Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: to the single parents....

thanka dee, you're gonna make me cry if ur not careful!!

Well, some of you would have heard all the drama's over the past few years with Ashlea's dad's crazy psychotic girlfriend who has been a constant pain in my @ss since they got together, and done anything she can to cause troblue with me and ashlea's dad, and also upset Ashlea so so so many times...
    Well I'm so so happy to tell you all that christmas was the breaking point to their pathetic excuse for a relationship and they broke up
    he told me it was coming for a long time and that it was for the best and blah blah blah. There were alot of drama's while they were down for christmas, and now I'm just so happy that Ashlea doesn't have to be anywhere near the nasty cow anymore !!!

Yay!! finally the wicked b*tch is gone!! What a great chrissy present for you guys Now lets hope they dont get back together...

kerry Guest

Dee - surely the chrissy angels where watching over you this christmas...congratulations omg I have "ding dong the b*&^h" is gone singing in my head! What a lovely chrissy present for both you and Ashlea.

thats why i wrote wicked b*tch kerry... had the same tune going on!!

haha you're both spot on, all though i can think of much worse that suits her better

So could i, but this IS a family orientated forum dee LOL hahaha

Kellie, we still love ya, and we miss ya!! Pop in here more often... We were starting to wonder if you'd left us forever!!

Things arent great here, but im surviving...

Christmas wasnt to bad, we havent had any incidents lately, not since my wrist was broken...

Kellie! Its so good to see you here I was wondering how you and Paige were doing!

I'm in the same boat as you, Ashlea is 5 now and I dont see myself having more kids, esspecially any time soon. Make sure you keeping popping in to see us, we miss you!

Simone, sorry if i've misread anything here, but you don't mean the broken wrist had something to do with Ryan do you? Sorry if i've jumped to conclusions here, just the wording of your last post made me ask.

Jo, how is everything going for you and Brigid?

kerry Guest

Kellie - thanks for the compliment on Bridie, I think so too...LOL.

Dee - Brigid and I are going really well. Her dad and I reconciled a month before her birth but in September this year split again, for many reasons and not just his fault. It is a very amicable split and while I have B all the time he sees her when he can. Our biggest problem is her 1/2 brother who is sociopathic and one of the main reasons we seperated again. While his behaviour was somthing I could tolerate before B was born I can't put her safety second to someone else's child being in her life. There were a few incidents of attempted smothering and some problems with knives (he is now 8.5). Sometimes it can get hard being a working single mum with an overactive and advanced 11mth old but it is all worth it. While I am at work (its either that or live in the car!) she stays with my dad and little sister and is happy to go there. Brigid is almost walking, climbs onto furniture, has over 20 words, sleeps in a bed (although low) and is already insisting on choosing her own clothes for the day :slaphead: Oh and thanks to a chrissy present can identify the letters B, Z, S and X.... and will tell you that b says "buh" and apparently the other 3 all say "sssss".

Sounds like some problems there Jo, sorry I don't have any further advice to you.

Still plodding along here too.

kerry Guest

Divvy (as my fellow, recently single mum)... did you feel liberated?, like some huge opressive millstone hade been taken from around your neck?

Jo, Brigid is just gorgeous... and it sounds like you have one very clever little bubba there!!

Things arent great here, but just plodding along...

kerry Guest

Simone as long as you are safe, that is the main thing!... I know its scarey and daunting to make the break but once its done (if your like me) you will be asking yourself what took so long.

Hope the kids are well and had a lovely chrissy.

Oh and thanks on the B comments, I like to think so.

Havent had too many probs of late, nothing physical (just the mental abuse, but i will post that elsewhere soon...)

Sometimes, i think about leaving and just letting him have the kids, That what makes it so hard to leave, he wants the kids.

I'm still having a hell time with Ashlea's behaviour since she came home from some time with dad over christmas. She seems to think that its okay to behave like a monster because of the behaviour she saw from the crazy (thank god now ex) girlfirend

I think not matter how much we all know its for the best, and that the kids are always much happier with happy mums, its just always going to be tough raising kids on your own, having to deal with the constant conflicts between parents, the differences, the effects on the children of the spilt family.

I still constantly struggle having to do everything on my own, making the descisions, hoping they are right, living the way i am at the moment on little money until Ash starts school and I go back to work, being lonely when its just you and the kids, not having the 'family' time you see so many other people having.

I get jealous of my friends that have the mum and dad and kids setup, an even though I've been with a fantastic guy for over a year now, I'm still a single parent. He doesn't play the role of her father or step father, not because he doesnt want to, or because i don't want him too, just because Ashlea has a dad and thats all there is too it. We don't live together, its still just Ash and i against the world.

I'm so much happier since i left Ashlea's dad almost 4 years ago, but its not easy all the time, but we're a tough little bunch over here and we'll all be okay

Dee big to you, Although i feel awful that xander's dad didnt stick around, i was happy because when i found a nice guy who wanted to stick around and take on xander as his own, we didnt have to worry about there being "2 daddies" or anything like that. I hope you can sort something out. Thinking of you.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast