, I sound nosey.
    lilylou

Hi Tanya,
    I've heard the same thing, it is usually easier to conceive a boy than a girl? I guess that makes sense because we can detect ovulation then do the bding, the girl thing is a bit of guess work. Have you ever looked at the moon phase theory, it's kind of interesting. The only thing I haven't tried is the diet, I will print it up and have a look at it, I don't know whether I can keep trying for much longer (I have an age thing happening, over 40) although there is nothing wrong with me. My doctor told me to stop all of this and go for it, probably good advice, I just feel anoyed because of how long I have been trying this boy thing. something tells me my body doesn't like to fall pregnant right on ovulation, its like it needs to have the sperm sitting there earlier??? who knows, If I stopped all of this next month, I would probably fall pregnant. I'm worried about all too much. A healthy baby is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by lilylou
    Hi Flea
    Congratulations firstly, baby no 2 on the way
    that's interesting because you bd exactly when you where suppose to. Prior to bd'ing right on ovulation, how long before this did you bd.? (sperm can live 5 sometimes more days in the right environment, maybe there were still sperm alive from earlier??) sorry, I sound nosey.
    lilylou
    Thanks!
    That was the interesting thing - we weren't ttc'ing that month because we were waiting on the results of some genetic testing (I am a CF carrier, we just waiting on DH's results) before we tried to get pregnant.
    The day the results came back (all clear) I knew I was o'ing so we just said "what the hell" and decided to give it a shot. Once! One time only!!! And here we are
    Perfect example I guess of how you can tilt the odds but there's still no guarantees.
    Last edited by Tobily; May 9th, 2006 at 09:56 AM.

Reading that list of foods makes me all the more appreciative for my little girl. I didn't change my diet at all, and my regular diet is pretty much full of all of the 'no no' foods for conceiving a girl. We DTD the day before, on and after ovulation.

Further, there is some research that says the genetic background of the man in conceiving has input. My husband is one of three boys and Maddy is the first girl in quite a while. The first grandchild was also a boy.

Here's hoping that influences the next one in 2-3 years because I'd like to have a boy for my husband.

Lilylou, I have heard of the luna phase theory... If I O when I think I will good boy days are 21pm-24am then the 27 and 28pm. I have also read about planets... There is a lady on a nother site who does predictions using planitary charts and she seems to be getting quite a few correct!!

Flea, I have read aobut a lot of Shettles opposites... but did your DH abstain for 4-7 days prior to BD?? Shettles recommends this to build up boy sperms (wheich he says are weaker than the X ones and need a bit of time to build up).

Becka, the funny thing about the diet is that you have to be pretty strickt with avoiding one group of elemnts when ttc a particular sex. So I think even tho you may have eaten certain food that were on the 'no-no' list, you still may have had enough calcium and magnesium in your system for it not to matter.

But then again, nothing is 100%, so you could both be opposites to what the reaseach has shown may aid in helping conceive the gender of choice.

Tanya
    *edited* to say I am sorry for all the really bad spelin

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, we were trying the Shettles Method to conceive a boy. Unforunately things didn't go to plan and hubby was away when he was supposed to be home, lol. I fell pregnant with our daughter 4 days after ovulation. Trying for a boy early next year.

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya
    Flea, I have read aobut a lot of Shettles opposites... but did your DH abstain for 4-7 days prior to BD?? Shettles recommends this to build up boy sperms (wheich he says are weaker than the X ones and need a bit of time to build up).

Tanya
    Yeah he did! That's why we were a bit shocked to be having a girl, because we hadn't bd'd at ALL that month, waiting for the test results before we started trying.

Unless of course he was bad by himself....totally possible too! LMAO.

It worked for me.

I was overseas (without DH!) up until Day 15 of my cycle, so obviously no BD-ing. I noticed lots of EWCM whilst away and pretty much ruled the month out all together. The only time we BD'd that cycle was the night of Day 15 and I had Aidan 9 months later! I wanted a boy so it worked perfectly for us, not that I knew I was doing the right thing at the time.

Well, we weren't trying at all... let alone trying for one or the other. But just in case it helps!

We BD'd a couple of days before I suspect I O'd, then again the day I O'd and a day after (as best as I could recall when I did the pg test a week and a bit later!). I *think* I got pg from the middle time when I O'd. We had a girl and I think that would fit with the theory since we'd BD'd b4, during and after O and didn't abstain for any length of time.

We'll be trying for a boy next time around, but I really don't care. In fact, if it's another girl I know I'll have an easier time talking DP into #3!!

Emm Guest

We are trying for a boy.
    Only BD on ovulation day and just before.
    I am also drinking cranberry juice and ural (trying to lower the acidity)
    I will now start drinking grapefruit juice too!

Quote Originally Posted by Flea
    We did the deed on the day of ovulation hoping to sway the odds for a boy, but we're having another girl...oh well we tried!
    Ummmm..update.

Looks like it worked, we're having a boy after all

LOL Flea Congrats on your boy on the way.

I've been reading quite a few posts, and I'm pretty confused. What are you supposed to do if you're trying for a girl? I'm interested in any foods plus timing. Probably more the foods as I'm not commited enough to be doing ovulation testing or anything.

A friend of mine was doing saliva ovulation tests every day so that she could sway towards a boy. The tests showed that she didn't ovulate at all one month, but that's when she fell pregnant. They are happy, as it turns out she has a boy on the way.

I find this all very interesting because it never occured to me that people tried specifically for a boy or girl.. I have heard about boy sperm swimming faster but dying quicker than girl sperm, but i reaally just still thought it was pot luck...
    I am not trying for a boy or girl specifically, I am just going to be thrilled with either.

Sana, sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

For ttc a girl see the foods list on the previous page. Also some girls when ttc a girl BD as much as possible up to O. It is said that this can decrease the sperm count therefore increasing the percentage of X sperm.
    Also, you can use a vinegar douche (2tbsp in 1 litre of water) b4 BDing leading up to O... helps increase the acidity of the vaginal tract.
    Some ppl (including myself) look into launa predictions.

I hope that has helped

Tanya

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast