Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *cries* I'm FAT :(

Default *cries* I'm FAT :(

And I need need NEED help! I need to shift this weight, I really really hate looking at myself in the mirror atm I have put on probably 5kg in the last few months...I probably need to lose about 20kg all up I'm somewhere around 75-80kg, and I'm so ashamed. I used to be 60! I WANT TO BE 60 AGAIN! You'd think all the stress of TTC and everything would mean I'd lose weight, but nup, I'm fatter than ever. I collect fat on my tummy, face and back, the MOST unflattering areas, and I just feel like a balloon. I've recently started exercising quite a lot, and I try to eat well, we usually do, but lately I have been sneaking junk food I am so SO ashamed to admit that I just compulsively eat; I'll eat a whole apck of Tim Tams, or for example, tonight I just sat there like a big fat lard arse and ate one of those blocks of kraft cheese YUCK!!! I guess this has turned into a huge vent...but what I would really like are motivational stories - how you shifted your weight, what you were like before and after, how you did it, anything and everything. I've always loved how I look, but the last 12 months or so I have REALLY let myself go...I don't want to be out of control, I don't want to cringe everytime DF touches me or sees me naked, even though he says I am sexy, I need to be better for ME

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I need to losse about 20kg as well! Thinking of staring zumba in willy!! You wanna go too?

PZ - hugs hun, huge hugs. I was around 74kg in 2006 when my best friend got married, as of 4 weeks ago, I was 97kg!! I couldn't believe it - I was back at my largest weight when pg with DD.

I joined Weight Watchers and it has been the best thing for me... being accountable to myself in terms of points makes me more aware of what I am putting in my mouth. So far I have lost 3.5kg (over 4 weeks). I need to lose a total of 30kg - such a large number so I am taking it kilo by kilo but my goal for the moment is to be a number beginning with a 7.

I have PCOS (and am insulin resistant) and find it hard to lose weight, so far I haven't really made a lot of physical/exercise type changes so I could stand to lose more but honestly, changing what I eat has been a big enough change for my body.

I also detest when DP looks at me naked or when we DTD I feel so self conscious. I am doing this for me... I want to have a healthy weight range and I want my mii on the wii to not be the fattest one there

You can do this PZ, you can change your eating habits and we will support you

xox

Check out Lucy's blog here

She writes really well and she's lost HEAPS, good for motivation.

awwww PZ i know how you feel xxx

About this time last year i told myself enough is enough i HAVE to lose some weight because i was so unhappy with the way i looked!!!
    The gym has been my best friend! also i took duromine, i dont really reccomend taking it but it definatly kickstarted my weightloss and helped my eating habits.
    Now i can go to the supermarket and walk past the chocolate, chips and softdrink and not even think twice about wanting or buying them.

This is me at the BB meetup last year
    Login | Facebook
    i think i was at my heaviest about 75kg *shudders*

Me now 61.8kg
    Login | Facebook
    lol dont laugh i was extremly drunk!!

ETA- before i had kids i was always between 50-55kg

Aww hun. I know that feeling so well.
    I agree with checking out Lucy's blog. It is awesome and truly motivational.
    RainbowRaver has done an incredible job as well! Looking good hun

I think the biggest thing to success with this sort of thing is really being in the right mind frame. Its not about just knowign you should lose weight, you have to really want it.

It has taken me a year but I have lost 25kg just by changing my lifestyle in small ways. Now like Raver, I can say no to those high sugar, high fat things.

I used to be the biggest junk food sneaker as well. You can check outmy blog inmy signature

I thought of Diminishing Lucy too. She's always banging on about drinking more water, so when I'm hungry, I'll have a drink first, water or maybe herbal tea. And then if I'm still hungry I'll eat.

Protein is apparently really filling, so perhaps foods like egg and chicken and...what else is protein? I only have one animal here...

Default *cries* I'm FAT :(

Pz- id be happy to help if you would like some extra help im a nutritionist so the offer is there- im also a busy mumma so id need a bit of patience with my offer just pm me if you want my help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that writing down everything I ate really helped me understand what I was putting in my mouth and thinking about it before I ate it. It really made me aware and accountable for what I was eating. Once I was accountable then I was able to start changing it.

I agree with Nai, I signed up to calorie king dot com and tracked what I ate and limited my intake according to the websites recommendation. And I was surprised at what I had been eating.

On top of that I exercised everyday after my last meal, rail, hail or shine - NO EXCUSES. Aerobic activity burns fat and increases your fitness; and yep, when I first started out (at about 90kgs after having DS) moving quick was harder, but then as I continued on with determination the weight came off (another 36kgs) and I moved easier, and seeing the results urged me to 'go harder' with the exercise. I started the whole exercise thing in early October and had lost the 36kgs by mid Feb.

Some people get a bit airy fairy about losing weight an 'easier' or a softer way, and lets face it if it was that easy we probably wouldn't have the obesity epidemic most western cultures face now (aka Globesity). Face it head on with pure motivation and determination, don't be afraid to sweat and push yourself that little bit extra - because thats what makes the biggest difference! Then you'll have no one but yourself to thank for the results you get :-)

rhyb Guest

Aww Lilypad I dont think youre fat
    I go to gym when I can get a babysitter for my kids but it's rare lately so the weight is stacking on. I look super preg already and Im only 5weeks in (though TBH I havent lost the belly from the DDs)

Just offering you some
    I an relate to your feelings, On a mission...

Aww hun i need to loose 20kg aswell, i am 105kg , i'm here if you need me.. i'm taking it 1 week at a time, lost1kg last week just by dropping softdrink, this week my goals are NO IN CAR SNACKING and DANCING WITH MY GIRLS... maybe you can make some small weekly goals, tiny things but make it fun.

It's not easy, were here for you.... i'm dong mine in my blog on here, i find it makes me a little more accountable as i am 'shaming' myself when i go wrong.

Thankyou all so much! Time to get out of my rut and actually do something about how I look, and more importantly, how I feel. I want to respond to you all, because y'all took the time to write all these lovely things to me

Feeb, that sounds really cool actually, it'd be fun to do it together! I'll PM you

tk1999, wow, 3.5kgs, wtg! Something like Weight Watchers sounds good, I'm not very accountable with what I put in my mouth and I think I'd probably be pretty shocked if I had a lol. Could be a good wake up call!

Lu, awesome blog, it's bookmarked and I'll read it heaps, thanks!

RR, that's my goal, to not even want the s***ty food, to just ignore it! Phwoar you look great, love the photo evidence lol.

Bella, thanks, I agree, the right mind set is soooo important. I think I'm actually there this time! Huge congrats on your own achievement, that's amazing! You girls are so motivational. I'll be reading up on your blog too.

Nelle, awesome tip with the water. I often just eat...cos. But having a tea or water will help sus out if I just want to be doing something or if I'm genuinely hungry.

Twinkletoes Thankyou, I just might PM you! I eat pretty well, I think my main downfall is lack of exercise (and my splurges of naughty eating )

Nai, That's a great idea, like a daily food diary? Some days I think I'd at it though haha. But a great way to stay accountable.

Leesa, you rock You make me feel excited to exercise LOL! I feel pumped just reading your post.

Rhi, nawww you cutie! Wish I was closer, we could go together and get our Ben's to mind the kids, mwahaha!

Sunshine

ZF, small goals are the key, hey? I go, OMG 20kgs!!! and freak out, but 1kg seems a lot more attainable. And softdrink is the first thing to go for me too, DF and I finish a 1.25 bottle between us a night

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinZulu View Post
    ZF, small goals are the key, hey? I go, OMG 20kgs!!! and freak out, but 1kg seems a lot more attainable. And softdrink is the first thing to go for me too, DF and I finish a 1.25 bottle between us a night
    I am at that point in life where i have tried a million times over, i loose it in 5 or 10kg blocks and go SWEAT done... i realise now i don't care if i loose it 1kg a week or 5kg a week it's making a change in my life style, things that will work in the long run, not for this week or before the party next month etc.

We were also finishing a 1.25 every night b/w us plus softdrink with takeaway, if we were at the shops etc etc.
    If you want hun check out the blog i have on here, maybe we can bounce some ideas of each other for a weekly goal, like i said this week is no in car snacking and dancing with the kids 15min a day... you could do dancing for 15min while you vac etc etc.

Were here, baby steps, just remember though your DF thinks YOU are sexy no matter what... i find it hard to remember that my DP finds me attractive even when i don't.
    There are people that love us for who we are and not what we look like, i think it's about time i started loving myself for the same reasons!

Ok, so you're feeling pumped - now get on your trackies and runners - and get out and about for at least 45 mins. GO, NOW!!!

I totally felt how upset you were in your initial post, and I related that to how felt when I hated the sight of myself.

Fact : most times I don't even want to exercise, but once I've done it I feel so much better for having done so; the weight loss is the added bonus :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nai View Post
    I found that writing down everything I ate really helped me understand what I was putting in my mouth and thinking about it before I ate it. It really made me aware and accountable for what I was eating. Once I was accountable then I was able to start changing it.
    100% agree. Tacking is key to weightloss. It is so easy to be in denialabout what you eat, or to honestly not realise just how much food is in terms of kj - portion sizes are a killer.

It isn't enough to want to loose weight, you need to have a plan of attack.

I would second the WW suggestion, but there are other good healthy programs and options out there. If you don't want to join a program, maybe talk to a nutritionist.

Wear one of those granny knickers/abdominal support things, that suck in your tummy and thighs. They suppress your appetite. When I wore one, I didn't eat all day and didn't even feel the slightest bit hungry. Had to force feed myself!
    And try not to buy junky foods. Whenever I am at the shops and I go to buy them, I just think 'What a waste of money, I'd much rather buy some awesome steaks".
    This really works for me, my house is totally junkfood free, and whenever I want to snack, I'm forced to eat an apple or banana, or nuts, even if I really just want salt and vinegar chips. And I'm so used to it now. I don't even want those foods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast