Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #7

Yes we are moving but exact dates and location are yet to be finalised. We estimate September but it all depends on the army.

Thanks Ali for giving me the push to start writing again - I feel a lot better.

Just to let you all know - I've booked in to see our FS in early August. We should have our tax back by then, and we'll be able to start IVF.

Quite curiously, we are still not being charged for frozen storage...I checked and they said another couple of months...weird...

Yay on having you back Gargy, glad you feel a little more inspired to write again,though I am not the most reliable of friends at the moment spending everynight at the hospital, Paige even said 'no nanny' tonight but was fine when she got there with her cousins.
    good to hear you have a start back date hon, hope all goes well so you can stick to it.
    love to you all keep well, Allie xxxx

Allie, ohh honey, good news about the house selling. for what's happening with your mum.

Alioops - how much say do you have with where/when you move?

Gargy - yah!! for getting back into writing and Yah for IVF!!

to everyone else, I'm here in Adelaide with DH on his last visit here for work - I decided that I needed some time off just dagging around and coming to Adelaide to catch up with DH's family and just spend time doing what I wanna do and playing the tourist in my old home town is just what the doctor ordered.
    pregnant for 4 weeks on monday. BT again on Saturday (will be here on Friday). Relying on having afternoon naps at the moment.

Tarkine: we choose the house but not the city or the dates. it is good though, we see the country and get paid to do so. While you are in Adelaide do you want to catch up? PM me.

Gargy: No probs hun :hugs:

Blizz: :hugs: Family comes first.

Dusty: Growvibes to Em's ovaries and :stickyvibes: for you.

Not much happening here.

ali, It was only a really quick trip to adelaide - flew down tuesday night and came home tonight - caught up with a GF and my SIL. Boy I'm so tired at the moment, could barely do anything else... sorry I missed catching up with you .

Flight home was quick (thank goodness) got sat next to a guy who sat with his legs spread (and our thighs were together for the entire flight (coz I wasn't going to shrink into my seat and be uncomfortable) and he had on really strong deodorant (which made me feel really icky), so I was really glad to get off that plane!! I really hate being next to people with strong perfume/deodorant/aftershaves/BO - just drives me up the wall! I have chemical sensitivities and get bothered by these things..

Loved catching up with my SIL, who hugged me and gave me a look, then when we sat and had coffee, she said "your pregnant aren't you?.. You dont' have to answer its ok". I just looked at her and said "Gee D, how'd you know?" and she was tickled pink at being called Aunty!! We had a good girl talk and I really miss not being closer to her - she is really cool and lovely person. Sigh!

How's everyone else travelling?

Good on you for standing your ground on leg space - people are amazing aren't they?

I know what you mean about perfumes - I can remember as a teenager going to church and getting a migraine because someone was wearing too much perfume.

Yay on your SIL picking up on your pregnancy! Sounds like a great relationship you have there.

Not much to report here - just wish I could get over this cold...

hi all

tarkine, i hope all is going well for you. thanks for your messages.

gargy, lovely to see you hun. hope you don't need too much encouragement to come on in and say hi!

allie, hun, sounds like it has been a tough run for you and your family but i am glad you are doing ok. thanks for sharing with us. i hope it has helped. stay strong and let us know when you need a hug or two.

ali, thanks for your message to Em on AED. she was stoked to get it. she is blown away by the coincidence IYKWIM!

lulu, big hugs to you. hope you are holding up waiting for the next big one.

lissie, if you are around and about and feel like sharing i would love to know how you are going for your upcoming FET. been thinking of you guys a lot, especially in prep for our own donor cycle.

well gals Em is a trooper and is following all the textbooks with this cycle. she is having her EPU tomorrow morning. she is quite nervous, feels like she is going to be taking an exam. i keep assuring her that if it doesn't work it doesn't matter as she has given us this chance which is a wonderful thing.

will update tomorrow.

xx

Dusty, I was happy to post it hun

Hope you are all doing well. I am up with sick bubba so hope for a nap tomorrow

Hope you got that nap already Ali...

News just in, Emma was amazing and came through really well. She is tucked up in bed and DH and I are minding the kids (they are asleep too). Em had 8 eggs and we will find out fertilisation fate tomorrow.
    As she said to DH and I, it is all up to us now....

xxx

Congrats hun! So glad she responded so perfectly! lets hope they all fertilise and there is some sticky ones in there. You cant stop at 1 bub with 8 there waiting

fantastic news dusty!! sending you loads of positive thoughts

I've got cold symptoms (or a cold) at the moment, feeling really tired, but can't really sleep, still on progesterone, and the BT on saturday showed that they are no longer monitoring the pregnancy hormone, just progesterone which was 235 - hoping I don't have to stay on crinone til 12 weeks - at roughly $182 for a week, its a tad bit expensive. Will have to go and have a talk with medicare and see if I can get anything back.

Had one of those days today at work - am really looking forward to maternity leave

Hi all, yay Dusty, great result fingers crossed for you sweets,Tarkine, hearing you on the maternity leave at the moment, so much stress it's exhausting.
    mum's ok still no ideas more tests to do yet, poor dad is under great stress at work and I am really worried about him, he just wants mum home again.
    well I can hear my princess at the gate which means she is no longer in her bed so mummy to the rescue I guess, love to you all Allie xxxxx

oh blizz.. I hope they find out what is wrong with your mum soon.. must be hard on you sweetie. take care of yourself in between taking care of everyone else

Dusty, congrats on the number of eggs - that's great!!

Tarkine - SNAP on the bad day at work today. Hope you get over the cold soon. Ouch on the cost of meds! Sorry - I'm a little lost - are the progesterone levels too high or low?

Blizz - sorry you are feeling so exhausted. I hope they find some answers about your Mum's health for you soon, so that your Dad can relax a little. Take care - mwah to you, DH, Paige and little bubba!

Hi Lissie, Lulu and Ali!

progesterone levels are too low - the IVF drugs 'nuked' them and they are taking their time in coming back up

just a quick update, we have 5 lovely embryos out of 7 suitable eggs. We are stoked and enjoying the next few days before ET.

Hugs to you all and will catch up soon.
    Gargy and Allie an extra special big hug coming your ways for the tough time you have been having lately .
    xx

Tarkine they come back up soon!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast