Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Intercourse timing and Gender Swaying

u probably think the opposite kate having had 2 girls but i think TTC for a boy is much easier!
    If you use OPK's and can determine when you ovulate (and abstain from having sex for the begining of the cycle) u can have sex once smack bang on the day and get a boy!
    Good thing is it is better if you have an orgasm before hand as male sperm favour the acidity & deep penetration is best (ie doggie style!)
    i recommend buying the book "Choose the sex of your baby" by hazel chesterman-Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by leeloo View Post
    Just to let you guys know.... I'm trying for a girl.... I'm due to Ovulate on the 16th, I'm going to stop trying today and see if the theory that girls live longer and swim faster works.....
    Girls swim slower, live longer. I dont think u need to stop just yet. I think you'd be safe till about the 13th, but wouldn't push much past the 14th to be safe. Good luck.

Good luck to those who have made an attempt, hope the scans show up with a healthy baby of the colour you swayed for

Kate: Best of luck, i would just continue researching and reading everything to work out how you want to do it all

Well nothing happening here cause i am not trying for anything lol, just researching still out of interest

Thanks everyone!

nickers.... what was 1 day to close? When did you stop trying....?

FionaJill... Girls swim slower, live longer. Thats what I meant!!

With Charlie, I stopped trying 5 days before Ovulating and got my boy!! Maybe one more day wouldn't hurt!!

last cycle we DTD 4 days before O and got BFN.
    This month end up being only 1 day before O which may have been to close. (but would still be happy with a BFP which ever way) I was also thinking of Jonas method http://www.lunarium.co.uk/jonas.php which said my optimum time to conceive a girl was at that time. i only thought it was freakky because it end up falling so clsoe to O, how could that be possible?

when conceiving Charles had u guys DTD frequently or was that pretty much the first time after AF? you could look more into it regarding diet etc also

We have tried for 5 days after AF and have now stopped..... its the first time I have seen dh say he has a headache!! haha I've been drinking and eating lots of Dairy so we'll see how we go.....

i havent used it but have also read its great for boys

there is research done in that site i gave you under real egg whites thread and it explains how to change the ph of egg whites to bring you ph right up as well, if your game to go there, i think just make it not too stressed and there is nothing wrong with trying it all out, its only simple things

Kate: I will look it up tommorow, if i forget remind me

sorry kate i hope i didnt upset you with what i wrote.
    Ive just been reading a lot about this lately and most souces have stated actually trying for a girl seems generally to be harder then the baby girls that just happen. not that, that is the case with every baby
    Ph levels is a good one to try to though i think

Kate... Just to let you know that obstaining for too long (more than 4 days) can increase your chances of a girl. And this had been proven with a study.
    When using the O+12 method (for a girl) they recommend obstaining (I can't remember for how long) before you have your one shot attempt.

So there you are you attempt may have been more suited to a girl

Tanya
    Oh and BTW, I have that book that Nickers recommended, if you would like to borrow it for as long as you need

Girls well I am going team Pink offically as i got my first on Thursday arvo!
    ive been testing silly since then and with 8 out of 10 tests a BFP i think i can say i am up the duff lol!

Who knows if it will be a boy or girl as i think we DTD too close to O, anyway i would love a little brother for Nixon just as much as i would love a girl

Kate... I read a report resently about conception and diet, and changing your diet can increase your chances of coneiving one sex over the other. Where as timing etc is just what has been said to work... I hope that makes sense...

Nickers... Congratulations!! I looked at your chartand noticed you got BFP's from 6DPO!!! WOW!!!

Tanya

congrats!!

all this talk is so confusing to me as i've NEVER charted and always managed to get PG so quickly (much to DHs disgust, lol! he never gets to "try!" so in a few point forms, if i was wanting to attempt for a boy, whats the best way?
    *no sex for around 4 days before O (to determine this, is the best/only way to chart?)
    *increase potassium/sodium intake (bananas, pineapples, grapefruit juice)
    *deep penetration/womens orgasm first

thanks

forgot to mention, i look at your charts and they just look sooooo confusing

I assume from what you have asked is that you are going to try Shettles method?

You don't necessarily have to chart. If you have regular cycles it helps. Or you can just use OPK's. But it does help to keep track of your cm to know when you are becoming fertile. But yes charting is a great help.

Also when you are on the 'boy' diet, you need to decrease your amounts of magnesium and calcium, these are specific to the 'girl' diet (which I think would be much harder! ).

Also I found that my reproductive tract can be acidic around O time even after orgasm and with lots of ewcm. You might want to think about douching or a sperm friendly lubricant... also if you go so far as to buy pH stix (to test your cm) be sure to get a look at what DH's pH is

HTH's

Tanya

Tanya, thats right 6DPO, i was quiet shocked myself. Although i think i am one day ahead of what FF says so maybe it was 7DPO. I went internet searching on early HPT and the earliest i could find was 7DPO. getting a BT on monday.

not sure when we are starting, we just had a miscarriage (an unplanned PG but still heartbreaking) and my DH is looking to start his own business in the next few months so maybe October/November (trying to plan around my girls birthdays/xmas etc) how manymonths charting B4 actively TTC?

Rissigirl... do you have regular cycles? If so you may only need a couple of months of charting. If you are unsure of your cycles you may need a few more cycles under your belt

Kate... you don't want to start the diet too early, 6-8 weeks is plenty Being on the diet for too long isn't good... and besides, you don't want to torture yourself for too long

And another thing that is said to be good for 'boys' is a cold pack on the man bits for 15 mins before BD and a caffine drink.

Tanya

as for my cycles, i dunno! i've only just stopped BFing my oneyear old and waiting for a regular cycle to start, so haven't had a proper cycle for nearly two years!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast