Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #7

Takine - I am keeping an eye on him for you, and he is behaving perfectly wish you were here with him though do we could catch up!

Gargy and Tarkine - I think the forgetfulness is to do with the weather more than anything. I have it too.

Blizz - OMG!!!! I would have freaked too! you do have another car dont you? If DH did that I would be carless for ages and living where we do we would end up spending a fortune on taxi's. sucks to only have 1 car.

Ali - good luck getting DH to behave himself .. thanks for keeping an eye on him - he's very cheeky How's things with you

Gargy - did you get the papers signed?

Blizz - is DH in the good books yet?

Hi Tarkine,

Yep, got the papers signed yesterday! We were supposed to pick the car up today: I paid the deposit Monday, signed the paperwork yesterday, DH took the day off and signed the paperwork today so he could pick up the car.

Unfortuantely the car buyer's excuse was that the car inspection had been delayed and the car will not be ready until Friday. DH was less than impressed. The car buyer said that he will deliver our new car to my work on Friday, and pick up our car. Problem is that Friday is my busiest day! So I will have to ring him to find out if/when this will be possible.

So feeling a little grumpy that the car was not ready today.

Hi all, just calling in quickly to touch base.
    Well DH's car was put on the back of the tow truck today and taken to the insurance assessors are expecting to hear back tomorrow but it will be more than likely written off as it is only valued at $4000.
    DH is really sad as it was his mum's car and one of the few things he inherited from his mum's estate but it doesn't look like we could repair it ourselves reliably either.
    I am borrowing my mum's car on Thursday for the week and DH will take my car to Queenstown this will buy us a couple more weeks to look for a car rather than jumping straight in and buying something else DH will go to the bank tomorrow and see what money they will give us (if any) towards the cost of a new car, the catch is that the bank appointment was originally to find out if the bank will give him a start up loan for his buisness so I don't like our chances of extra money on top of this but we'll see.

Tarkine I hope you are feeling a little better and not quite so dizzy,

Gargy, how goes the new car?????

Ali,
    you are right one car will be a buggar and quite an inconvienience, I just hope we don't buy an old lemon as we are limited for funds and stretched for time (I don't have a good feeling about this!!!)
    good to hear you are keeping an eye on Tarkine's DH for her as well

LOL... you posted while I was writing my catch up....bummer about the car, how frustrating, hope you get it in time for the weekend hon.

Gargy - BUMMER!!! i would be kicking up a stink if i were you! hope you can get it sorted out!

gargy that sux re the car.. dealerships hey?

blizz.. I know how your DH feels.. I don't have anything except a few jumpers that my mum knitted me - don't have anything that reminds me of dad - except photos - two of my sisters took it upon themselves to clear out their stuff and it "disappeared" *sigh*..

I hope I'm making sense????

Oh Tarkine that's horrible - although a friend of mine that works in respite says that it happens all the time! You'd be amazed how many people attend a funeral with a trailer on the back of the car to clear out the house at the same time (and usually BEFORE the will is read).

Actually she also told me how relatives just throw out old photo albums when people die -this was straight after I'd done a project to label all my photos!

Blizz - I hope your DH got a few photos with the car before he had the accident, so that he has something to remember.

As for me - feeling very P*ssed off - Dad just rang from Perth to get me to pay insurance and rego for the caravan - I have just BOUGHT A CAR and have limited money. GRRRR!! This was NOT in the original agreement when they went away. All I can say is the Bl**dy cheque better arrive on Monday, otherwise there will be tears!

Gargy, wow that is really hard especially when you are just about to buy a new car.
    we can't even scratch our selves at the moment.
    I have borrowed mum's mazda 2 but have just noticed how bald the tyres are am only hoping that I don't get booked while I'm driving it.

Tarkine sorting stuff out after loved ones pass on is the hardest thing, I remeber when my nan died we were at her house and my auntie chucked a tantie Paige would be proud of and ran crying out of the house her reason - she saw me, 14 at the time wearing a ring and assumed that it had been given to me even though the rings were promised to her daughter...I might add that the totally gawdy piece of costume jewellry I was wearing was out of my mums junk jewellery box and was really UGLY
    can't choose your family I guess-sigh

Zac didn't have any photos with the car but he does have other photos and items around
    Well I am totally exhausted so I will pop back in tomorrow night after I have had some sleep night all
    Zac has gone back to work tonight house is feeling a little empty, double sigh!!!!

how is everyone? Nothing to report here, except goofy here rocked up for a BT on thursday, only to be told - your supposed to be in on monday (DOH!!)
    ROFLOL!!

Also coming in for a quick visit - we HAVE THE CAR!! Yay!!

Feeling less cranky with Dad - he rang again tonight to say the cheque is posted and to say 'thankyou'.

Also found out that my sister is leaving for her European holiday on Sunday! She is dropping in tomorrow so we can say bon voyage. I knew she was going soon, but didn't realise it was this weekend!

Shall be going to bed shortly too...very long week - hi to eveyone, hope you are doing well!

Gargy YAH! for the new car! What colour did you get?

Hi Tarkine,

An iceblue Camry!! Late 2006 model. I really wish we could go on a long trip somewhere soon with it. However it really calmed me down after having a crappy day at school on Friday.

Actually the car came in rather handy today - my sister wanted to see my Nan. Nan is currently staying in Cronulla with my Great Aunt at her convent/nursing home. So DH, my brother, my sister and me all went to visit Nan at the last minute before my sister went overseas. We went in our new car!

It was truly beautiful where my Nan was staying - overlooking Cronulla beach. We saw a pod of dolphins swim past while looking out the common room window.

Unfortunately there were a few silly statements. The first was from my Great Aunt about my weight - that I was "twice the size" of my Nan - Nan just squeezed my hand and I felt better. Nan also told us that my great Aunt (her sister) was being completely annoying - so much so that they'd had words. I made a decision at that point that I would go and see her again next week - easier as she is moving back to the Baulkham Hills convent - so that she has a break from her sister.

After we left, the conversation turned to having children. My B3 made a stupid comment about lesbians and gay couples could only have children naturally. I said 'well if that's what you think about it, where does that leave me?' He got frustrated, thinking that was not what he meant - but that IS the position I am in.

My Dad rang my sister to say goodbye and she started crying - I rubbed her arm but she threw me off. She doesn't like to be touched by family members. I'd forgotten how non-tactile my family is. I realised at that point how much I have changed since I lived at home.

I'm off to copy this over to my blog - huge to you all!

firstly...yay on the new car!!!!!:woot:
    gotta love nan's and great nans for calling it as they see it (or at least how THEY see it)
    I think it must be a condition that effects the very young and the very old, it is when they don't have any idea of the right time to make a comment...hhhmmmm I've lost count of the times when children at work have asked me if I had a baby in my tummy????....3 years BEFORE Paige was even considered!!!, I get the occasional poke in the boobies saying..."your boobies are really big...not like my mummy's"...so good for my overly inflated self image...NOT!!!!
    My family are also a no-touchy family, where as DH's family are totally huggy kissy and I love you's for everything, took a bit of getting used to but it is how I want Paige and B-2 brought up as well.
    The hardest part is that my mum has decided after 30 years of being a non-touchy person she is trying to be a cuddly, kissy person and it feels forced and consequently uncomfortable and I am sad to admit that it really freaks me out after a life time of the other.
    Oh well, may pop back in later Paige has decided not to settle yet is hollering for "Mumma"(don't know how mummy has now become...Mumma????) She is getting louder see you later I hope, though still exhausted so maybe/maybe not!!!!!

Gargy and blizz...I know how you feel with the tactile family.. mine wasn't very cuddly (mum was Dad was definately not.. my siblings were definately not), but I did manage to get my dad to give me a hug. DH family are crazy huggers and it is lovely!

Gargy.. the car sounds lovely.. families hey?

sorry my posting is all over the place.. my mind has completely gone - I have the memory of a gold fish at the moment and I'm incredibly vague to the point of having two showers on saturday because I couldn't remember the first one. I can't remember what I typed above and hope I haven't offended anyone.. the crazy days of syneral will hopefully end on thursday when the injections start - although this morning on the way to the clinic I was ready to stuff the nasal spray up someone's nose (the bottle that is).. I wanted off and out and had had enough, so now I am clinging to thursday in the eternal hope that it will see me improve my condition...

luv and hugs!

Well - you haven't offended me - but yes, I hope that the weirdness ends soon!!

about the syranel nose shoving!

I think things are getting to me. I'm really upset that I have been dumped from a panel at work with no explanation. To the point I actually started crying today.

I do the right thing and get my health back in order, and this happens?

I feel so sad that I am not respected at work anymore. But respect is linked to attendance - and a lot of my absences are due to TTCing or other issues surrounding this.

I'm not willing to give up on having a baby, but I hate the way I am regarded at work now. I also feel I am missing out on time with my family. And I'm not really sure what I can do about it. But I feel very sad today.

Gargy, as I said in your blog...this really sucks and is totally not fair.
    I'm sorry they let you find out in such an uncaring and unprofessional manner.
    maybe you can view this as a sign to concentrate on you for the next bit of time and let them go fish for it!!!!(not the words I want to use but the censor you know!!!) and I say stuff feeling guilty over it, if they can treat you like this then it is time to for a change I think (sorry if I am babbling I am just soooooo mad on you behalf I want to fly over there and grab some heads and bang them together!!!!)

Alioops, can you keep ur eye out on DH again - back in Adelaide til thursday, then he's in melbourne around the 21st for a day or three... and poor old DH.. I'd got his hopes up by telling him he could jab me with the Gonal F needles and he's away for the first one - he looked really disappointed (LOL!)

Hope everyone else is travelling well hugs to ya all

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast