Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else out there wanting to loose weight and get fit before TTC???

Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA from this thread for a while.
    Amysarah - you go girl

And Mel you are doing awesome! I've got to get your diet out and start following it me thinks.

Lea if I was having a baby up your way I'd let you be my midwife! I was a follow through for a student mid with Charli and although I had a crappy birth experience (CS under GA) she was a great support both before and after.

Missymoomoo, thats great that you are going to Curves. I'm embarrassed to say that I am a member too but havent gone for ages.

Kazbah, how are you going on the shakes?

Well I got on the scales the other day and I've put on 4kgs since I started this thread I wish I could fully blame it on the fact that I have graves disease and that my metabolism is constantly going up and down (which it does), but the fact is I'm a chocoholic. I need to go to chocoholics anonymous!
    Hmmm, it's o time of the month too right now and I'd sooo just love to make a bubba this month But I weight about 8 kilos heavier then when I fell with Charli.

Lea79 Guest

Hi everyone,

I have just finished night shifts so have been MIA for a few days, I cant do anything else when I'm on nights. The worst thing about them is that you eat to stay awake and its usually nibblies like junk food so I have been bad again. Oh well, I have 8 days off including today so time to work on assignments! I went for a ride on my little granny bike a few days ago and it was great except for the car of teenagers laughing lol I can imagine it would've looked funny with a fat chick riding this bike with a basket down the street. Oh well you get that! But it wont look like I have eaten the bike seat soon! hehe. Anyway, How has everybody been?

Missy - Congrats on setting date for your wedding PLUS TTC the same month! What a double goal to look forward to in losing weight, fantastic! You ask me what will happen if I dont get my 18 births. Well, I have 21 shifts to do 18 births so if I throw in a few night shifts there I shouldn't have too much of a problem. If I dont get them all I will just extend my time in birthsuite until they are all done. It will be new year and for some reason that is the prime time people have babies so everyone says that I shouldn't have a problem, wish me luck! We are TTC in December and a few weeks after that I will be back in birthsuite so I hope that if we are successful the first time that I dont get too sick.

Amy- thats a fantastic amount of exercise!You go girl! I might have to go for a ride this arvo just because I read your post lol

Mel- congrats on your initial weight loss! Thats great in one week! I'm thinking maybe I should give it another go too

Good going everyone! Makes me more motivated to know you are doing it too!

Spice- Dont you worry, I have the same probs as you do with chocolate cravings. That is exactly what I did on night shift! Thats really sweet of you saying you would let me help you birth your baby. I feel like everythings gonna work out fine! 4kg? perhaps its mostly fluid, I know I retain more than I used to thats why I lose weight quickly and gain it quickly. Sending you lots of slimming thoughts
    Last edited by Lea79; October 14th, 2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: addit

OH BUM!!

I fell off the wagon...... but I'm back on again TODAY (you hear that tummy - TODAY!).

We got stuck without a car on Monday and yesterday (we've since had to hire a car) and there was no food in the house on Monday night so........ we ordered pizza AND fudge brownies for dessert . I felt so guilty!!!!! I had a job interview yesterday so I didn't eat much - but had the leftover pizza for lunch .

I had weetbix with hot water this morning and I'll be walking tonight!!!

Lea79 Guest

me too! I got on again today! I went and got my hair cut this morning, just a trim then this afternoon I went for a bike ride, not very long but it still counts!I am panicking! Only 8 weeks to go b4 TTC and I'm still the same weight, well there abouts, oh well cant go worrying too much, get on with it! Hope everyone is all good

Hi Girls

Is it okay if I join you.

I have PCOS so the journey to lose weight is that little bit hard. I've been TTC for (feels like forever) and would love to lose some more before I do fall pg. At the end of 06 to mid 07 I lost about 15 kilos. I've put about 4-5kg back on and really need to lose another 15 (for starters). I was seeing a dietician, but for reasons I won't go into, cancelled all appointments and haven't been back. He put me on a Low GI diet with exercise. I was walking around 6 days a week sometimes once sometimes twice a day.

I'm having problems with walking again, (just lazy I think). I really enjoyed it before, just need to push myself out the door and I'll be right. Maybe some motivation is what I really need.

welcome Molly - the more the merrier

Don't worry about falling off the wagon guys - as long as its just a day here and there, not for like a month!! lol

I haven't fallen off it - and successfully ignoring the block of mint chip chocolate in my fridge!!!!

My OB agreed to support me in my quest for a VBA2C - all systems go for June next year baby!!!

hahahahaha

Hi guys, and welcome Molly!

Well, we are going to start TTC next month! woohoo . . . I want to lose 6 kilo's in the next 4 weeks. Can I do it??? Lea, I wish it was just fluid retention but I don't think so

Off track a bit here but woohoo to you Mel for your Ob supporting VBA2C. That's great news! I'm definately going to be pushing for my drugfree VBAC waterbirth. Can't wait!

I too would also love to join this thread. I have PCOS, though I am starting some natural therapy. My biggest problem is sugar and caffiene I work night shifts, with an agency, plus I study so my hours are all over the place. Just need a kick

Thanks!

welcome Haley! Welcome Molly! Mel - yay on your OB!

Well I sorta fell of the wagon ad have been trying to climb back on so have been running after that darn wagon! Just can't catch the bugger though.

Have been "good" ish - salads for lunch, mangoe and other fruit for snacks. The shakes are great, but if I can't find my shaker I'll go for a cuppa which is sorta bad. And Pip's sick so working from home with all that food. Prolly also drinking too much alcohol. Plus have AF. Doh.

Welcome girls!!

BIG WOO HOO for Mel - this is fantastic news and I know how important it is for you! Nothing like that to give you a big boost of motivation for some weight loss!

I was SO good yesterday - but I had icecream with choc topping for dessert. I'm going with the "slowly slowly" approach!

Big walk planned for tonight!

Amy - baby steps are fine honey - I go cold turkey from all junk food / alcohol because I know if I allow myself just one little bit extra - I want more!!!!!! I did the same when I gave up cigarettes too...

Kaz - pmsl @ the alcohol.. what I wouldn't give to drink the corona in our fridge!!!!!

I have a goal of 10kg (cos its half way for me) and I can have a saturday full of whatever I want to eat/drink.

then back on it on Sunday

Maybe I should be doing that - I should set a goal and if I get to it - I can have a mad day where I can eat whatever I want (sensibly of course!) and then get back on the next day and head towards the next goal.

First goal is 5kgs.

I think it helps if you make small stepping stones on the way to your big goal... otherwise you get distracted, unmotivated, don't feel like you can achieve it because it looks so unattainable..IYKWIM?

i am currently excersing and eating healthy in the hope of dropping some kg, this is being closely monitored by my doctor as we are also ttc already, i would like to loose a little before i fall pregnant, but at least i am on a health diet and excersice program now that with a little modification i will be able to carry on through pregnancy once i fall pg

That sounds great Kell.

good luck with your TTC journey!!

Hi Kell, I'm a bit like you. Not quite TTC yet but will be in 4 weeks time. I am hoping to shed 4-6 kilo's in the next 4 weeks then carry on from there. I'm not going to totally starve myself - about 1500 calories per day. As I have found in the past that if I restrict my calories too much the weight just comes back on sooo fast.
    When I've conceived I also want to stay on track under the monitoring with my Dr. I can really afford not to put on any baby weight. Last preg I gained 13.5 kilo's which isn't too bad but this time I want to maintan healthier choices and still lose a little fat during pregnancy. The calorie king website will tell you how many calories you can eat while pg in order to still lose a little weight. When my friend was pregnant with her third she did weight watchers (ww won't allow you to now but they used to) they just allocated about 6-7 extra points per day if you were pregnant and at nine months she weighed the same as what she did when she fell. So that's what I am going to aim for. best of luck! Hey and we may even end up being belly buddies

Thanks for the weclome!

My biggest issue is cutting out my sugar! I am addicted to the stuff, right now I have a nice cold glass of coke beside me. I dont drink coffee or regular tea so it's my 'caffiene fix' for the morning.

I have a pretty hectic day today, but since it is such a beautiful day, I will definately go for a walk this evening

My short term goal is to lose 5kgs, but I want to lose 20kg's in total

Haley - instead of normal coke, try the switch to coke zero or diet coke. You'll really notice the difference weight-wise.

Now if you're really game ... try the caffiene-free diet coke!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast