Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #8

hey Gargy.......how goes the surging????.......it's like waiting for your lotto numbers to come up isn't it??????

Hi Ladies

Well not good news I'm afraid. We got the results and it's I am quite sad... really thought we were going to get a BFP. I guess the good thing is we have 3 frosties in the freezer so hopefully 1 of them will give us our BFP.
    I know we will be ok... just a bit sad at the moment. Next step is if I dont get AF by Tuesday have to go for another blood test to make sure HCG levels have dropped. If I get it before Tuesday I guess I will call them to find out what we do now. I hope we can get on with things fairly quickly. Dont want to have to wait too long!!

Joy

Oh, I'm so sorry Joy - I was writing as you were.

Definitely take your time and feel sad. It is a hard thing to hear.

Lieve,

I think that I may have ovulated - I had the chocolate craving, the NEED to clean, and have become very irritated with DH today - either that or I'm behaving normally

Fantastic news about the sperm!

I agree with Blizz about being at the beginning of a very difficult challenge. Whatever happens you and DH will be following a different journey to most in order to have a child.

Most of us have been through the emotional challenges as well. Going back through my journals and blogs (for work related reasons) I realised how much of a toll last year, and the beginning of this year, has been for us and our relationship. Grief definitely takes its toll.

Please remember that we are here and we will listen and support you whatever challenges you face.

We are still in the depths of this process but we still believe that we will have a child. I can't wait to be looking back at all of this and saying 'this was sooo worth it.' And if we don't have a child - well it still will have been worth it.

Blizz,

you have all helped me from loosing my head and being able to talk about issues that I don't feel other people in my world can understand....who can understand properly unless they have walked in your shoes, I have met some amazing ladies who are walking my path though we may all be at different parts of the same path
    thankyou to all of you for the support I get from this amazing thread
    I love you guys.........allie xxxxxxxx
    Right back at you! When I talked to BFS about BB, she said it was like an on-line support group. Some days it was DH, BFS and you all that were getting me through. So, love to you all - I would be lost without your support.

Tarkine

Thinking of you...

As I said to Lieve - I think I've hit the PMS part of the cycle - I was adoring of DH a couple of days ago, today I could quite happily strangle him!

Luckily they have delayed the test until 9.15 am - so we get a bit of a sleep in.

Seeing my niece and nephews on Sunday - so I have said to DH that we need a sloth day tomorrow and a 'us' day on Monday. That's the plan anyway...
    Last edited by Caramello; October 3rd, 2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: ETA

oh Joy, I am sorry to hear that, we too went through quite a few FET's before this one took, fingers and toes crossed that the next one will be the one..... hope you can get straight back in to it, take care of yourselves

*new photo's added (including a belly shot sorry I don't do tight tops so it doesn't look as big as it actually is)

Thanks Blizz - Can I ask how many transfers you had before you fell pregnant with Paige and with this pregnancy?

Thanks for your words to Gargy. Sometimes it just feels like you never get a 'break' in life! Oh well enough with the negative thoughts and time for positive.

Chat soon

with Paige we did 10 try's at IUI with an unproven donor at this point my nephew was born with cystic fybrosis and my family were all tested I tested as a carrier of the CF gene along with one of my four brothers (father to my nephew) and since there were no records of whether my donor had been tested we decided to lessen the risk and switch donors,
    The clinic must have decided that because we had been mucked around with an unproven donor that they would offer us ICSI on our first IVF treatment free of charge so I had 20 eggs collected (yes I was very uncomfortable) and of these 12 fertilised through ICSI
    I had one fresh transfer put in and this didn't take and Paige was the result of our 1st FET.

we started trying again when Paige was 11mths old I had to wait for AF to return and stabilise after BF, we had been slowly whittling our way though our remaining 10 embryos and now have three remaining in storage.
    It did seem to take us a lot longer the second time around we also had a miscarriage in Nov last year.
    but everybody is different so I'll be hoping that you have my first experience and your next try will be the lucky one.
    with love from Allie xxxxxx

I woke up with pains this morning as well and thought....no come on this is way to early!!!!....turned out it was gas!!!!!!

by the way does anybody have the number of the fairy that comes and waves her magic wand and finds a place for everything????????....even when you think you have no more space to spare??????????....I desperately need it now!!!!!!!!!!....my house is threatening to overfow with junk at the moment that I seriously CAN"T find a home for!!!!!!!

by the way does anybody have the number of the fairy that comes and waves her magic wand and finds a place for everything????????....even when you think you have no more space to spare??????????....I desperately need it now!!!!!!!!!!....my house is threatening to overfow with junk at the moment that I seriously CAN"T find a home for!!!!!!!

When you find one, let me know!

Let me guess - you have braved the study again???

Joy - so sorry you got a BFN - it's so hard after all the had work and emotion. Good on you for looking onwards and upwards...it's the way to go.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend...shame about the miserable weather in Sydney - but what can you do...

Hi Blizz

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did you get really upset each time you were not pregnant? I am so upset at the moment - just keep crying! DH is worried bout me! I think it's just such an emotional journey and your hormones are all over the place it's really hard taking the news that you are not pregnant! I have been thinking all day today... 'what if I can never get pregnant?' then that just starts me off crying again! Has anyone else ever had this thought? I really didn't think I would be this upset with a BFN. I know this will make me stronger and all that but just a little hard at the moment. AF turned up today so I am going to call the clinic tomorrow and find out what our next step is. Not sure if they would like us to wait until next month to do a transfer or if we will go straight into it this month.

Thanks for listening ladies... I dont know where I would be without your kind words and support!!!

p.s Blizz if you find the number for the fairy please send her my way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gargy View Post

you have braved the study again???
    Haven't even made it out of the lounge room/kitchen yet!!!!!
    I am in soooooo much trouble....one of the girls in another forum suggested that we should water our house's to see if they may grow a bit....I'll try anything at this stage.
    I get frustrated to easily at the moment and give up and sit on the couch.
    might have a go at it tomorrow arvo when DD is in Daycare and DH has headed back to work,
    We haven't had a meal at the table as a family yet because I CAN"T FIND IT!!!!!! under all of the stuff that has been chucked on it since before and after I finished work.
    goal for tomorrow....clear the table so we can have a sit down family meal on Saturday when DH gets home.
    must admit plaster dust and building mess also getting me down....but it will be worth it in the end....Laundry is starting to look good and suprising what a modern update can do for a room it looks bigger and more organisable, the tiler is supposed to be in on Saturday so I guess I'll hold off on doing my last proper clean up till then, mind you still have plumber and electrician to come back as well as bench top and cupboard doors to go in so might hold off a while longer if I can stand it.

Oh honey firstly.......... yes I to have been through this devestation when implants haven't taken, a couple of times at work which was really hard.
    I think I just hardened myself to it with the attitude of oh well straight back in to it and I too would ring the clinic and say...what next for this month????
    I think the hardest thing I've found is that through the whole process of IVF I have conditioned myself to expect the worse so that I won't be too devestated (it never really truely works though)
    Another problem I have found is that in both of my PG's I have been waiting for things to go wrong again I think it was a hang up from the IVF processes so every time I go to the toilet I still check and expect to see (but still secretly hope not to see) something going wrong( I am getting a little better in the last part pf PG but still nervous IYKWIM
    I think it is just the nature of IVF
    jump back on the horse if they'll let you hon at least then YOU feel like you have some control in what is happening to you but don't forget to take a break for a cycle if you find it is getting to much it is amazing of what a month with out trying will do to give you a break from it all it is like a pressure is lifted but come the end of that month you are usually busting to get back in to things.
    Does this make any sense????? It has been my experience to date.

Oh Joy, here's some more hugs

The last time when I found out the IUI hadn't worked in February I burst into tears at work and had a long talk with my manager about everything.

Yes I definitely have had that thought - what will happen if we don't have children? I have thought of different scenarios.

These thoughts are there - but for the moment I've shrugged them off and started the IVF round again.

I don't go straight back into things again mainly for my own grieving process, plus I generally have other things going on. But when I feel ready I get back up and start again.

Blizz,

Oh dear - you really have the cleaning bug! Here's hoping you find a place for everything!

Hey everyone,

Got the results back from the blood test this morning - I am where I should be now and will be starting Syranel tomorrow morning - probably at 6.30 am to tie in with work.

I'll let you know how I go.

wo-hoo honey good luck with the syranel

joy, my thoughts are with you.

Gargy - good luck with the syranel - I was a brain dead goldfish on syneral. I was talking with Dustry about this and she said there has abeen a range of reactions (and mine was about the worst!).. Trust me to go all out with the reaction to the drug!!

I think somewhere I read that eating an orange afterwards takes the taste away (worth trying).

Blizz.. can you come and clean my place? You cleaning demon you!! Hope the renos get sorted before Angus makes his arrival - my bet is on the 30th October!

Take care everyone - sorry haven't been around lately, but i have been popping in now and then to check on you all

Gargy - if you like a sleep in on the weekends...I suggest you re-assess the sniffing time. Has to be done the same time each day to prevent O and you really shouldnt be late. Just a suggestion. I do my needles etc at night and set my phone alarm for a daily reminder.
    So glad you're starting....

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast