Thread: HELP. Bladder infection??

Unhappy HELP. Bladder infection??

I woke up every 2hrs throughout last night to pee i'm so tired. this morning when i pee'd and the light was on, i noticed my pee is very dark, almost with a red look to it... i have pain in my abdomen too do you think i have a bladder infection? It doesnt sting when i pee, so its not like a UTI (urinary tract infection) ive had them before. I'm sitting here drinking 4 cups of water.

Should i get to a doctor today?

I've had an UTI without it stinging....id be going to the doctors for sure...

I hope you get better really soon!!

go and get yourself tested hun - it's better to be safe than sorry! UTI's can happen without any of the normal stining but lots of pain in your bladder - depends on what bacteria is causing the infection!

in the meantime, keep hydrated, try some unsweetened cranberry juice, and maybe even get the Ural satchels you can grab from the chemist (and maybe the supermarket).

a couple of months back, i had a UTI start very similarly to what you're describing, and within 12 hours i was peeing so much blood it was like AF (sorry for the TMI) and i was in crippling pain. AB's took a while to kick in, but the doc said if it hadn't improved within 24 hours he'd have put me in hospital on IV AB's and to rehydrate me - don't let it get to that point - it was nasty!!

Hun, get to a doctor straight away, these things can spread pretty quickly and you don't want it getting into your kidneys! I second the Ural and cranberry suggestions, although I prefer to use cranberry capsules as I don't believe the sugar in the juice is at all helpful and unsweetened it's too tart for my liking!

Sorry Ren, that sounds terrible. My mum had one a few weeks ago with blood in her pee and got really sick. So get to the dr ASAP! Drink lots of water and some cranberry juice, you can get cranberry tablets too, I find they work really well. Stops the bacteria sticking to the wall of the bladder and multiplying so good for preventing them but u need to get it treated also.
    It doesn't have to sting. I had one in my kidney a few years ago and it didn't sting at all. Just sore in my back.

Thanks girls for your advice. I'm sorry i have been at work all day and only on BB now. I didnt get the chance to see a doctor today. plus they take 2 days before you can get in to see one in my area!!! its ridiculous and i ain't waiting at the hospital for 6hrs either! I got to work and kept drinking water, and kept fluids up and the pain has stopped (abdomen) and i slowed down with the peeing and only peeing every 2-3hrs now, as usual i guess, and my pee is clear again... phew. i was so worried this morning when i woke up, thought i was dying

i will keep an eye on it and if it comes back or any pain i will def see a doc. those ural green sachets are great arent they, i will get some tomorrow. i was at the shops tonight and woudl you believe it i forgot to get some when i was in there and by the time i drove out it was pouring rain and didnt want to go back in!!! so more water for me
    bit worried about seeing a doc anyway incase they want to put me on antibiotics, incase i am UTD i dont want to go on them

my doc was pretty good - when i told him we were ttc, he checked to make sure any ab's he gave were suitable in pregnancy - just let them know (though i hope it wasn't an infection!!)

uugh don't you just hate UTI/bladder infections . i am glad you are doing a bit better. the little blighters/bugs hate water/hydration so drink as much as you can to dilute your urine - it always makes me feel slightly vindictive and sadistic when i drink drink drink thinking 'ha ha you little blighters i will get you back!'

i used to get one every time we DTD and found the best way to avoid any repeat performances was always go to the toilet as soon as you can after DTD (sure not very romantic but really works). after having to take an antibiotic immediately after every time we DTD as a prophylactic i really prefer the toilet routine.....

GL hun!

Yep, good advice Dusty... get thee to your toilet after DTD and try to at least squeeze out a few drops LOL... it does really help. Good to hear you're feeling better.... your first post was a bit of a worry!

Thanks girls! I do go to the loo after each dtd session but quite often i try not to 'squeeze' any out hehe as we are ttc and don't want to waste any! although i know lots of them will fall out anyway lol

Get to a doctor - don't mess with this sort of thing.

Would be pretty **** to get a severe kidney infection and not have seeked help and then have some kidney damage as a result which will really impact your health and your TTC.

Book and appt - even if it is in a few days and get it checked - once you know what it is you can start making decisions about drugs etc but until you know, you are risking your health and that baby you want would like to have a really healthy body in which to grow!

Thanks Tracey, i don't have any symptoms anymore and when i urinate, it's clear (as normal) so would that be safe to say i bypassed whatever it was? I don't feel like anything is wrong. HOWEVER, I have been peeing 3 times in a night (very annoying) whereas normally its once a night i get up. Could that be anything??

you're not pregnant are you?

sorry Rayray, just noticed you had posted on this thread, nah, i wasn't pregnant unfortunately.... would have been nice though!!!!! maybe this month lol
    i never saw a doctor i think it was just a very mild Bladder infection / UTI