Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else out there wanting to loose weight and get fit before TTC???

I'm still BF'ing too, so i'm going to aim at 1700 Cals a day. I need a calorie counter book thingi!
    I find if a skip meals my milk is really effected, so from today it is healthy nutritional meals only.
    Every Thursday i walk with some mums and bubs, we do about 5km's, problem is we go to the bakery afterwards! Will have a salad sanga today, no treats.

Charlismumma- jarrah chocolatte sounds yummo, are they allowed? I've been on the aktavite to help my milk, well that might just be a good excuse because i love it! Might have to switch. (BTW my little girl was born on the 28/9 )

Hi Ange, you can buy a calorie counter book from the newsagents. They are really handy to have! You could still have someting a little yummy from the bakery as long as you count it in your calories. EG a scone with butter and jam is 180 calories. An iced cupcake is abot 140 calories and a friand is about 170.
    Don't give up on your actavite as it probably is good for your milk supply. Just have it with low fat milk. Oh, and if you're anything like I am with milo, don't go overboard with how much you put in.

The Jarrah's are good. Only about 60 calories each but they aren't very nutricious.

Welcome to all our new ladies. Well I've been good and I didn't even have any of the Roses chocolates that one of the patients gave us yesterday. YAY there is a first time for everything!!! I really do struggle on what to have for lunches but now with Mel's meal plan I'm getting my lunches under control too and I'm even feeling better so I actually have some energy to do some exercise. I can't believe I've been on this healthy eating for three weeks now and I've only had a handful of chicken chips. This is the best I've ever gone. I think I just needed the right motivation and what better motivation than TTC.
    Charli'smumma - I too have replaced my hot milk milo's with Jarrah hot chocolate which is actually quite yummy. What day is your weigh in?
    Ange - Keeping your milk supply adequate is your main priority so definitely don't skip any meals and that what help your weight loss either. Like the other girls have said add more calories and exercise and you should lose weight without affecting your milk.
    I can't go back any further, silly computer so hi to all the other ladies.

LOL Charli'smumma - I stand guilty as charged with the milo comment - I am a previous offender of filling a third of the glass with milo and the rest with milk!! I have been off the milo since Monday and I am being really good in that respect. Milk is my weakness - even though I only drink light milk I drink SOO much of it!!

I don't think anyone needs to go drastic when it comes to diets (such as my mum who is on Optifast ONLY for 3 weeks - which is in preparation for lap band surgery). I think if everyone maintains a healthy diet (meat, chicken, fruit, vegies) and plenty of water as well as 30 minutes of cardio EVERY day you will notice some great changes. It's also important not to skip meals (especially for you b/f mums!) and if you can, break your 3 meals up into 6 smaller meals eaten at even intervals throughout the day - this will help speed up your metabolism.

Yeah NurseDan, a while back i was never hungry so wasn't eating properly, it really effected my supply, so i am trying not to skip any meals. Sometimes i just forget! Mel's meal plan sounds good, i pm'd her, hoping she'll email me a copy too!

So i can't have 4 heaped teaspoons anymore???? alright, only 2.

Walked today, about 40min. man i am so unfit, i was huffing and puffing like a cow on heat!

Hi girls

Nurse Dan, my weigh in will be wednesdays. When is yours?

Amy, LOL on the milo. I'm the same. Just love eating all the crunchie bits off the top. Milo is strictly out of bounds for me now.

Falungi, how do you just forget to eat? Wish I had that problem! But yes, it wouldn't be good for your boobie milk.

Hmmm, this thread seems to have come to a grinding halt

I'll be honest. I have been quiet as I have not been sticking to my diet as I should be. Plus I've had a sick bubba for the past week so I havent exercised either.

Need some encouragement guys . . .

How is everyone else going?

I fell off the wagon too!! I've been on holidays and looking after mum (she had her lap band surgery). MUST get motivated this week - I haven't even stepped on the scales but I'm feeling bloated and awful - excerise is a must starting tomorrow!!!

hehee not alot of excercise going on either. Sick bub here too chalismumma!

I did make some low fat banana muffins today that are delicious. only ate 1.............although i can hear them calling.

Oh Ange - now I feel like a banana muffin!!!

Hi all,

I joined the weightloss support thread ages ago and it hasn't been used in weeks! I started my weightloss journey when Emma was 6 weeks old and I was 73.1kg. my goal is 58kg and I am currently hanging around the 59kg mark. It has taken me 7.5 months to get this far and I just want that last Kilo to go. we plan on TTC in December/January depending on my most fertile days.

argh - I worked out what weight I'd have to be to be under 29 BMI - I'd have to be a weight I've not been since I was 16.

I'm over the 40+ bmi at the moment (not as bad as I was at xmas time where I was 53bmi), my goal is to be in the 30s by August/Sept. Then hopefully close to the magical 29 by the end of the year.

Good luck punkin with your goal!! The last time I was my goal weight was when I was 16 as well!

Hello everyone

Wow, Alioops & Punkin, you are both doing sooo well! Punkin, do you mind if I ask how much weight you've lost so far???

Well, I've actually been really good this week. Not so good on the exercise part but eating wise I've been very motivated. I am seriously a chocoholic but I have not had any choc now for 5 days. My weigh in day is Tuesday so I'll let you know how I go.

Hi everyone, can I join this thread too?

I entered the New Years body transformation thread early this year - got really motivated, ate consistently well, joined a gym (totally out of character for me!) and lost about 5kgs. The past month to 6 weeks I have been off the wagon totally , not going to the gym much and eating what I feel like. Last week I went back to the gym again but I had put back on 1.5kg of what I had lost.

Would love to lose another 4-5kg before TTC. Am running out of time though
    My BMI is about 26.3. Losing 5kg would make it 24.5.

It's harder with the cold weather lately.....somebody please kick my butt!!

:goodluck2: to everyone, Punkin and Alioops you've both done so well!

Kaz consider your butt kicked!!

Could I please have one in return??

One of my friends who I hadn't seen in a while commented that I had lost weight the other day! I wouldn't know because Mum has my scales atm (hers broke) but I have been eating fairly well - although I haven't been making a HUGE effort - just not eating much junk. I usually LOVE walking in the mornings but it is so frikkin cold!! And at night by the time we get home it's too dark! Excuses, excuses, I know, I know

Ta Amysarah

I am only going to give you a small butt kick in return as you sound like you are going pretty well

Had a great first day properly back on the wagon - 80 mins of exercise at the gym and 1500 cals eaten.

Hi guys, well today was the end of my first week of being serious about shedding some lard. And as promised I'm here to report this weeks verdict. Well, I've lost 3 kilo's! . I know much of this would be fluid and I wont achieve this kind of loss again next week but it has given me the moivation to keep going.

How is everyone else?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast