Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #2

I reckon RPM is a killer - depending on the instructor. I went to a class were the instructor was watching every person in the class and individually catching us all out! That was a killer!

Lucy - I was going to suggest hiring too. I've been using the elliptical riders at the gym, and they give me a really good work out. Dont burn that many calories, but stil a good cardio!

Ray - I agree, I dont want to do the run leg either!!!

I'm a bit annoyed - I was reading the paper this morning, and the gym I joined on Monday is having a Jan special where you get not joining fe ($25) and free PT sessions. Noone mentioned this to me, so I am going to have to go and say..... OI!!!!! I really need the PT sessions I think.
    I hope they are nice about it!

I havent "officially" joined the challenge but I have only recently started exercising again so I have been keeping on eye on this thread for inspiration!

V - are you able to send me the (or tell me where I can fine them) 8 minutes exercises - they sound great.

Good luck everyone else.

Jem

Hey Renstar congrats on your 3kg loss - that's great

DH flys off to sydney this morning, so I can go full-guns ahead with everything now, I will miss him but at the moment his work is there and mine is here, so we will have a long distance relationship for quite a bit this year (even more long distance if he does the summer concert season in Europe)

congratulations Renstar on your loss!
    well I was really good yesterday, going to pilates and staying on track food wise. Well, I didn't eat anything I wasnt supposed to but I probably should have eaten more vegies than I did, but DH wasnt home and DS was asleep so there wasnt a lot of opportunity for food shopping.

Food shopping for me today and I'm about to sit down and do a meal plan. I have LOTS of lamb to eat lol so that's what I'm gonna have for the next few weeks. I am trying not to buy any junk at all... if its not there then I can't eat it lol!

I think I am going to RPM again tonight. Sucker aren't I??

Fi I hope you get those PT sessions! I got a free one with my membership but I am almost too scared to take it... I feel silly taking one when I know I can't afford to have them on a permanent basis.

Renstar that is a fantastic effort! WTG Don't beat yourself up over a few slip ups... everything in moderation remember!

Kim Do you feel as though those exercises are working? I started printing them out and then ran out of paper lol. I didn't realise it was so long!!

Schaz Buggar about your DH going away for awhile. But at least you have this to keep you motivated. How long is he going for? He will certainly notice the difference in you!!

Lea - you should take that PT session. Its good because you may go on a peice of equipment that you never even thought of going on before.

Jem - hey!! I PM'ed you asking for your email address so once I get that, I will email it through to you

Why is it that when I want to do something, like go for a swim in the pool, DD decides not to go to sleep like she is meant to when she is clearly tired!

Can't stop to chat.....gotta fly out of the door.......but just wanted to pop in to tell you all I had my weigh in today at kate Morgan.........I lost 3.1kg!

Woohoo Lucy that is awesome...

So great to see losses... makes me keep focused on beating you all hahahah j/k

I will be weighing again tomorrow, heres hoping there is a change from next Friday (even though my exercise has been really slack!!!)

Not been active here for a few days - also not been active physically either.

Was a bit disappointed end of last week when i hadn't lost anything regardless of the manic cleaning and gardening Ihad been doing.

But let's face it - I really wasn't eating enough or drinking enough.

My body doesn't respond well to missed meals - I don't get hungry - it just sort of shuts down.

This week I have been a lot more focused and have had a .5 kilo loss already.

I am really getting into some sort of riutine that will have me having breakfast etc. We have a double story place and I get up, go to bathroom, go into study and 4 hours later I have had nothing to eat or drink!

So, now I am am preparing for a week at a time. Making smoothies and freezing.Not as good as fresh but better than nothing or junk. I take powdered supplements so each night I will take out my smoothie and let it deforst - then add nutritional powders and drink.

It is a start!

Default how to drink more water

I have a real problem with water - any liquid.

I am like a camel and have been since a kid. I just don't rcognise thirst so the only way for me to get liquid into my body is to do it as a routine.

Today I had this revelation. I prefer drinking out of a small tumbler glass ratherthan a big glass. This is 150ml versus 300 ml.

150ml is nothing - four mouthfuls - reasonable size - not sips but not big gulps either.

But how is this!!

2 liters = 14 small glasses - one an hour.....

so, each hour I have four mouthfuls of water - even set a time sometimes.

And the thing is - when I drink the 150ml, I can often double it!!

I know this is my third post - that's what happens when I have three days off....

Fi - I did that triathlon when I was slimmer and youger - glad u think the swim is short - my weakest leg....came totally last but I did it!! A great challenge. Don't just train on an indoor bike or treadmill though - you need to go outside - treadmills are way easier than running outside so run about 30% more on the treadmill.

Kim - you may want to check out inliven on belly belly - http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/show...hlight=inliven - it really sorts out any gut issues. You can buy it through belly belly as well. There is a link somewhere.

Everyone else.....keep up the good work

I am off for 2 days partying in Sydney on Saturday and am hoping to keep on the straight and narrow. DH is currently away in Sydney - left on Wed and back on Fri - then we both fly to Sydney on Saturday. You'd think he would have stayed there for Fri nite but he is coming home to meet someone for drinks. I come back Mon but he stays all week.

What is means to me is a week of eating what I like with no temptations. I always lose weight when he is away......wonder if I should get divorced in order to get thin...???

Off to make lunch and have more water.....

Tracey, does inliven have any blood sugar balanceing effects? I find I have trouble in this area

WTG Lucy! Much going on here for you!

Lea - I did food shopping today too. I didn't really plan much re; meals but have done that in the past and found it worked really well. I just made sure everything that went in was healthy, unprocessed, low fat etc (except for milk - I am going to try full cream milk for a bit because I think it helps you absorb more calcium? I think Shaz put up a post about it somewhere around here).

what will help with absorbing calcium is to get more form non dairy sources (in addition to them) as the high protein levels in dairy can inhibit calcium absorbtion.

AGHHHH I feel like screaming.

Haven't done a single yoga yet. Pip doesn't like 11am for some reason. He's been screaming since then, I've put him in his cot while I get some time in another room!

Anyhows, I think my microwave is conspiring to keep me healthy - I went to nuke a couple of mini-pies for lunch and they burnt very badly, so had flavoured tuna in springwater on vitawheat instead.

the C25K is going well, I had to redo week 1 with my gf but that's OK
    Tracey - I'm with you, I just forget to eat & drink until I'm really hungry.

can someone point me in the direction of this cardio program? Sounds like one I designed for clients in the past but would like to see what someone else put together.

rayray - yes, it helps with blood sugar - I find I don't get the sugar swings when I take it.

We call it getting 'hangry' ..... when you get hungry and your blood sugar falls and you get angry and you eat junk to pull it up fast!!
    Last edited by Lea13; January 17th, 2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Double post

Tracey - we have thread on it ... http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=55371

Or the direct site is ... Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast