Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Intercourse timing and Gender Swaying

Fire Fly Guest

Lol, she is preggars remember. LMAO

Just merging this with the gender swaying thread.

Hi all,
    This thread always gets me in. I have two girls already, as this will be my last preganancy (if it ever happens ), I have been trying desperately for a boy. Well over a year on and off and one m/c later, I'm still trying. Don't get me wrong, a healthy baby is more important, it's just I've been trying for so long with this, (never had problems conceiving in the past), I don't want to give up yet. We have been trying the shettles method and moon phases. I've just started reading up on diet, (I stuffed up this month, was drinking cranberry juice thinking this was favourable for a boy ) The way I eat naturally would favour a boy as I luv salt and salty products. I read up on every thread I can find. Something I found very informative was the FF site and chart gallery, I look through all of the charts that have conceived boys and all of the charts that conceived girls, very interesting and does seem to show a pattern in regards to the shettles method. I thought this month was good timing for me as far as bding and moon phase, until FF showed I ovulated a day later than what i thought , this was due to temp being low, but that day temp was taken an hour earlier, although I used the corrector, I was also very cold during the night. I gather this would affect my temps in the morning???? I guess whatever happens happens, I'think I may be a bit obssessed with it all. .
    Last edited by lilylou; September 27th, 2006 at 05:39 PM.

Lily, your temps do suggest that you O'd ont the later day. It all gets harder and harder doesn't it!! Esp when you go to all the effort only to lose the baby

Tanya

ETA lil can you send me an emial (in my public profile under instant messaging) I want to send you some info
    Last edited by Tanya; September 30th, 2006 at 09:03 AM.

Hi Tanya,
    thanks for that, I will definetly email you tonight. Agree with everything you said, I've been trying so long, and then to m/c un top of it all, I'm not coping well with it at the moment, (af arrived on Sat, so another month gone ) I'm serously thinking about stopping ttc alltogether. I know you understand
    thks

Well girls,
    I can say, that our attempt at a little girl has failed, and i have another son (this is now my 4th)
    Dp and I stopped Bding 2-3 days before i ovulated, and as i was on a maily dairy diet, thought we had a good chance. Even that silly chines gender prediction chart said that if i had conceived in a window of 5 months (i conceived right in the middle of this window) that it would be a girl,,,,/YEAH RIGHT!!!!!
    Ultrasound on friday confirmed 100% that i am having another boy. In fact, the sonographer went on to say that he cant guarentee a sex very often at all, but he could ours, and he then zoomed in on my little boys "bits",,,,and he is a definate boy!!!! lol
    So I really hope your attempts are better than mine.

When I fell pg with the first 2 I wasn't ttc or ttc a boy. But once I read about the whole gender swaying thing while pg with my first, i worked it out & timing said boy & thats what I got. Again with glenn i wasn't ttc but when I looked back timing again said boy.
    3rd time I was TTC & TTC a girl. I got a girl.

Congratulations Kate, on the birth of your DD#2!!

Ah now i have another thread to obsess in lol, i just had DS3 and i thought we had swayed for girl with him but now looking back after all i have read i think we didnt actually, was pretty close to 0 even right on it, wouldnt trade him back so all good anyhow

Not sure if number 4 will be happening for us, we were going to stop after Cooper but i am going to read up and be informed just in case things change in 6mths or so

Just for those trying for a boy thought i would put a bit about boys i have had

First one was no plan at all but i know i had a lot of EWCM, didnt know it had a name back then though! so hence luke was born

Mason was close to 0 as well

Cooper as i mentioned was a try at swaying for girl but i didnt really try hard, i just wanted to be pregnant really in the end, after 2 trys i got impatient lol

Also i know we BD'ed only once for them all and it was a long time between BD's, i know poor DH lol

I am completly on a boy diet without me even realising it, no calcium at all and heaps of caffiene, which i hear stops calcium from absorbing and tons of salt and processed stuff

I am finding though there is so much conflicting stuff out there, so you find you read for hours and hours and walk away from it thinking aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

One thing i have wondered about though for those trying for a girl, has anyone considered the withdrawal method? i know they say shallow for a girl as it takes longer for it all to go where its supposed to, but i thought maybe withdrawal wouldnt leave as many in there as well, anyhow just a thought, i do know one lady with two boys who used withdrawal for the purpose of birth control who now has a daughter, but was with different partner as well

Best of luck to anyone trying to sway, as long as you are happy to accept whatever comes then i dont see any problem with trying it out
    Last edited by Belinda; December 1st, 2006 at 12:58 AM.

Good Luck Belinda, there is sooo much info out there so start researching now and when you are ready you will know what you can try for a better attempt for a little girl There is lots of info on the web, but a lot of it needs sifting through.

Tanya

Yes there is tons out there, probably way too much, and finding a lot of it very conflicting too, wish i never knew about it at all sometimes!

But i do find the topic fasinating regardless of what i plan on doing later

Tanya, there are also boy diets you can follow. We did the girl diet this time round and have been told that this buba is a girl.

Sarah, that is fantastic I have been on and off the boy diet for almost 11 months now... Grrrr

There are detail of both the girl and boy diet in this thread somewhere, Kate.

Tanya
    Last edited by Tanya; December 4th, 2006 at 12:43 PM.

Hope something happens for you soon Tanya and you get that little boy, best of luck with it all

Funny i just came across this thread now because i just tonight pulled out a book i bought called "choose the sex of your baby" sorry if you have already discussed this previously in this post.
    So a few hints for TTC a boy are:
    1. The mans genitals should be kept cool in boxer shorts or underpants and loose trousers
    2. Abstain from sex for one week prior to ovulation or less (generally men with higher sperm count produce more boy sperm)
    3. when the slippery O mucas is present make love ONCE while the sperm count is high.
    men with a known low sperm count may be helped by a cold sponge of the genitals (cant imagine they'd like that lol)
    4. Oh also it is best if trying for a boy for the female to orgasm before(tell your DH's this one!!) because when a woman reaches orgasm she releases alkaline fluid which favours male sperm.

Im reading up on how to conceive a girl atm, to me it seems like it will be harder to conceive a female!
    For Nixon (even thought we were not activly trying i had read up on everything) we BD only once and had not BD for atleast a week prior, It was on the day of Ovulation aswell, and i also had a happy moment b4 hand! so we were pretty sure we were havig a boy (end up finding out @ ultrasound too)

JamieR Guest

Lightbulb

Oh, I am hearing a lot of things for the first time here, I always thought that it is not in our hands to try for a boy or a girl.........

i just read Nickers hints as 'the mans genitals should be kept in a cooler box' i am tired lol!

Well since i last posted i have delved into the underworld of gender swaying lol and i am convinced that enviorment is the key to it all, i really am not convinced on the timing method as i see how many times it has gone wrong

I got some ph strips and the theory seems correct for me, my ph is way too high so far to concieve a girl if the theory is correct, i dont even know if i am having any more children but i would just like to know why it is we ended up with all boys, its pretty interesting stuff

I have also read for those doing the cut off that ppl are having successs with having a solo O just before ovulation to give the girl sperm(that is supposedly more hardy and lives longer) a kick along to the egg

I totally agree with you Belinda. I think the Ph level means a lot more than the timing. I charted for 2 years to try for a girl using the timing method and we had it spot on (well we thought) and we are having another boy (Don't get me wrong here we are delighted to be having another boy) We didn't use the PH method but after doing more research it seems to be a lot more accurate and does make sense. Maybe if both methods are combined the chances of getting the desired gender would be better.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast