Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else out there wanting to loose weight and get fit before TTC???

Quote Originally Posted by charli'smumma View Post
    Wow, Alioops & Punkin, you are both doing sooo well! Punkin, do you mind if I ask how much weight you've lost so far???
    about 12kg since xmas (I think - haven't stood on scales for a while) - a proportion of that is pure stress loss - but DH is buying me a Wii Fit for my birthday so I can not gain the weight back that I've lost because of the stress.

Goal is to be a size 16 by the end of winter.

Put my wedding corset on last night - still fits but I can now put my hands in the cups of it - which means my breasts have gotten smaller - which is strange considering my bra size has gone up (well the cup size has - actual size is smaller).

Got measured for a girlfriend's wedding in August - I'm sitting between a 18 & 20 in the sizings they have - we've ordered me a 20, which means I have to have it made smaller, but that is better than getting the smaller size and not quite losing the last few cms & having the dress be a biatch to wear!

oh yeh - I now get off the bus 3 bus stops before my usual one in the afternoon and walk home, when it was light when I got home I used to walk along the brook and walk the long way home from my normal bus stop - but the bikepath along the brook isn't lit - so I now get off a few stops earlier and walk about 20 mins home.

hi

I am another one who would like to loose weight

Why is it so easy to become so fat and why does unhealthy food taste so good

yet getting rid of weight is such a nightmare and the food so boring

20 kilos to loose and it is fighting
    starting lite n easy next week

Hey Charli'smumma WTG on 3kgs!!!!

You too Sharon, 12kg is a fantastic effort. You should be really proud of yourself.

Onlyone - I would be interested to hear how you find lite n' easy. I think it seems easy to become overweight because it doesn't take any thought or effort. The easy foods are usually the high fat ones! It does usually take a while to put on weight though, and its the same when coming off - all you can do is take one day at a time!

I have been to the gym 2-3 times per week the last couple of weeks and I am feeling better but ate way too much yesterday Think AF is around the corner though so hopefully next week will be back on track.

Wow Punkin, You've done so well! And you will feel so fantastic in yourself when you have to get that size 20 dress taken in

Yes Onlyone, I'd like to hear how you go on the lite n easy too!

kaz, that's fantastic that you've been going to the gym. Ive been so slack in that department. I just feel guilty if I go on my way home from work as that means DD is practically in bed by the time I get home. Wish the bloody gym was open later than 7pm as I'd be able to go after DD has gone to bed otherwise!

Yeah I also wish the gym would be open later and also open after 12pm on Sat on the weekends and I don't even have kids yet!

I am very worried about blowing up like a balloon when UTD and want to go into pregnancy with reasonable fitness so that is where the motivation comes from. Even without kids at home, it is still difficult to get off work by 5pm to get to a class more than 2 or 3 times per week.

Well it was AF causing mass eating of crap, CD1 for me......I am now almost out of time to lose weight before we start TTC But, that is assuming no delays, it could be months away which is more than enough time to lose 5kg so I need to keep that in mind to stay on track.....

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Damn cold here.

Hey Kaz, don't stress too much about blowing up while you are UTD. I was already pretty overweight when I fell pregnant (I thought I had enough time up my sleave to lose about 12 kilo's beforehand, but I conceived literally first try, which I totally did not expect) So I just told myself I was not going to go overboard whilst pregnant. I put on a total of about 13 kilo's during the pregnancy (which is average) and I probably wouldn't have even put on that much if I did not give in to my cravings for vanilla slices towards the end You have to remember too, that your metabolism does speed up while you're preg so you shouldn't really put on heaps unless you totally throw caution to the wind.

Good luck with TTC. I won't be too far behind you!

Oh PS: BTW, a BMI of 26 is nothing to worry about girl, so if you fell straight away who cares
    Last edited by ~mamaspice~; May 24th, 2008 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks Charli'smumma - I didn't know that about metabolism speeding up when pregnant! Why is it that people tell you all the bad stuff, like varicose veins and m/s and water retention and none of the good stuff like faster metabolism That makes me feel a whole lot better!!

whoohooo on falling first try last time! I wish everyone of us could be that lucky! Charli is totally gorgeous btw.

Thanks Kaz, yeah, I do think she's pretty cute if I do say so myself

I had a bad bad bad day everyone. Not a happy camper today and I totally went out of control with the choccy box at work. Did it make me feel better??? Well for a minute or 2 maybe. I'm totally disgusted in myself for bingeing. I'm not allowed to do it again . . .

I'm feeling pretty bad myself CM - I caved into the "quick" lunch option and grabbed a Maccas burger - only to find that when I got home Dh had ordered pizza for dinner!! i feel TERRIBLE! need motivation, determination and some bloody self disipline!!

ok girls, you can't undo today. What is eaten is eaten. All you can do is contain the damage to one day and get back on the wagon tomorrow.

I usually have very ordinary weekends for eating too much (read [email protected]) and exercising too little (read none at all). Every monday and tuesday I get back on track, eat well and go to the gym. Depending on how the week is going, I will either stop gym by Wed or (if I'm lucky) Thursday and limp along with middle of the road eating until the weekend again. I am kind of consoling myself that at least I am still at the gym and that this is hopefully evening out the weekend horrors so the weight remains stable at least and I can maintain my fitness.

There. So what are you girls doing that is good/healthy? There must be a few things....focus on those and don't just think about today either. Use your feeling of "terrible" to motivate you to be good for a while. Thats what I do every Monday morning and it helps me not feel so bad for eating too much all weekend

The thing that motivates me is pictures of me and DH when we first got together - that was the last time I was my goal weight (I blame DH hehe).

Positive things... Hmmm... I plan on walking at lunchtime today through the gardens (I work next door to them) and taking in the beautiful autumn surroundings. I guess a walk is a good start! I just need to get to bed earlier at night so I can get up earlier and walk before I get ready for work. That's the plan...

Enchanted Guest

girls!

I too am wanting to join in here! I really need to drop 20kgs. A lovely BBer has given me a meal plan which I am going to try, so I am going to print out the info today and track everything I eat. Just wondering what days everyone is weighing themselves? Thought maybe we could all list our weights as we way ourselves so we have someone to answer to?! Let me know what you think!

I think that is a great idea to keep a list and track weight. You're right about having someone to answer to - it does work!! I don't have any scales at the moment though - I should have them back in the next couple of weeks so I will start keeping tabs then and posting here. Great idea!

Hey Danielle - weighing in on here sounds good. I usually weigh myself on the weekends but it can be a bit all over the show depending on how organised I am.

AmySarah - I blamed DP for my weight gain after we first got together too Too bad I can't use that excuse anymore as I've lost and gained the same 10kg ever since!!! Good on you for going for a walk.

I have had a typical week - starting well and the on a downhill slide. Going to be really good with eating today and walk this arvo too!!

Lea79 Guest

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would pop in to say hello. We are planning on ttc starting december this year but I want to lose about 15 to 20 kg before then so i can have a healthy pregnancy and avoid GD and PE. So now I have 6 months to do this, the pressure is on. I have started eating healthy but I still need to get out there and exercise more often. Its hard when you are so busy. Its great to hear of all you ladies' weight losses, congrats! I will be hanging around and will keep you updated. I'm here to talk if anybody needs it. All the best ladies,

Leanne

Hi Lea - nice to meet you I was very anti-exercise (always just tried to eat less to compensate) but then joined a gym and discovered that I love exercise, although it is hard to find enough time after work.........it definitely feels better to be fitter! even though I'm not sure I'm really losing that much weight anymore. GL

Danielle - I completely forgot to weigh myself this morning Was so hungry I got breakfast as soon as I got up!! Maybe tomorrow....

Hi all, just popping in again. Hope all are going well with their weight loss - and remember, tomorrow is always another day to get back onto the horse so don't lose hope if you have a bad day. I had days of eating a packet of tim tams, but would just get back on the horse the next day.

Lea - I've emailed you that plan.

Good luck guys!! I'll be joining this thread once I pop this little monster out...

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast