Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #1

Thanks Shazz! We will be yummy mummys!!!! I just need to find the right foods that fill me up but aren't bad thats my problem!

Ok thanks Lea - ignore my post in the other thread wondering where it got to then. Will go find the other food thread

Ohhh Sorry I'm confusing everyone... gee I'm confusing myself!!

Could you all check this thread and see if you need to get details to me.

Thanks.

Well, i decided i better get of my backside and actually do some exercise if i want to lose some weight..

So, i jumped on the cross trainer tonight with my discman (my mp3 was out of batteries, felt like i was stepping back in time with such a bulky thing lol), and i did

10.4km (in 30 mins!)

I know its probably pathetic compared to everyone else, but i don't care, i'm so proud of myself for 1) actually going and getting on and doing anything, and 2) doing it for 30 mins without slowing down.

I can't remember what kind of km's i was doing before i got pregnant (i kept it somewhere, as i made a chart so i could try and beat my PB), but i don't think it was quite so much.

Let's just hope i can keep it up!

My ten reasons are on my blog here

Thats fast Yael. I do about 4 in 25 minutes at the gym!

Yael - thats great!! I dont think I can do that much. The most I do on the cross trainer is 10mins!

I took my female dog out for a run today and I nearly died!! I came back as red as a tomato and when I was putting my dog back in the backyard, she nearly got out again cause she wanted to go for another run! She is soo crazy. All she wants to do now is RUN. I wish I never started running with her LOL But atleast someone is pushing me, she's like a personal trainer I then went to RPM tonight. That was good!!

Any way, I must go. I am doing my dive course this weekend and I have a huge challenge there... a HuGE swim in the pool, maybe like 500m. I am such a week swimmer.

well done Yael

Well done Yael... I can only do 15 mins on the x trainer at the most LOL...

I felt soooo good when I got home from work yesterday, I ate healthy all day and I power walked home from the bus stop (I got off 2 stops early). But then disaster struck!

I went to bed last night, sick as a dog. The boys (my DH & DSS) decided that KFC was what they were making for dinner, I had a wrap and 2 popcorn chicken bits and the fat/oil (I think they cook in canola and I'm canola intolerant) in them sent my body into shut down mode, I was clammy all over, shaking, dizzy etc, so I crawled into bed after drinking a 1.25l bottle of water. I've been awake on and off since they woke up to go fishing at 4am (they left at 5:45 as they were fixing fishing rods etc), so at 6am I decided to get up. I'm now drinking a protein shake with a banana in it, I don't want to tax my body too much yet, may have a more substantial breakfast when I get to work.

Hey Everyone I thought I would join in the challenge as well. I've been reading the posts for a couple of days and finally decided to post. I'm looking at losing at least 20kg and I really want to lose most of that before 6th of March which is my Brothers wedding. Has anyone got any tips for me lol. I've changed a few things in my diet from looking at blood type diets and have started exercising again using my exercise bike, dancing and doing some crunches and things.Any advice would really be appreciated.

OMG Yael that is fantastic! I generally only do 10 minutes running on the walker as well. But I always do a fast walk on an incline as well. But I never reach 10kms in 30 minutes! WTG girl!!

Ngala you brave girl doing RPM. I've never done it before... it scares the bejesus out of me!!!

Not going to the gym till later today. Have my parents coming over first so I better go and have breakfast before they get here!

Lea - Yeh I know that RPM scares a few people but it really is a good class to do!! They say if you go to your full potential you will burn 700 calories in the 45 mins. I normally say to people to just give it a few goes and see how you go, you could surprise yourself!

Hey Tyige!! I lost about 20kg in 5 months ( I was told to stop or I wouldnt fit in my wedding dress!), but I guess 8 of that was lost within 2 weeks after I birthed my daugther. I did that by totally changing my diet and also going to the gym about 7 times a week, plus I went for walks with my dogs. Some people think that that was really extreme but it worked for me and I felt so good while I was doing it. So you have just got to work out what is best for you. If you do have the time (I see you have two kids) and there is a fitness center near you, maybe give it a go. Another thing I did was cut out about half of my carbs intake a day, I have most my carbs for dinner. Some people say not to have carbs at dinner but I didnt know what to cook that didnt have carbs, but I do go to classes most evenings after dinner. But I think the main thing is, if you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything!

I dont know if anyone is interested, but I got this thing off my friend a few months ago, I've never tried it but its meant to work! Its called '8 minutes in the Morning to Lean Hips and Thin Thighs'. It says that if you follow it, you can lose up to 4 inches in 4 weeks and its all stuff that you can do at home. If any one is interested, I could scan all the cards in and email it through to you? I havent done it, I started but gave up quickly but this was when my DD was only a few weeks old, but my friend did it for a little while and she said she could see some difference!

I've been for my walk and run this morning already and about to hit the gym! LOL I think everyone on here will soon realise that I dont stop for a minute, thats what my Baby Buddies think!

Go Yael!

Schaz, hope you are feeling better soon hun!

Ngala you sound like the rocket I need. I'll give them a go if you feel like scanning them, i'll send you my email. Don't worry if it's too hard though.

Tyige I lost 20kg in a couple of months to go to the police accademy. Yes I was childless at the time, but it can be done. I found exercise to be the key. There is a couch to 5km challenge on the boards some where. I did something sililar at the time (and would do it now if it wasn't over 35 every day) and found it really beneficial. Good luck.

20kgs in a couple of months eh? That sounds like a dream for me.

Ngala i'd be interested in that too sounds alright i'm willing to adopt a lot of diffenrent things to get me to goal my email is in my options thingy ta

Cool Ladies!! I've just gotten back from the gym. I will feed DD and have some lunch myself and then I will scan it all in and email you ladies

I'd be interested in that too nglala

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast