Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else out there wanting to loose weight and get fit before TTC???

Hi Mel, I'm still here.
    Time to get serious now. Just finished charli's first birthday celebrations and time to lose 20 kilo's before TTC again. Looks like I may have a new job so wont be TTC now until March so that gives me plenty of time to lose the kilo's.
    You are a busy girl Mel - already planning to TTC #3

OK. So what are everyone's goals?

Mine are -10kg. Did well last week, lost 2kg on medislim, but today have blown it totally. Stupid bank didn't xfer the $$$ I need to get salad and stuff, so just ate what we have in the freezer ... the medislim is a no-carb diet and I had brown rice with veg for lunch

Stupid bank.

kazbah, I need to lose 20kg by March. I'm going to follow the weight watchers points.

My lovely DH told me on the weekend that I've let myself go (which I have but I didn't need it from him)
    However my comeback for him was that he drives me to eat he didn't say any more about it after that . . .

Default Scorecard!

Spice: -20kg / March 2009
    Kazbah: -10kg / Christmas 2008
    amysarah85: -15kg / June 2009
    Arimeh: - 20kg / June 2009
    Lea: -10kg / Christmas 2008
    MissyMooMoo: -10/15kg / End 2008

let's get cracking!
    Last edited by Kazbah; September 29th, 2008 at 03:16 PM.

I'm still here - eating a crunchie and sipping on a can of solo

I will be going off the pill June 2009 and "seeing what happens" so I need to lose 15kgs by then.

Add me - 20kgs - by june 2009 (amy we might be belly buddies!!!)

Lea79 Guest

Hi everyone, I havent posted on this forum for ages. I think the last was like early march but I'm back. During that time I have lost a few kilos, i think about 5 only to put it all back on again. I tend to lose weight quickly but it comes back to me quickly too and I think I retain fluid when I'm overweight too which isn't such a great thing if we are planning on trying to get preggers in December, only 2 1/2 mths away!!! This morning I have been trying on all my clothes, I wish something would just swim on me instead of just fitting, like if I was to put on 1 more kilo I would burst out of it! Oh well, enough sooking now, I gotta get my butt moving! Selena bought me a bike from a garage sale the other day after mine got stolen in our yard, was so sweet even if its a little granny bike with a basket still does the job! I'm gonna go for a ride this afternoon and see how I go. I used to ride for almost an hour everyday so if I can get back to enjoying it half as much I will be all good. I feel like I need a bit of a detox so went to the markets yesterday and bought huge amounts of fruit n veg. I mean I dont have to give up everything like dairy and bread and eggs but cut them down significantly. My sisters from Mackay came to visit last week and we all went over to magnetic island for 3 nights. I know we indulged a fair bit on food and drinking but we did so much outdoor activity, it felt terrific! We went rock climbing, fishing, swimming and it was so nice to actually get outdoors and enjoy it instead of doing it just to exercise.

Anyway, how has everybody else been coming along?

Spice - dont go listening to your hubby. He probably doesn't realise how hard it is to lose weight.

Hope everyone else is getting stuck into it!

Cheers,

Leanne

Lea79 Guest

oh yeah and my goal is 10 kg by xmas!

Lea - maybe that's the key for you? So sweet of Selena to buy you a cute bike. Hey, we might end up belly buddies too!

Now ... here's our first challenge.

Walk to work day on October 5 or Ride to Work day on the 15th.

Choose one, and try not to use the car that day! If you're not working at the moment, then walk to the shops, the library ... anywhere!

ok... i can walk to the shops on the 5th (hard to ride a bike with baby and toddler...lol)

who else is in?

The 5th is a Sunday and the 6th is a public holiday in NSW! I will be in Melbourne so I will be walking and catching PT during the day anyway.

I'm planning on doing the bike thing on the 15th

But on the 5th, if I need to go to the shops, I'll walk there !

Lea79 Guest

I'm up for riding to work if I'm working a day shift on the 15th. Too scary to ride at night! Also depends if I am actually working since they havent given us our roster for then typical but if I cant ride to work I will ride to the shops!

Hmm, I can't walk to work as to get here I have to go along a major motorway but I promise I'll got for a walk in my lunchbreak.

Leanne, yes DH has no idea. He is 6ft 5, and 85 kilos. He'd never be overweight.

Can i still join in here and get involved?

If so, 10-15kg's before end of 2008....

What is everyone doing? I have been thinking of joining curve's, but we are due to move in the next 2 months so... :S im not sure if i can join them. Should go find out ey!

Missy - I have my own diet that I've made up - and once I have eaten all the chocolate in the house will go back to it.. lol

As for exercise.. hmm.. not that easy I'm afraid!! I don't live in a great neighbourhood so walking at night is out of the question.. sorta hoping that running after DS all the time will help...plus when DD is up and crawling that gives me two to chase!! I will try and go out for walks more - just hard here with no footpaths and a pram.. but I will try.. really... will.. try....

Welcome MissyMooMoo!

I'm doing MediSlim and walking at lunchtime. And after work.

Mel - why don't you get a sling/babycarrier and babywear the kids? More exercise and the lack of sidewalk doesn't matter!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast